FIREPOWER23

Good guy forum member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 05:18 AM

We never asked for this...

:lol: Don't worry Brim, I got it.

Interesting news. Bit early to think too far ahead or get over-excited. Continuity between the games is all that concerns me at this stage, I'd hate to see Absolution release and then a year later have a new game with different graphics, physics, gameplay, voice artists etc. That would be a nightmare.

Edit: 47th Post! Woo-hoo! :D

Edited by FIREPOWER23, 22 November 2011 - 05:19 AM.

#62 Brimskull

Brimskull

Applier of ass kickings

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1075 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 05:26 AM

You never know if IOI/Square Enix give Bateson the job again, it happened for the voice actor in Max Payne after huge pressure from the fans... but I don't think so. If they just had changed the voice to something unique in a different way, but this voice is just so mainstream "bad ass" kind of.

Not to talk about the way they fired Bateson behind his back...

Even the casual fans hate it. A friend of mine told me the other day he had just seen the reveal trailer and he thought it was awesome. Then when I told him that the "cool danish guy who always does his voice" won't be voicing him again I just saw pure dread in his face. It's like I almost convinced him that the game would suck entirely. He has no idea who Bateson is, but he loves Hitman's voice.

Edited by Brimskull, 22 November 2011 - 05:27 AM.

I'm tired of this cowboy shit! Ya fuckin' "ho dunk, po dunk, well then there" motherFUCKERS!

#63 Johnny Drama

Johnny Drama

I need to use the bathroom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2690 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 05:39 AM

Yes i know, I said it earlier; even the casual gamers hate the voice.

Please don't do a "Call of Hitman" with this game. We love Hitman and can't generally not get enough of it. But a new Hitman every year? I hope not. Take your time (not 6 years though), and make some great Hitman games which are loyal to the story.

Always knew i didnt belong in this world. I wasnt

made for this. But Ill never forget - those who betrayed me, and

those who never failed my trust. Ill be carrying nothing from
Gontranno but this lesson: never trust anyone and rely on your

instincts. Forget the past. Ill never find peace here. So, Ill
seek justice for myself. Ill choose the truth I like.

- Agent 47, Silent Assassin

#64 Choronzon

Choronzon

"He is Backstory, son of Exposition!"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2444 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 05:53 AM

Hopefully this means we'll see an international agent 47 again, with his true voice (David Bateson). I'm not that fond of the post-"Silent Assassin" games, although they fixed many of ailments of the earlier titles. With two titles now being US-centric (Blood Money, Absolution), it is time to travel the globe again. This is the studio's chance to make a game for the "hardcore" crowd, the old fans of this series. This news has me genuinely excited. Here's hoping that there's more positive development and creative decisions regarding this Hitman 6 to follow.

Edited by Choronzon, 22 November 2011 - 05:55 AM.

I'm going to the shed. Time to bury the past.

Indication of triumph, the numbers that are dead
-- Slayer, 'War Ensemble'

When you talk to God, it's called prayer
When God talks to you, it's called schizophrenia.

#65 Nick@IO

Nick@IO

Professional

• Io-Interactive
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 06:03 AM

It would be good to know this before there's a sudden burst of speculation.

Eidos Montreal is staffing up. They are NOT working on anything Hitman related. Square Enix Montreal is a NEW studio. They are indeed working on a new Hitman title. Nobody is working on the same title. IO will still be doing Hitman games.
--------
Nick
The IOI Community Guy

#66 Choronzon

Choronzon

"He is Backstory, son of Exposition!"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2444 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 06:10 AM

Nevertheless, that's definitely good news no matter how you spin it. I'll be watching this cooperation closely. If Hitman 6 turns out to be more interesting, I'm skipping on Absolution altogether.

Edited by Choronzon, 22 November 2011 - 06:10 AM.

I'm going to the shed. Time to bury the past.

Indication of triumph, the numbers that are dead
-- Slayer, 'War Ensemble'

When you talk to God, it's called prayer
When God talks to you, it's called schizophrenia.

#67 JasonWalker

JasonWalker

Expert

• Square Enix Empoyee
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 06:34 AM

Nevertheless, that's definitely good news no matter how you spin it. I'll be watching this cooperation closely. If Hitman 6 turns out to be more interesting, I'm skipping on Absolution altogether.

You'll be missing out.. big time
My opinion is my own and not that of the company
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1255523/ <-thas me hehe
Twitter: @jaywalker2309

#68 Black glasses

Black glasses

Living legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1048 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 06:40 AM

SO many things happen in life you dont ask for.. :)

ah yeh, thankfully i am not involved in that side of things so can say i do agree with u when they change things that are `core` to the game etc.. the voice was one of them.. BUT lets wait and see how it goes and we hear the voices etc, you never know, just like anything new, you might like it :)

has it been confirmed as final voice? its very very common to use staff wandering around the office to do placeholder stuff until HQ audio is added :)

ahh d'oh.. well maybe they'll adjust things in post production? :)

Dudes, dudes DUDES! You're missing the most important thing here! Check the quotes I made. In them it's Jason Walker speaking! The guy who doesn't recognize hilarious Deus Ex: Human Revolution quotes! The guy who has worked on Deus Ex games (making him a total bad-ass). The guy who works for IO. At least that's what his group is. The guy who ends his post with a smilie. And he's hinting that Bateson might still be coming back... or at least someone else than Batman. So, there might still be another hope.

Also, a web-cam featuring Jay: http://www.jason-walker.com/webcam.asp
Right now he looks very serious. Let's see if we can make him laugh to cheer his day!
When you kill for money, there are no rules.

The Small fixes thread. IOI employees and Hitman developers, please take a look at the thread. At the moment there are about 80 small or smallish things that the fans would like to see improved. Many would improve gameplay and shouldn't be too difficult to fix before Absolution is released.
http://www.hitmanfor...s/#entry1462443

Posted Image

#69 JasonWalker

JasonWalker

Expert

• Square Enix Empoyee
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 06:46 AM

Dudes, dudes DUDES! You're missing the most important thing here! Check the quotes I made. In them it's Jason Walker speaking! The guy who doesn't recognize hilarious Deus Ex: Human Revolution quotes! The guy who has worked on Deus Ex games (making him a total bad-ass). The guy who works for IO. At least that's what his group is. The guy who ends his post with a smilie. And he's hinting that Bateson might still be coming back... or at least someone else than Batman. So, there might still be another hope.

Also, a web-cam featuring Jay: http://www.jason-walker.com/webcam.asp
Right now he looks very serious. Let's see if we can make him laugh to cheer his day!

I have my cam as my avatar ;) must make my posts look very funny at night when not here :)

in my defence bout the DXHR quote, it was actually `i didnt ask for this` not the `we didnt ask for this` as was written ;) Posted Image

dont forget Nick@IO is a LOT closer to the project then i am :) literally, since he works AT io (its kinda given away in his username) :)

#70 Johnny Drama

Johnny Drama

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2690 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 06:49 AM

Please Black glasses, don't be funny about the whole Bateson thing, we just have to live with it.. hate being disappointed anymore..

#71 Black glasses

Black glasses

Living legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1048 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 07:06 AM

I have to agree it's difficult to realize it's a Human Revolution quote unless you know the meme well and it's not even written correctly. Still, a funny quote that surprised me.

Now I will correct myself: he doesn't work for IO, but Eidos (he's in the group "Eidos employees"). Which was bought by Square Enix. Which is working on Hitman: Absolution. So I guess he has some connections to Hitman... Although he's in England while IO is in Denmark (?!?). Whatever, he wouldn't post those speculations unless he was onto something? Maybe he knows more than us? Well, obviously he knows more than us, but maybe he knows more than what Nick has told us about Bateson's situation? Or maybe it's just pointless speculation. Or he hasn't gotten PR training and he's hinting too much too soon? Who will stop him? Can even Nick make any sense to the situation?

And Johnny Drama, I will be funny regardless of the situation. Except if it's a funeral. And this isn't one.
When you kill for money, there are no rules.

The Small fixes thread. IOI employees and Hitman developers, please take a look at the thread. At the moment there are about 80 small or smallish things that the fans would like to see improved. Many would improve gameplay and shouldn't be too difficult to fix before Absolution is released.
http://www.hitmanfor...s/#entry1462443

Posted Image

#72 Johnny Drama

Johnny Drama

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2690 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 07:11 AM

It's almost as sad as a funeral ;)

But let's ask JasonWalker then;

Jason, do you know anything about the voice actor for 47? just give us some stupid cryptic answer to play with :)

#73 JasonWalker

JasonWalker

Expert

• Square Enix Empoyee
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 07:14 AM

It's almost as sad as a funeral ;)

But let's ask JasonWalker then;

Jason, do you know anything about the voice actor for 47? just give us some stupid cryptic answer to play with :)

To show i dont play mind games `often` i personally do not know anything more then you guys about the voice actor.. so i was genuinely asking if it had been confirmed or not :)

#74 Tim B.

Tim B.

Thug

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 07:45 AM

I have to agree it's difficult to realize it's a Human Revolution quote unless you know the meme well and it's not even written correctly. Still, a funny quote that surprised me.

Now I will correct myself: he doesn't work for IO, but Eidos (he's in the group "Eidos employees"). Which was bought by Square Enix. Which is working on Hitman: Absolution. So I guess he has some connections to Hitman... Although he's in England while IO is in Denmark (?!?). Whatever, he wouldn't post those speculations unless he was onto something? Maybe he knows more than us? Well, obviously he knows more than us, but maybe he knows more than what Nick has told us about Bateson's situation? Or maybe it's just pointless speculation. Or he hasn't gotten PR training and he's hinting too much too soon? Who will stop him? Can even Nick make any sense to the situation?

And Johnny Drama, I will be funny regardless of the situation. Except if it's a funeral. And this isn't one.

Nick surely knows most. But not as much as me. I know everything. more or less.

Edited by Tim B., 22 November 2011 - 07:46 AM.

#75 Coot

Coot

640509-040147

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1012 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 09:53 AM

Hitman Absolution hasn't even been released yet and Hitman 6 is already mentioned.
That's what I'm talking about!
But still, it makes me sad because of David Bateson's absense. :(
"Now listen to the city. If anyone mentions the girl, you know what to do"

#76 Vuvuzilla

Vuvuzilla

Survivor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 11:06 AM

http://www.gamasutra...ng_250_Jobs.php

Yep you read right.. New studio, new game, same name..

I Can't just let this news pass me by cuz' world feels excitingly hopeful! I'll be expecting debatable concepts & their worthy controversies, the e-impact, enigma, etc...
After all, it is Canada, Québec - Montreal.
: O ..ph34r t3h sk1llz !!

#77 Nitro

Nitro

American Gladiator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 11:58 AM

too bad we don't have any staff in North America in case they need somebody from the community to come over and check out the awesomeness ;)

This begs the question for me, what does it take and what does it mean exactly to be on staff? I ask because I do happen to live in North America (NYC, a cool 6 hr drive from Montreal) and I'm incredibly passionate about this game franchise.

Which, getting back on topic, of course means this is very interesting and exciting news. It obviously shows that there's an expectation (amongst industry insiders, analysts, etc.) that Absolution will sell well and that the franchise will continue to be a successful and lucrative one - great news. I'm not concerned about the 1-a-year COD style releases; the studio hasn't even been formed or hired employees yet, and also keep in mind how long Absolution was in development before it was even announced. There's no way Hitman 6 is coming out before 2014, imo. But in any case, I'm not going to start getting too riled up over 6 yet; what I would love now is more info on Absolution... in particular, conclusive proof that the multiple-approach, tackle obstacles in the way and order you please, sandbox-puzzle style of gameplay is alive and well in this sequel. How does this gameplay style which we all know and love gel with the new-fangled checkpoints and lack of satellite map? These are the questions that keep me searching for news on H:A every day, and the day that these questions are answered is going to be a really, really special one -- so why not make it tomorrow, eh?

Edited by Nitro, 22 November 2011 - 11:59 AM.

Nov 20, 2012: Agent 47 suddenly discovers a hole in his pocket. A black hole.
R.I.P. Physics (dawn of time - Nov 20, 2012)

#78 16-bit Irony

16-bit Irony

This is nothing to Puru about

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 406 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 12:57 PM

okay with all this Talk/speculation about voice actors and not knowing that what was confirmed may not be true, so should i have hope or just accept that the voice actors will be different?

It's a Gundam therefore its the enemy

#79 318838

Sharp Shooter

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 212 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 01:38 PM

This is a game that's not made yet, the studio that's meant to develop it does not even exist at the moment. It's the next game after Absolution (Hitman 6) we're talking about here - this is not some rival studio making their own Hitman game.

lol, really? Thanks for clearing that up watson.

My attempt at a joke in regards pre ordering the game. And i know its not some rival studio making a hitman game and not io. (just throwing some dlc ideas around)

Its good news though to hear developers,want to be part of the hitman awsomeness and make hitman 6 (theres money to be made) ;-)

By the way congrats on the super moderater title you deserve it.

qd69.jpg

#80 Watson

Watson

The Maltese Falcon

• Super Moderators
  • 4133 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 01:29 AM

Hopefully this means we'll see an international agent 47 again

I hope so too, America is a great place to set missions, but it's been used a fair bit in the Hitman games, it would certainly be good see see 47's international side return.

IO will still be doing Hitman games.

This is very good to hear, I was worried there for a moment that we may not see any more Hitman games from IOI. But it's a new opportunity for the franchise to have a Hitman game made by a different company, with some collaboration with IOI of course. It's going to be Square Enix Montreal's first game, so I'm eager to see what they will bring to the table. I find it rather remarkable that there's already a confirmed next installment in the Hitman franchise (Hitman 6) while Absolution isn't released yet. I assume that the Hitman project that the Montreal studio will be working on from next year onwards will be tied to this series and loyal to the work IOI has done with the games, hopefully not a complete re-boot.

I'm not going to start getting too riled up over 6 yet; what I would love now is more info on Absolution... in particular, conclusive proof that the multiple-approach, tackle obstacles in the way and order you please, sandbox-puzzle style of gameplay is alive and well in this sequel.

I believe IOI have indicated that the 'old school' style of gameplay is still alive and well in Absolution, we just haven't seen a lot of that since all we have gameplay-wise is a demo that's been built to show the new features.

My attempt at a joke in regards pre ordering the game. And i know its not some rival studio making a hitman game and not io. (just throwing some dlc ideas around)

haha, I see. Took you there seriously. :P
"Ah, nuts. I'm an actor."
– Humphrey Bogart

Posted Image
-Silent Assassin