#81 RomanViking

RomanViking

Silent Assassin

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1382 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 02:46 AM

*Bump*

They totally need to make a PSP Hitman! Now before you get pissed for thread necromacy, I have many things to add to the discussion, so chill.

Technically I think it's very possible to either port a current Hitman to PSP, or make a new game with the old engine(s). I mean, they did the GTA side stories, with their long draw distances and entire cities to explore! Although the cities were pretty empty, and had low res textures galore...

Anyway, even if they had to simplify the textures and tone the sound quality down a notch I'd still buy it in a heartbeat!

They could either do a small side story akin to the flashbacks setup of Contracts, or just port one of the Hitman games to the handheld. I'd be esctatic either way.

The only problem I really see that could hinder the game's progress would be the lack of a second analog stick - how would you aim your weapons really? I suppose you could hold down a button to enter "aiming mode" like in Resident evil 4, then aim with the 1 analog stick... :hmm: it worked well enough in GTA stories and RE4. And since Hitman is a stealth game first, you would not be using your guns very often.

@Foofighter, I'm pushing for Resident Evil 4 on PSP too! :D

I like to crash into people with a car close to a cliff, then quickly throw a molotov on them, stab them before they die, and they fall from the cliff while they die. Usually they die before step 4, but not always.

#82 PencilWithInk

PencilWithInk

Pickpocket

• Validating
  • 6 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 12:15 AM

I Think It would be fantsatic if hitman is on PSP.... Just don't let the graphic Look like shit...

#83 BRO-3886

BRO-3886

Henchman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 12:18 AM

Isn't this thread a little too old to be brougt to life again?
Everywhere, and before everything, by day and by night, constantly in mind is death
Posted Image

#84 Choronzon

Choronzon

"He is Backstory, son of Exposition!"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2444 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 02:04 AM

Isn't this thread a little too old to be brougt to life again?

It is. But you don't expect these newbies to actually have read about threadnecromancy, right? ;)
I'm going to the shed. Time to bury the past.

Indication of triumph, the numbers that are dead
-- Slayer, 'War Ensemble'

When you talk to God, it's called prayer
When God talks to you, it's called schizophrenia.

#85 Jack 17

Jack 17

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 03 June 2010 - 08:54 PM

Bottom line is, if you can make a Metal Gear Solid game on the PSP, you can definately make a Hitman game on the PSP.

If IOI can do it, though, that's a gamble.

#86 BRO-3886

BRO-3886

Henchman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 04 June 2010 - 06:34 AM

You don't like Io-Interactive huh
Everywhere, and before everything, by day and by night, constantly in mind is death
Posted Image

#87 Jack 17

Jack 17

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 09:19 PM

I acknowledge their desires to make good games, but if they can only TRY to achieve the best then they should step asside and have someone skilled make the games for them while they stand at the back of the room and draw up storyboards. If Hitman didn't have 47 in it, I seriously wouldn't care about it. The character's sheer awesomeness is the only thing keeping my interest in the series.

Edited by Jack 17, 05 June 2010 - 09:20 PM.

#88 agent47xagency

agent47xagency

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 07:42 AM

the possibilities are endless rite
Agent 47 for LIFE!!!

#89 Foofighter

Foofighter

^^Too lazy to change the avatar

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5428 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 11:39 AM

Now that the PSP Vita is coming out Hitman on PSP is even more possible than before.