#21 pat

pat

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 03:58 AM

Voice actor Lieing to us ????
i can't blive it .... it's Certain that they are Hiding some thing from us !!!
oh god ..... :S
Posted Image

#22 Jack 17

Jack 17

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 04:57 AM

That doesn't make sense, Bateson wouldn't go to all the trouble to shit us. From what we've seen in the years, both Square and IOI are massive faggots, so I'm not going to take their word on anything.

The way he spoke of Bruce Willis in the movie sequel, I'm guessing they've chosen him to be 47 in the film. Although it's not Bateson, Bruce Willis was pretty much Agent 47 in The Jackal anyway, which is what I wanted the original movie to be more like. Glad to hear this, Willis plays a good cold asshole.

I hope we see some of the artwork Bateson's referring to soon.

#23 Dick Justice

Dick Justice

I had a permanent, constipated grimace on my face

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3276 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 06:23 AM

Doubt Bateson would lie about the project. I'm guessing the devs just want it kept under wraps.

#24 themurder2k5

themurder2k5

Henchman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 175 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 07:30 AM

Great interview, Bateson seems like a really cool guy. He shoulda been given the opportunity to audition for the movie, I think he could've pulled it off. As for Hitman 5, I think 2011 will be the release year.
Posted Image

#25 Kanttori

Kanttori

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 463 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 07:31 AM

Also, note that Bateson did the voice overs some time ago.....sooo, technically he's not doing any projects with IO right now....so IO is not telling any lies. I have to agree that this silence and denial is really pissing me off at this stage. They better announce the friggin' game on Hitman anniversary day, next month....or I'll....errr....*cough*.....I'll err...nevermind. :)

#26 Choronzon

Choronzon

"He is Backstory, son of Exposition!"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2444 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 07:35 AM

While I understand that IO want to keep their new Hitman project a secret and reveal it at their own leisure (what's another year, right?) I don't understand what their PR strategy behind this all is... The Hitman rumor mill regarding this upcoming sequel and second movie must be good for business. People hear the name again and might pick up copies of the last 3 Hitman installments. So, financially, it is hardly detrimental.

Late next year (2011) the new game is scheduled "at the earliest", so when will IO officially announce it? 4 months prior to the actual release? :)

Edited by Choronzon, 25 October 2010 - 07:38 AM.

I'm going to the shed. Time to bury the past.

Indication of triumph, the numbers that are dead
-- Slayer, 'War Ensemble'

When you talk to God, it's called prayer
When God talks to you, it's called schizophrenia.

#27 sgg847

sgg847

Shadow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2152 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 07:44 AM

much ado about nothing

37635e701989.jpg

------ Never Surrender ------

Gamepad settings for PC

#28 music is math

music is math

Shadow

• Moderators
  • 2159 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 12:16 PM

While I understand that IO want to keep their new Hitman project a secret and reveal it at their own leisure (what's another year, right?) I don't understand what their PR strategy behind this all is

There is no strategy. They literally have nothing. It's clear to me that things are not right at IO and have not been for a long time now.

#29 Brimskull

Brimskull

Applier of ass kickings

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1075 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 05:01 PM

Voice work is usually one of the very last things developers do though. So if Bateson has done any work whatsoever, then they are more than likely very close to completion, if not done already.

That wouldn't really make sense, profitability wise, since they have had no chance at hyping the game up, or advertising it at all. I doubt it is near completion, as we would have gotten a few sneak peaks, and they would have had a stall at E3 etc.

I'm not saying it IS completed, but rather potentially in the VA stages...which is one of the last stages of making a game. So it may actually be nearer to completion than we think.

Regardless, it's all speculation. None of us know for sure.

Edited by Brimskull, 25 October 2010 - 05:02 PM.

I'm tired of this cowboy shit! Ya fuckin' "ho dunk, po dunk, well then there" motherFUCKERS!

#30 kamikaze1900666

kamikaze1900666

Henchman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 25 October 2010 - 06:54 PM

Reports have claimed that Hitman 5 will see deadly baldy Agent 47 "at a low point" and trying to build himself back up psychologically and physically to reclaim his mantle as the world's most feared assassin.

Now there's a fairly promising plot. Now I just ponder if the past few years have been spent in refining and taking care of the problems in gameplay.

Actually, thinking back to other comments, it makes sense for them to release other games than their proven franchise. The company needs revenue afterall. And if the time spent on this project has been to boost quality, titles other than Hitman are more likely to be used as learning experiences, regardless of reception.

#31 Choronzon

Choronzon

"He is Backstory, son of Exposition!"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2444 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 01:54 AM

Reports have claimed that Hitman 5 will see deadly baldy Agent 47 "at a low point" and trying to build himself back up psychologically and physically to reclaim his mantle as the world's most feared assassin.

Now there's a fairly promising plot. Now I just ponder if the past few years have been spent in refining and taking care of the problems in gameplay.

I don't know... Sounds awfully lot like the premise that kickstarted Silent Assassin's mainplot. ("deadly baldy Agent 47 is drawn out of retirement to reclaim his mantle as the world's most feared assassin".) A tired and tiring plotpoint if they decide to use that. Hopefully they'll come up with something more compelling.

Last time (see: Blood Money conclusion) had 47 hardly "at a low point" and in no need "to build himself back up psychologically and physically" and there's no need "to reclaim his mantle as the world's most feared assassin." since his identity wasn't compromised and he's pretty much the urban legend as he was in the past.

Besides, this whole story thing is nothing but speculation. IOI hasn't announced anything revelant about Hitman 5 besides that they "are not working on anything Hitman right now".

Edited by Choronzon, 26 October 2010 - 01:54 AM.

I'm going to the shed. Time to bury the past.

Indication of triumph, the numbers that are dead
-- Slayer, 'War Ensemble'

When you talk to God, it's called prayer
When God talks to you, it's called schizophrenia.

#32 kamikaze1900666

kamikaze1900666

Henchman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 02:20 PM

I said fairly promising. If done right, it would be entertaining, if done wrong, well we know how far a bad script can turn things. It doesn't have to be a total "sequel" either- both Ortmyer's lab and the wound after the opera were exacting trials, with months between them and the next part of the plot (we still don't know exactly when he became a church gardener, so that leaves a little play room). Further, the first mission of the game could be a set-up for such a plot. Remember many governments want him dead if they're not employing him (occasionally even if they are), so injury and time off could happen anytime.

Yes, lack of confirmation on anything doesn't mean this is where they're going. For all we know, he could just be cleaning up loose ends so he can retire, or go into business for himself. And there's also the possibility the project could be abandoned, since nobody's saying anything. But I'd like to keep my hopes up- still would like to see something along the lines of "this is my purpose, this is my destiny" as alluded to at the end of H2.

#33 music is math

music is math

Shadow

• Moderators
  • 2159 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 02:56 PM

I'm not saying it IS completed, but rather potentially in the VA stages...which is one of the last stages of making a game. So it may actually be nearer to completion than we think.

I hope no one here really thinks that IO is sitting on a near-completed Hitman 5 that they've managed to make into the best kept secret in all of video games. Game development doesn't work like that. If they had something they could take screenshots and gameplay videos of for promotional purposes, we'd already have seen them (and if not us, David Bateson of all people would have seen something more substantial than concept art). No publisher is just going to spring a new title in a successful series all of a sudden after having it developed in top-secret for 4 years. They build these things up in the gaming media over a fairly long period of time, which just happens to coincide with a game's development. I really think IO has lost a substantial number of employees over the last few years, for whatever reasons, whether internal problems or because of Square Enix, and has been developing K&L and its other "projects" with a modest development crew.

#34 Mistah47

Mistah47

Henchman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 03:14 PM

After seeing Duke Nukem: Forever come to the spotlight all of sudden at the last stages of the games developement, nothing is impossible. Heck I wished for that game for 10 years. About 4 times I was sure, this time they'll really release it. But they never did. Until a few months ago.

But nah. It's not the same with this. I wonder what they're thinking? Hitman was\is the most succesful game they've had, it still has a strong fan community and sales are probably good, why freeze it?

Well. When Nick posts news of it getting released by the next month, I'll be first to post "I trusted in you all the time!"

#35 music is math

music is math

Shadow

• Moderators
  • 2159 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 04:52 PM

After seeing Duke Nukem: Forever come to the spotlight all of sudden at the last stages of the games developement, nothing is impossible.

Only after the developer went belly-up and the game was sold to another studio. I certainly hope that doesn't happen with IO.

#36 Festus

Festus

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 707 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 06:19 PM

Actually, thinking back to other comments, it makes sense for them to release other games than their proven franchise. The company needs revenue afterall.

What?... You presume that they would make more money off K&L than they would a new Hitman game (their proven franchise)? I don't think that makes any sense.

Only after the developer went belly-up and the game was sold to another studio. I certainly hope that doesn't happen with IO.

Well, I certainly hope it DOES! Ha! I agree with you on most things, but I wish IO would lose/sell the Hitman franchise to another developer that actually gives a shit about it! They obviously do not! I believe if they lost Hitman tomorrow, that a another developer could put out a better Hitman game sooner than IO can.

#37 Death From Behind

Death From Behind

The Arrogant Australian Assassin.

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 416 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 06:58 PM

I have to say: Willis as 47 would be the best thing to ever happen with the Hitman Movie.

Now onto Enix stating that they arent doing anything with Bateson: BULLSHIT, there is no reason for him to go out of his way to bullshit us, Enix is trying to keep it all under wraps for some fucked up reason.

Probably because once they do announce it everyone will jizz and when the game comes out it will sell like Hotcakes made of blowjobs.

DFB Out.

#38 Phillyphries

Phillyphries

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 550 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 11:24 PM

Wait so he announced this twice? First time was on the homepage and now he announces it again, yet IoI Shoots down the rumour. WTF is going on here

Posted Image

"I'll shove that bat up your ass and turn you into a popsicle."- Ajax

#39 Jack 17

Jack 17

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 539 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 03:21 AM

Someone message Bateson and ask him what's going on with this controversy, why he's being denied any involvement by Enix when he's giving us hope. Fucking corporations.

#40 Riprie

Riprie

Vesparum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8456 posts

Posted 27 October 2010 - 03:32 AM

You didn't read the other article. Bateson didn't say exactly for who did he do the recording. Some assume that he might have been working with R*.