#41 Symbiote

Symbiote

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5360 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 10:10 AM

You can actually see that in one of the first screenshots:

Posted Image

I'm a shade concerned by this, if you can just stumble across weapons/explosives around groups of enemies surely that suggests more linear, straighforward level design.

Edited by Symbiote, 12 June 2011 - 10:13 AM.

#42 nlitement

nlitement

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 10:28 AM

Perhaps you can also unleash the cat upon the unsuspecting police officers?

#43 Camdean

Camdean

Fanny

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 311 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 10:32 AM

A bit like the first level of any game.
Posted Image

"Where does any man go for one last desperate roll of the dice"

#44 Kent

Kent

Freethinker

• Super Moderators
  • 7265 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 10:36 AM

I'm a shade concerned by this, if you can just stumble across weapons/explosives around groups of enemies surely that suggests more linear, straighforward level design.

It's perfectly logical that there be weapons and whatnot where a SWAT team has "set up camp", so I don't see any problem here.

Obviously there's gonna be spots that will look hard to stealth yourself through, while the same spots, by their very nature would be teasing you with the action option. That's more or less already in the previous games, just not as pronounced.

#45 Chrysander

Chrysander

Chest-High Walls

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 12 June 2011 - 10:47 AM

Yeah there were security rooms and weapons rooms before. Once again, ignore them if you want, go for silent assassin, or go nuts and be a psychopath, I love it

#46 Bronxsta

Bronxsta

Most Badass

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 05:24 PM

You can actually see that in one of the first screenshots:

Posted Image

This makes no sense. One does not confirm the other in any way, shape, or form.
Like another poster said, it is a SWAT team preparing to breach the building. Only logical they'd keep their gear close by.

You had my curiosity....

but now you have my attention

#47 Swartz

Swartz

Silent Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1679 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 06:55 PM

This makes no sense. One does not confirm the other in any way, shape, or form.
Like another poster said, it is a SWAT team preparing to breach the building. Only logical they'd keep their gear close by.

Yeah, I don't understand any concern over that particular screenshot. In fact that's the only screenshot I can think of that shows him disguised and hiding in plain sight.

The only thing that irks me is the presence of FN FAL's by the desk (I love the FAL, but I can't think of any SWAT teams that use that weapon; they tend to go for AR-15 type weapons), but that's just the gun-geek in me being too technical about something minor.
You know what? When you walk into a club and you see these fine suits and you say to yourself: I need to use the bathroom.

#48 Coflash

Coflash

Mercenary

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 13 June 2011 - 07:01 PM

Of course, with a building full of civilians, with the worlds most dangerous assassin running around... leave assault rifles on the floor. Completely logical, as you say. Forget wearing them, or keeping them in the weapons van. Why do they bring extra weapons again, instead of just extra magazines?

You know what they should do since they can leave things logically laying around? Replace the light globes with hand grenades, the light switches with semtex and door handles with desert eagles. Authenticity.

Edited by Coflash, 13 June 2011 - 07:02 PM.

One | Two | Three | Four

#49 Agent_88

Agent_88

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 361 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 07:47 AM

It's perfectly logical that there be weapons and whatnot where a SWAT team has "set up camp", so I don't see any problem here.

Obviously there's gonna be spots that will look hard to stealth yourself through, while the same spots, by their very nature would be teasing you with the action option. That's more or less already in the previous games, just not as pronounced.

so how to get a silent assassin rating while their is such spots in hitman absolution ? if we compare this to hitman blood money, there wasn't spots like this , coz if it was you will not get the silent assassin rating on that level

Edited by Agent_88, 14 June 2011 - 07:49 AM.

Posted Image

#50 sgg847

sgg847

Shadow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2152 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 08:01 AM

Hitman Conviction = Hitman Absolution > Hitman Conviction = Hitman Absolution > Execution

Edited by sgg847, 14 June 2011 - 08:04 AM.

37635e701989.jpg

------ Never Surrender ------

Gamepad settings for PC

#51 Burial Agent

Burial Agent

Silent Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1685 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 08:29 AM

Besides it doesn't matter if the guns are just laid there easily for you to pick up, because you might get your ass shot up by touching it. Unless you are dressed as a SWAT guy, in which case you may already have had access to the gun. I see no issue.

#52 Cerb

Cerb

Doc Scratch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19799 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 09:15 AM

You know, just once, I'd like to see someone with a legitimate complaint about an actual major deviation from the series in this game instead of just a bunch of whining about crap that was already in the games to start with.

Edited by Black Cerberus, 14 June 2011 - 09:16 AM.

"I outta fuck you in the ass and tell you your not good enough to fuck yourself yet." ~ Crain4

#53 Shaffy

Shaffy

Not of This World

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 09:21 AM

"I watched a press demo of the game twice, and played it once, only when I forced the situation did it become something more akin to a shooter. While Absolution still feels like a classic Hitman title, a game more about approach and planning then running and gunning, it also feels like a smarter one."

Pretty much disproves all the complaints.

http://kotaku.com/58...and-personality
Posted Image
'Names are for friends, so I don't need one.'

#54 abeg

abeg

Shadow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2486 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 12:25 PM

Blood Money have had similar stuff. The New Life. Go into the basement and their will be a nailgun there, and to your amazement theirs actually a guard with a walking pattern going down there :P. Sometimes it makes sense, in the above screenshot sequence it makes sense.

#55 nlitement

nlitement

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 14 June 2011 - 12:37 PM

Yeah, this is the part where a game is a game and real life is real life. :D Dumpsters conveniently near guards who guard important areas, all the accident possibilities, etc.

#56 Crain4

Crain4

Conversationalist

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 587 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 06:11 PM

Posted Image

IO have created a brand new engine called the Glacier 2 for the game.
Agent 47 is on the run, they showed off a level in a library.
There is instinct mode, which works similair to the detective mode in Arkham Asylum. It will replace the map screens from previous Hitman games.
With the instinct mode you monitor enemies trough walls, burning-red trails highlight the patrol route enemies are about to take, and the mode also highlight points of intrest (like climable ledges and vents). It can also be used to maximise your disguise.
The instinct mode can only be used for a short time, it is powered by a bar that refills when you do silent, stealthy takedowns.
Enemy patrol paths will now take organic and shorter paths, this is done so the player can anticipate when the AI is going to do something and not getting randomly caught.
The mini-map in the corner of the screen is going to stay, the will give the usual info like past games.
A new take on the threat meter: a grey circle appears in the centre of the screen, edges of which occasionally show where the player has been spotted.
You can make weapons that are built into the invironments and are unique to each setting.
The sneak animation has changed, Agent 47 will kill more gracefully.
Levels will now be divided into discrete checkpoints.
More focus on smaller sandboxes, because they want to control the pacing better and bring more variety to the gameplay.
Long-time series composer Jesper Kyd will not be returning. The duo Peter Peter and Peter Kyed will be doing it.
Longtime 47's voice actor David Bateson will not be returning.

ogawd, grow the fuck up please, your not doing anything special at all. Your a follower, not a preacher.

Edited by Crain4, 15 June 2011 - 06:11 PM.

HMF is awesome like a Power Rangers introduction, but sometimes it needs some Sesame Street like manners.

#57 Numbers

Numbers

Bigmouth Strikes Again

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4469 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 03:24 AM

Seriously, I've had it. You based all of this on an actionfilled trailer and some REVIEWS of a demo. Reviews are not objective, and trailers give the wrong impressions all the time. Remember how Hitman 2 was SUPERSTEALTHY? Look at the trailer:

So shut up, thank you and good day.

A dreaded sunny day.

#58 music is math

music is math

Shadow

• Moderators
  • 2159 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 07:47 AM

What part of that trailer is misleading or gives the wrong impression about the final game? Every single thing in it appears in the actual game.

#59 Shaffy

Shaffy

Not of This World

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 362 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 08:12 AM

What part of that trailer is misleading or gives the wrong impression about the final game? Every single thing in it appears in the actual game.

Yes, but what is shown the most is the action, just like the Absolution trailer showed action, so there is no reason to go crazy about the trailer showing action, as every trailer that has been before has shown the exact same thing
Posted Image
'Names are for friends, so I don't need one.'

#60 KingNL

KingNL

Thug

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 09:02 AM

Wow this is ridiculous, so many fanboys in here that refuse to see what the game has become