What do you think...Hitman is a GOOD or BAD person?

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Hitman271

Hitman271

Thug

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 06:23 PM

Hi to all.I play and finish SA,Contacts and BM.Also see the movie.I think that Hitman is a Good person.I know he is a clone made from the DNA of 5 master minds criminals.I think that Hitman is fighting from his past life.In SA he was working in a church in Sicilia.Father Vittorio is his friend and he was kidnapped.Hitman call Diana for some help and Hitman start killing again for money to rescue father Vittorio.In the movie he help Nika.I love all the games and i love very much the movie too.For me Hitman is a good person.For you my friend....Is Hitman is GOOD or BAD? :(

#2 Mark Parchezzi III

Mark Parchezzi III

Anal Cobra

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 07:47 PM

He is a good guy that does bad things... or is he a bad guy that does good things???
"The taste of Death in my mouth was so strong it was as if I was blowing the Grim Reaper." -Martin Evans, the Werewolf of Kansas City-

#3 psychosahi

psychosahi

Mercenary

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 09:12 PM

I dont know what he is, but i definetely want him bad guy! But inside me something tells me that he is a good guy, we have all seen his lovely human side several times

#4 BRO-3886

BRO-3886

Henchman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 12:40 AM

In Silent Asssassin 47 has become soft by optaining a human friend, fortunatly he contacts the Agency and becomes the bad guy he has allways been. 47 is a bad guy doing some good things, but for the wrong reasons. He kills because thats the only thing he can do. He is not a human, he's a clone, a man made tool. He will never be able to become a human, since he never had learned how to be together with other humans. He's a loner and can't feel love, except for some weakness he has for animals. That weakness comes from the fact that they are like him. 47 is like an animal with only one reason to live, and that is to survive. That way 47 has developed some exellent survival skills.

To sum op; 47 is a bad guy killing both bad and good guys in order to survive.

47 in the movie is not the 47 from the game. He has a total different personality. Surly there are some good things about him in the movie, and I like it as a film, but I don't think they captured his personality that good in the movie.
Everywhere, and before everything, by day and by night, constantly in mind is death
Posted Image

#5 Sledgehammer

Sledgehammer

Allan, please add details

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1353 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 04:15 PM

BRO-numbers made a post I can absolutely agree with. Good post.

#6 Fashion

Fashion

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 876 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 09:42 PM

He's likable. Kills people (for money), yet somewhat likable; like most good protagonists. I guess you could call him bad, in that respect. Then again, those at Eidos have made him murder "meanies", almost exclusively.

#7 BRO-3886

BRO-3886

Henchman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 12:14 AM

Your right, that IOI made 47 kill almost only bad people, but the question is; Is that why he is likeable or is there more to it? It's not becaus he kills bad people I like him. It is not even himself who decides who is his next target. 47 doesn't care if the person he kills is good or bad, and thats why I like him.
Everywhere, and before everything, by day and by night, constantly in mind is death
Posted Image

#8 psychosahi

psychosahi

Mercenary

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 12:24 AM

That's right 47 doesnt give a damn if the guy is bad or good, he just does that for money... If there's an obstacle in this (witnesses e.t.c.) he just kills them with the same ease he kills his victims.

#9 Choronzon

Choronzon

"He is Backstory, son of Exposition!"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2444 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 04:15 AM

That's right 47 doesnt give a damn if the guy is bad or good, he just does that for money... If there's an obstacle in this (witnesses e.t.c.) he just kills them with the same ease he kills his victims.

Yes, I agree with this here. 47 is a cold, but not entirely emotionless contract-killer. He kills whoever he is tasked, although his career path clearly has him taking out "bad" subjects and targets for many years now. Although he is obviously a clone, 47 seems to become more humane as the games pass. He still doesn't like people, but consider this:

While his demeanor is stern and almost emotionless, he has a general sense of "right" and "wrong". He sacrifices his life of solitude, gardening and tranquillity in "H:SA" to save his friend Father Vittorio - in the end even in spite of his usual "honorary salary" or plain a monetary fee. He had multiple run-ins with prostitute/damsel-in-distress Lei/Mei Ling and even though he dislikes Agent Smith, the latter considers him a "friend" of sorts. He had a few pets over the past games (canary bird, rabbit) in the first two games. In "H:BM" he botches an assassination attempt at the American president and the government people at the Mardi Gras in New Orleans. Not to mention, he and Diana seem to grow "closer" with each passing installment.
I'm going to the shed. Time to bury the past.

Indication of triumph, the numbers that are dead
-- Slayer, 'War Ensemble'

When you talk to God, it's called prayer
When God talks to you, it's called schizophrenia.

#10 Sledgehammer

Sledgehammer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1353 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 05:54 AM

Then again, those at Eidos have made him murder "meanies", almost exclusively.

If you think about it, there are more 'good' (or rather, not necessarily evil) targets than who immediately comes to mind:
Dr. Kovacs (The Setup), Hayamoto Jr. (Tracking Hayamoto), Charlie Sidjan's twin (The Jacuzzi Job), some of the Afghani targets (Murder at the Bazaar/Motorcade Interception), Hannelore von Kamprad (Death of Hannelore), Klaas Teller (Rendezvous in Rotterdam), Albert Fournier (Hunted and Hunted), Joseph Clarence (Death of a Showman), Richard Delahunt and Alvaro d'Alvade (Curtains Down), Buddy Muldoon (Till Death Do Us Part) and finally the priest and Rick Henderson (Requiem).

Some of these are likely guilty, but there exists no proof in the game to their guilt, as far as I know.

On another note, I feel evil when doing missions like A New Life and Deadly Cargo.

#11 Choronzon

Choronzon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2444 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 02:15 AM

Sure, Sledgehammer, some targets were more "evil" than others - as you rightly point out, some were just in the wrong place at the wrong time - but they certainly all had blood on their hands, in one way or another.

#12 Sledgehammer

Sledgehammer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1353 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 02:34 AM

Sure, Sledgehammer, some targets were more "evil" than others - as you rightly point out, some were just in the wrong place at the wrong time - but they certainly all had blood on their hands, in one way or another.

I certainly agree that the opera guys are evil. But Klaas Teller and those two from Requiem?

#13 Choronzon

Choronzon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2444 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 07:45 AM

I certainly agree that the opera guys are evil. But Klaas Teller and those two from Requiem?

Wrong place at the wrong time, really. Henderson could make 47's identity known and Teller was just bad luck. Getting captured by the Dutch bikergang, getting electroshocked and accidentally "meeting" 47, thus ensuring his own demise.

#14 branco18

branco18

Henchman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 02:53 PM

I have seen today the movie Unthinkable. Samuel L. Jackson tortured a man to get informations about 3 Atom bombs that was set in 3 American cities. Samuel played his role so well that you hated him for what is he doing to that terrorist. But you realize that there is no other choice... Atom bomb will explode and it will kill thousands of people. It is same here. Some mafia prick kills for fun. Dealing drugs and selling it to kids. He has a good lawyers and a lot of money so it will get him out of everything clean. There is no law for this kind of people. In most cases law protects bad guy. What I wanted to say is, that there must be someone to put a stop to this kind of people.
Mr.47 is a perfect man for a job. No identity, no name. He simply dose not exist. If he is a good or bad? I donīt know If this is up to us to solve this. He is not a good guy when he kill innocent. But when he kills a criminal ? Why not ? There are moments that is much better to pull the trigger.

#15 AgentAlbino

AgentAlbino

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 271 posts

Posted 31 May 2010 - 03:43 PM

I don't think 47 is either good or bad. If he's like an animal then he'd be killing blindly for survival, but he doesn't. He kills mostly because he's paid to do so. If he was good, he'd go after bad people without the motivation of money. If he was bad he'd kill people without being ordered to first.

Cloning really doesn't have anything to do with 47s morality aside from bothering him personally, but as far as his ethics go it's more a result of his upbringing and the fact he was brainwashed from birth to be a perfect assassin. It's true 47 only seems to kill bad people. But that's more the choice of the organization he works for since they're the ones who pick his targets for him.

One hint of 47's moral choice is when he went to live at a church in Sicily of his own free will after the events of the first game to make up for his previous life but he couldn't really escape his assassin lifestyle since he ended up right back with the organization again.

It's hard to classify 47. But that's probably what the game developers intended.
Posted Image

#16 Choronzon

Choronzon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2444 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 01:43 AM

Yes, AgentAlbino, I think this is the charm of the series. 47 isn't your standard hero or antihero, he's too ambiguous. He's somehow always a pawn in somebody's grander nefarious scheme.

#17 Chubaka

Chubaka

Henchman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 05 June 2010 - 01:38 AM

I don't think anyone is qualified to say if he is good or bad, because morality is an extremely relative thing ;).

As mentioned in the trailers/lore, though, he is considered by most a "necessary evil". Personally I think that while he is a contract killer -- a profession considered by most for someone who is wholly detached from their humanity -- he still has some semblance of 'emotion', albeit limited and still narrow in scope. The only exception being his existential questioning at the beginning of Silent Assassin, wondering about why God would forgive him, and mentioning that he "is not of this world."

Edited by Chubaka, 05 June 2010 - 01:39 AM.

#18 Phillyphries

Phillyphries

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 06:54 PM

I'm sure that he started out evil and became in time a more good person. But still the man is still bad sometimes, but then again he can be a good person. He is a huge contridiction.

Posted Image

"I'll shove that bat up your ass and turn you into a popsicle."- Ajax

#19 1919BlessedMafia

1919BlessedMafia

Thug

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 09:32 PM

A question like this can also be asked about Leon. Is he really a good guy? I agree that they are both necessary evils, but just because killing is your job, doesn't mean you can't be a nice person. Don't bring your home life into your work and don't bring work into your home.

#20 Phillyphries

Phillyphries

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 12 June 2010 - 11:42 PM

A question like this can also be asked about Leon. Is he really a good guy? I agree that they are both necessary evils, but just because killing is your job, doesn't mean you can't be a nice person. Don't bring your home life into your work and don't bring work into your home.

Well think of it thi way, what if you brought your work in somebody else's home? Haven't you thought of the victim's pov?

Posted Image

"I'll shove that bat up your ass and turn you into a popsicle."- Ajax