Alternative playing style (non-SA)
Posted 04 February 2008 - 04:53 PM
1. The greatest way of playing "Deadly Cargo" I think is dressing up as SWAT member and taking part in the assault on the ship. I never knew you had to use the hooker to distract the guard at the car. I just run into the car, plant the device and 3 times out of 4 I can make a clean get away (guard warning me but then I've already planted it).
Then I use the cellar to get onto the harbor grounds and sneak around the police, entering the building where the SWATs are. After one SWAT goes into the small room, I sneak in and syringe him. Take his gear and await the instructions on the radio.
If you're gonna try it, remember to keep in fourth position because otherwise the others of the team will get suspicious. The first teams will already have assaulted the ship, taking out the guards on deck and establishing a foothold. Follow your teammates and enter the ship. Go below and shoot any baddies with single bursts to save ammo. Find the container, disarm the bomb then go to the upper deck again. Climb the footholds from the outside and sneak up on the baddies' boss.
The most entertaining part is taking part in the assault itself.
2. A semi-massacre approach to Rendez Vous in Rotterdam: once inside, go to the upper floor and start taking pot shots at the bikers from the balcony. Most will run around a bit, making for a great live shooting alley.
3. In the Meat King's Party: use the meat cleaver and sneak up on the guests on the dancing floor. They won't mind at all while you sneakily hack them to death one by one.
4. In Slaying A Dragon I was low on health and I still had to confront Lee Hong. I thought I could simply snipe him from the balcony but that only got him angry! So I ran out while he was coming after me with his poisoned sword. Keeping cool, I waited outside just around the door, he leaped out... And I emptied a full magazine of my Uzi into him (well most of it). This may not sound like a great feat but remember I was low on health and desperate to finish the level without getting killed again (no save-ability).
Posted 05 February 2008 - 01:44 AM
Posted 05 February 2008 - 02:18 PM
2. A semi-massacre approach to RendezVous in Rotterdam: once inside, go to the upper floor and start taking pot shots at the bikers from the balcony. Most will run around a bit, making for a great live shooting alley.
I like doing massacres in that level too, but instead of doing just pot shots, I like to unpack a sniper rifle preferably the Dragunov or the PGM and then shoot down the guard by the stairs and the ones that try to get upstairs to shoot me, then run and hide in one of the side rooms until they all leave and then do it again. I do the same for the guards outside, but I use the staircase that is on the top floor of the counterfeit money factory.
As for Deadly Cargo, I like to do the assault also, but I much prefer taking part in the main assault and then going into the ship and doing that. But it's hard to do the main assault without being seen by a swat and being subsequently shot at by swat officers.
BTW, did any of you ever notice that DC, is the only mission that you can do in first person view without being shot at by the other swat officers.
Posted 05 February 2008 - 03:34 PM
Hm, the main assault... Hadn't thought of that because the Swats will become suspicious very quickly if you run up to the front (in the secondary wave, so the main assault must be even more tricky). Must try that one for myself.
Regarding the silenced gun: sneaking up to people and shooting them in the back of the head also gives me a morbid satisfaction. Something in the way they drop without uttering a single complaint.
I also like the 'getting surprised' option when I'm busy dragging a body away and some poor innocent sap(s) walk onto the scene. Sorry guys... Wrong place, wrong time [poof].
And even though I prefer first person view in other games, Hitman has a certain charm of watching yourself in third person view, especially during the sneaking and strangling.
Edited by Geronimo, 05 February 2008 - 03:36 PM.
Posted 03 June 2008 - 01:34 AM
Posted 03 June 2008 - 01:39 AM
Posted 05 June 2008 - 02:38 AM
Posted 05 June 2008 - 03:49 PM
After that you can have a pretty much silent massacre, with an SMG without much trouble its a lot of fun.
And also, if you look around, try and find the room with the bellboy and the woman, it's the room with the bellboy uniform on the bed. Wait for them to go into the bathroom to do it. Sneak in when they are both in there and doing it with each other. Wait for the door close, and take out your handgun, and open and fire at their heads. If you do it right you can get both of them in around 2 seconds, both head shots, I find it great fun to do that.
Posted 06 June 2010 - 01:33 PM
Edited by sotamursu, 06 June 2010 - 01:37 PM.
Posted 26 October 2010 - 06:20 AM
Posted 29 January 2011 - 07:06 PM
For an alternative approach, try to put the gasoline on the fire place in Beldginford Manor... Fantastic!!! :laugh:
Dude I love how that just completely rapes that whole room!! :laugh: yet its a quite beautiful mansion so at the same time brings a tear to my eye.
Edited by Pablo Ochoa, 29 January 2011 - 07:06 PM.