72 replies to this topic

#1 TrAnE

TrAnE

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 11:47 PM

I know this is Hitman forum but i just heard that EA is devoleping new Need For Speed ProStreet.I played all Need For Speed from Underground to Carbon.What you think what is gonna be this year NFSPR?
Posted Image

#2 Bafford

Bafford

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 11:50 PM

well, "most wanted" was the best one. carbon was just utter crap.
and with prostreet most likely not having free roam, IMO its gonna be crap as well.

#3 TrAnE

TrAnE

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 12:36 AM

I think it will have free roam becuase of police.But is gonna be stupid if you not driving in street.
Posted Image

#4 y3K

y3K

Henchman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 12:41 AM

Underground 3

stuff Carbon

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#5 Chief Grizzly

Chief Grizzly

Bear

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7244 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 12:58 AM

I miss the old NfS before Underground :rolleyes: even though it sort of revitalised the series, it went all urban and lost the wanker-y aspect of running away from the police in fast cars.

I may check the new one out anyway though, just because I crave any driving game after discovering PGR3.

Posted Image

#6 Bafford

Bafford

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 01:00 AM

I think it will have free roam becuase of police.But is gonna be stupid if you not driving in street.

i sure hope so, coz the official website makes it sound like semi-nascar with "racing tracks around the world". nothing about free roam and good old street racing.

#7 MrMagic

MrMagic

Silent Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1723 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 01:26 AM

Removing free roam would be taking 10 steps back. I'm pretty sure free roam will still be there.

#8 y3K

y3K

Henchman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 01:27 AM

we need caro exotica back

we need fast euro excplicit cars that kept NFS running in its ealry life

the urban high streets are over now

something like that but with free roam

something like Test Drive Unlimited........

Edited by y3K, 01 June 2007 - 01:28 AM.

#9 MrMagic

MrMagic

Silent Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1723 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 01:28 AM

we need caro exotica back

we need fast euro excplicit cars that kept NFS running in its ealry life

the urban high streets are over now

Talk for yourself.

Buying stock regular cars and tuning them > Buying exotics and leave them stock.

#10 Murder Inc.

Murder Inc.

Shadow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2789 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 01:52 AM

Porsche Unleashed was the best of the series, everything else pales Posted Image

http://www.ea.com/nf...e_selection.jsp

EA Shifts Gears With Need For Speed ProStreet
EA announced today that Need for Speed™ ProStreet is being developed by EA Black Box in Vancouver, B.C., and is to ship this autumn. This is a ground-breaking Need for Speed experience where you're thrust to compete head to head against the best street racers in a multitude of racing showdowns. "Need for Speed ProStreet accelerates street racing culture by providing the ultimate stage for the pursuit of street racing supremacy," said Executive Producer, Larry LaPierre. "This is a game about building the ultimate performance-tuned battle machine, taking it to multi-disciplinary showdowns all over the world and pitting your skills and reputation against the very best street racers." Need for Speed ProStreet boasts impeccable precision and impressively detailed photo-real graphics, effectively transporting you to the center of the action. It pushes the "Autosculpt™" technology to a new level, allowing you to directly impact your car's performance for the first time as well as personalise its appearance. Need for Speed ProStreet is a true taste of raw adrenaline and racing with consequences. Every dent, every scratch and every crumpled body panel is a battle scar, proof of your commitment and competitive mettle. With an aggressive and skilled AI system, you become immersed in an unmatched believable race experience. Add in a revolutionary online mode that will redefine the meaning of competitive social play, and Need for Speed ProStreet is the ultimate formula for an emotionally charged street racing showdown. Need for Speed ProStreet will be available for Xbox 360™, PLAYSTATION®3, and Wii™ as well as the PlayStation®2, Nintendo DS™, PSP® (PlayStation® Portable), PC and mobile.
Yeah, the search button has been shut off. Appearantly no one used it, so they said fuck it and got rid of it. - Captain_Steve

̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿'̿̿\̵͇̿̿\=(๏̯͡๏)=/̵͇̿̿'̿̿/'̿ ̿̿̿ ̿̿

#11 MrMagic

MrMagic

Silent Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1723 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 02:03 AM

Speaking of Autoscuplt... It sucked balls on Carbon.

#12 TrAnE

TrAnE

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 02:55 AM

I like the way the threadstarter says he's played ALL the NFS from underground to carbon!

What about Hot Pursuit 1? What about Road Challenge??

CLassics! Classics I tell you.

Also, carbon sucks balls. The best ones were underground 1 and most wanted (of the tuner series that is)

If they get rid of free roam and tuning they're shooting themselves in the foot.

I wanted to play Porsche unleashed and Hot Pursuit but i couldnt find them anywhere.

What story is gonna be in this NFS?

Edited by TrAnE, 01 June 2007 - 02:58 AM.

Posted Image

#13 y3K

y3K

Henchman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 208 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 03:00 AM

wots the difference of Porsche Unleashed and Porsche Challenge?

just wondering.....

#14 MrMagic

MrMagic

Silent Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1723 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 05:23 AM

Two different games?

#15 Riprie

Riprie

Vesparum

• Members
  • 8456 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 05:25 AM

I hope they bring back the neon lights.

#16 Pulp

Pulp

it

• Banned
  • 7821 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 06:08 AM

Yay another shitty urban racing game.

I AM THE GOD OF HELLFIRE AND I BRING YOU FIRE!
"Did you just compare the ps3 having shitty launch and follow up titles to being black in a racist bigoted world?" -Zoo

#17 Henrick

Henrick

Shadow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3646 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 06:50 AM

i'm probably going to buy/download it even if it is shit. Something about the need for speed games just draws me in, i never seem to get really bored with them. Favorite nfs game would have to be either Road and track SE, or porsche unleashed.

#18 stüart

stüart

An Orifice and a Genital

• Members
  • 9218 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 06:57 AM

The free-roam in it sucked, thats why I liked Underground one the best. Seriously, I bought the game to race, not to fanny about driving around a city to the race places, it was damn boring. Tuning was ok though, shame the body kits all looked worse than the original car.

#19 Terror Risk

Terror Risk

Broken Box

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5325 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 07:13 AM

I liked NFS2. with the tracks that had traps an shit.

I miss it. :rolleyes:
I think I lost my headache

#20 Murder Inc.

Murder Inc.

Shadow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2789 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 09:31 PM

Pinched from another forum:

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Numerous preview articles:
NFSUNLIMITED.NET
NFSGARAGE
NFSCARS
ND4SPDWORLD.COM

Known facts:
- No free roam, traffic, or cops. Instead drag, circuit, speed, and drift return with events around the world being held by numerous organisations.
- Closed racing circuits from around the world (US, Japan, Europe etc).
- Sunny day races only. No weather changes.
- Completely new physics model (Traction control, ABS, etc can be turned off to alter your car handling and difficulty)
- Extensive damage modelling (3 levels with the option to repair you car after each race) and elaborate smoke effects (more hp=more smoke).
- 'The biggest car list in any NFS game up to date – more than in Carbon, totaling at about 50-60 cars with a age span of 40+ years, from 26 manufacturers, 8 supercars, tuners, muscles.' (Each car will handle differently, and further differ with upgrades added.)
- Autosculpt returns and is available on all parts. Far more elaborate than the previous titles. You can choose virtually any engine part and make adjustments for power. (A turbo from HKS will behave differently than a turbo from GReddy for eg) A windtunnel etc is included for tuning.
(90+ part slots, 300+ tuning variables, 1000+ aftermarket parts, 250+ aftermarket companies, All real aftermarket parts, Dyno your car for best performance)
- 'Blueprints' (which are basically car setups/profiles) will be available for sharing online.
- 'Up to 8 racers in one race with no catch up and real life like AI that occasionally makes mistakes.'
Yeah, the search button has been shut off. Appearantly no one used it, so they said fuck it and got rid of it. - Captain_Steve

̿̿ ̿̿ ̿̿ ̿'̿̿\̵͇̿̿\=(๏̯͡๏)=/̵͇̿̿'̿̿/'̿ ̿̿̿ ̿̿