2220 replies to this topic

#81 Cerb

Cerb

Doc Scratch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19799 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 03:44 AM

@ Black Cerberus: I understand that you feel burnt from the last two Hitman games, But you honestly mean to tell me that your not even thinking about at least renting H5?

Nope. This is IOI. A developer that, since Freedom Fighters, has had every game they've released get worse and worse in quality. This is also Eidos, a publisher that loves rushing their smaller games out to make some quick money instead of having any QA whatsoever.
"I outta fuck you in the ass and tell you your not good enough to fuck yourself yet." ~ Crain4

#82 Jonas

Jonas

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 806 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 04:21 AM

eidos didnt use to suck but I'll get the next hitman anyway

Edited by Jonas, 24 June 2008 - 04:22 AM.

The moon belongs to everyone
The best things in life they're free
Stars belong to everyone
They cling there for you and for me

#83 Nazareth

Nazareth

Mr. All that and a bag of chips

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 985 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 01:02 PM

Maybe a few trailers might change your minds?

#84 Symbiote

Symbiote

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5360 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 01:09 PM

Of course he'll rent it (or download it), he will play it in some form or the other.

As for trailers, they are usually misleading. See Assassin's Creed, looked awesome from the trailers, how would we know the game would consist of the exact same thing over and over again, with some sci-fi crap thrown in.

They could release some really great trailers for Hitman 5, tempting us to let our guards down, but I will not be picking it up expecting any major improvements unless the articles/previews/hands-on reports are good.

Just thinking about what BC said about Eidos, I find it quite funny that Fox landed the rights to the Hitman movie.

Edited by Symbiote666, 24 June 2008 - 01:14 PM.

#85 Sketch

Sketch

Damn!

• Moderators
  • 19488 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 01:10 PM

Well, even the gameplay vids made it look good, as they only showed the good bits.

#86 HenryHill

HenryHill

bitches will be bitches.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7419 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 01:31 PM

Assassin's creed was a disappointment that took a week to realize. Fuckin' con-artists.

#87 Cerb

Cerb

Doc Scratch

• Members
  • 19799 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 02:09 PM

Of course he'll rent it (or download it), he will play it in some form or the other.

I won't, believe me. These two companies have disappointed me three times in a row. Sure, the fourth time could be the charm, but I don't believe in superstition.

Just thinking about what BC said about Eidos, I find it quite funny that Fox landed the rights to the Hitman movie.

They only got the rights because they jipped Uwe Boll out of the contract. Originally, they made a deal with him that he'd get the exclusive purchasing rights to Hitman only if he bought the rights to Fear Effect, (and notably, they cancelled the third game in the series not long before the deal). They just gave it to Fox because they were the bigger cashcow.

Edited by Black Cerberus, 24 June 2008 - 02:09 PM.

"I outta fuck you in the ass and tell you your not good enough to fuck yourself yet." ~ Crain4

#88 Symbiote

Symbiote

• Members
  • 5360 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 02:17 PM

They only got the rights because they jipped Uwe Boll out of the contract. Originally, they made a deal with him that he'd get the exclusive purchasing rights to Hitman only if he bought the rights to Fear Effect, (and notably, they cancelled the third game in the series not long before the deal). They just gave it to Fox because they were the bigger cashcow.

Yeh, I just meant that neither Fox or Eidos seem care about quality. They are happy to shovel out as much crap as then can and only care about quick money.

Eidos is basically the Fox of the gaming industry. Which is why I found it funny that they both ended up being involved with the franchise, and have both left a bad mark on it.

Edited by Symbiote666, 24 June 2008 - 02:22 PM.

#89 Sketch

Sketch

Damn!

• Moderators
  • 19488 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 02:20 PM

@ Cerb what if it actually a good game, are you just choosing not to support IOI or just saying because you know it will be shite?

#90 Funmachine

Funmachine

Expert

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 887 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 02:27 PM

yeah, what if great reviews come back. And it's all a good news. Even if everybody says they love it are you still not going to try it, would you really be that stubborn?

I doubt it.

#91 Garrett

Garrett

Last, Best Hope of Humanity

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6904 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 02:30 PM

In the current game market state it is better to assume that everything that will come out will be shit until it can prove itself otherwise, and that especially goes for IOI games. And it's better to be surprised later if it will really be good than to disappointed again if it will turn out to be shit.

Edited by Garrett, 24 June 2008 - 02:31 PM.

Posted Image

#92 Cerb

Cerb

Doc Scratch

• Members
  • 19799 posts

Posted 24 June 2008 - 03:18 PM

@ Cerb what if it actually a good game, are you just choosing not to support IOI or just saying because you know it will be shite?

I never refuse to support anyone. It's just that I know it's going to be shit when they haven't fixed anything for four years straight. I mean, you'd think they'd pick up by then that something's wrong with their products and try to improve how they play instead of how they look.

Edited by Black Cerberus, 24 June 2008 - 03:19 PM.

#93 Symbiote

Symbiote

• Members
  • 5360 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 09:14 AM

We're about to get a shit load of info/vids/pics from E3 soon, since this place doesn't have a thread for every single game, I thought it would be best that this should be the place to discuss games that don't have their own thread, so if there's a game you want to discuss that will be at E3 and there's not enough to give it it's own thread, post here.

#94 Symbiote

Symbiote

• Members
  • 5360 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 01:04 PM

Press walkthroughs-

Resident Evil 5: http://www.gametrail...ayer/36199.html

Fable 2: http://www.gametrail.../game/2669.html

Fallout 3: http://www.gametrail.../game/4758.html

Edited by Symbiote666, 14 July 2008 - 01:05 PM.

#95 Sketch

Sketch

Damn!

• Moderators
  • 19488 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 03:15 PM

Jesus, someone check the bungie site, they have a big announcement coming I bet, according to them:

"Service will resume momentarily"

And a counter at the bottom...

#96 Symbiote

Symbiote

• Members
  • 5360 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 03:24 PM

I read some rumors about a "Halo Blue". Something like that.

#97 Sketch

Sketch

Damn!

• Moderators
  • 19488 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 03:39 PM

Advertisement:
The new instalment has already been rumoured to not star series protagonist Master Chief, and supposedly it'll be fully unveiled at Microsoft's E3 press conference this evening, which is under 12 hours away.

US site Gamespot has added to the rumour pile, claiming that the new Halo is a "darker, grittier" squad shooter in the vein of Ghost Recon or Gears of War.

The premise supposedly follows a group of colonial marines on the ground, with the entire squad controllable via Xbox Live co-op. Oh yes...

According to the site, the new game is also "less cartoony" and more styled towards the live-action shorts filmed for the launch of Halo 3, which sounds pretty damn appealing to us.

The 'Halo Blue' name - if it doesn't turn out to be just a cyan action figure on Walmart's database - could also mean that the new game follows Blue Harvest, the famous Covenant battle from Halo lore. Or maybe we're being really nerdy.

So far searches for 'Halo Blue' at the US Copyright Office have brought up nothing, and the Haloblue.com domain is registered to a Canadian production company.

Only a few hours to wait...

Sketch's reason to jizz.

#98 Symbiote

Symbiote

• Members
  • 5360 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 04:00 PM

Hmm, sounds interesting.

For any Resi5 fans: http://www.gametrail...6226.html?type=

Graphics are pretty damn juicy.

#99 Sketch