1018 replies to this topic

#1 your name my bullet

your name my bullet

Thug

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 09:56 AM

according to the latest issue of edge magazine he wont return the exact quote "more raddicaly still David Bateson, 47's long time voice artist - and, indeed also the basis of his character model - will NOT return.

i was slowly but surely starting to get annoyed at all the changes to the gameplay and everything but I was like its IO interactive for feck sake i have trust in them but NOW i just dont know what to expect of this game

#2 puoduh

puoduh

Thug

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 09:58 AM

Damn... That's sad..

#3 Chrysander

Chrysander

Chest-High Walls

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 760 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 10:00 AM

What is happen?

#4 Expert

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1864 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 10:04 AM

Not very surprising.
Et la Lumière fut

#5 pat

pat

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 10:04 AM

ok ...... someone just show us some scans or images.without bateson ..... !!! :blink:
Posted Image

#6 Swartz

Swartz

Silent Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1679 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 10:11 AM

I heard this on another forum too, but still haven't seen a scan or a more comprehensive quote.

If this indeed is true, then that's bullshit. I've always been loyal to this series and IOI, and have always bought every game. But, without David Bateson voice-acting, it's sorta a sell-out and makes me wonder why they were worried about Blood Money piracy...considering if this is true I would expect people aren't going to want to pay for it and will end up pirating it instead.
Smart move IOI...
You know what? When you walk into a club and you see these fine suits and you say to yourself: I need to use the bathroom.

#7 Expert

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1864 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 10:12 AM

The head change, the voice change. Logical.

Edited by Expert, 09 June 2011 - 10:20 AM.

Et la Lumière fut

#8 music is math

music is math

Shadow

• Moderators
  • 2159 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 10:13 AM

Wow. That's complete bullshit. I've been willing to accept or at least give a chance to the other changes they've made, but this is too much. I'm really starting to lose interest/faith in this game now. At least Splinter Cell Conviction kept Michael Ironside as Sam Fisher.

Edited by music is math, 09 June 2011 - 10:14 AM.

#9 Mistah47

Mistah47

Henchman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 10:13 AM

I knew it. IOI just thought "Let's try to keep this as a secret as long as possible so the sales won't go down so much"

#10 Expert

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1864 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 10:14 AM

It is not important.

Edited by Expert, 09 June 2011 - 10:15 AM.

Et la Lumière fut

#11 Acid Burn

Acid Burn

Owl

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 10:17 AM

If amp thought it was Bateson (in his review of the trip to IOI's HQ), I think there's nothing to be worried about.

I knew it. IOI just thought "Let's try to keep this as a secret as long as possible so the sales won't go down so much"

Yes, so they told it in the first interview :D

#12 AssassinAgent47

AssassinAgent47

Merces Letifer

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 10:17 AM

sigh

that sucks

#13 music is math

music is math

Shadow

• Moderators
  • 2159 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 10:25 AM

If amp thought it was Bateson (in his review of the trip to IOI's HQ), I think there's nothing to be worried about.

Yes, so they told it in the first interview :D

Amp didn't know for sure, since he wasn't paying that close attention to the voice acting. This article sounds like they verified it with IO that he's not coming back. And really, this isn't totally unexpected. They're probably going to get some B-list Hollywood actor to do the role like they did for Diana.

#14 sgg847

sgg847

Shadow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2152 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 10:26 AM

I also hope Jesper Kyd does not take part in this perversion...

37635e701989.jpg

------ Never Surrender ------

Gamepad settings for PC

#15 nlitement

nlitement

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 10:27 AM

Do they seriously think we fans are that f'n stupid we don't know who the voice actors are?!

Honestly, this is complete crap, especially if they get some lame ass American actor to do 47's voice. Bateson even without the whole "Bateson has always been 47 and 47 is modeled after him" deal is pretty much the perfect actor because he has a very neutral accent, as you would expect from 47 who was born in Romania and travels a lot.

#16 music is math

music is math

Shadow

• Moderators
  • 2159 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 10:28 AM

I also hope Jesper Kyd does not take part in this perversion...

I'm getting the feeling he's not. For one thing, he's busy with the yearly Assassin's Creed games.

#17 Mistah47

Mistah47

Henchman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 10:30 AM

Well we still have hope guys. I mean, maybe the journalist working for edge was deaf or something. Maybe he just assumed Bateson isn't the guy doing voice-over.

Funny thing is, there is a similiar thing going on in our country. There's this popular announcer who has been the voice of Finnish Ice hockey for 15 years, and now when the rights for Ice Hockey television rights change, he probably won't be the announcer anymore. Everyone who watches ice hockey but doesn't know much about it want him to stay, but those who do know a bit more about it don't care if he gets replaced or not. Basically It's the same in this. Most of the people won't buy the game if Bateson isn't doing the voice-over work, and few, who know there are lots of voice actors with similar low-pitched voices, don't think it matters the overall quality of the game.

Edited by Mistah47, 09 June 2011 - 10:31 AM.

#18 Expert

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1864 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 10:31 AM

music seems to have much changed.
Mixed between Star Wars and Batman.

Edited by Expert, 09 June 2011 - 10:32 AM.

Et la Lumière fut

#19 nlitement

nlitement

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 10:32 AM

Well we still have hope guys. I mean, maybe the journalist working for edge was deaf or something. Maybe he just assumed Bateson isn't the guy doing voice-over.

Funny thing is, there is a similiar thing going on in our country. There's this popular announcer who has been the voice of Finnish Ice hockey for 15 years, and now when the rights for Ice Hockey television rights change, he probably won't the announcer anymore. Everyone who watches ice hockey but doesn't know much about it want him to stay, but those who do know a bit more about it don't care if he gets replaced or not. Basically It's the same in this. Most of the people won't buy the game if Bateson isn't doing the voice-over work, and few, who know there are lots of voice actors with similar low-pitched voices, don't think it matters the overall quality of the game.

Well, at least Mertaranta had the honor of commentating during two Finnish gold championships.

#20 Coot

Coot

640509-040147

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1012 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 10:34 AM

No.. I don't believe it.. It's not possible..
"Now listen to the city. If anyone mentions the girl, you know what to do"