86 replies to this topic

#61 Mr.Pink.

Mr.Pink.

I don't tip...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1740 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 11:57 AM

I doubt all that'll happen but it might help in figuring out her relation to Diana.

Whatever the case, I hope we'll not see very much of her. I mean something smells like she is going to play a large and active part of the story.

650b3b4ba484fb232d41d46e767d1dff-d5y1qaq

#62 Habit

Habit

Silent Killer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2215 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:03 PM

Whatever the case, I hope we'll not see very much of her. I mean something smells like she is going to play a large and active part of the story.

Yeah probably. Oh well. As long as 47 is in it and cold as ever, Then I'm satisfied. Like you were saying as long as he doesn't go soft I'm cool.
Silent Killer

#63 Cold Shadow

Cold Shadow

♣♦Straight Edge Saviour♥��

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12971 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:57 PM

Wow. That video is awesome and really hypes the game up nicely. I liked that they used old targets and real dates. Oh and was that 97% success rate for 47 or Diana?

I mean 47 didn't actually fail the Paris mission. It was thee agency failing to warn 47 of possible threats (Mark Parchezzi III) and if you want to get into more detail, 47 actually completed the mission by the end of the night after killing the inspector and then went on to kill Parchezzi and end the rival agency in BM. So if you want to look in detail, I don't think that 47 is less than a 100%.

But I can see how that may count as a small loss. Afterall, 47 should have been more careful (if you want to look from that angle). But then again, 47 still managed to win in the end and his targets were all eliminated so it falls back to the same argument that 47 is a 100% success hit.

Edited by Cold Shadow, 21 February 2012 - 12:58 PM.

Posted Image

#64 Sean Rubin

Sean Rubin

Shadow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2283 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 03:18 PM

Great video. Thank you so much, Nick. :D

#65 Aeseric

Aeseric

I NEED A GIRLFRIEND

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 951 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 05:56 PM

Anyone want to explain (in detail) the status differences between TETRA and GAMMA.

I'm more focused on greek prefixes from a mathematical perspective, not military espionage.
Posted Image

In this day and age, losing your wallet is more dramatic than losing your virginity.

#66 Festus

Festus

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 707 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 09:23 PM

Yes, thanks for the vid, Nick.

#67 Acid Jazz

Acid Jazz

Mindf**k

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 01:30 AM

Did I hear right, or did the narrator say "...possible liability to a central ICA initiative.." Posted Image What is that supposed to mean?

Edit: Nick@IO confirmed that it is ICA initiative, not CIA. Thanks, Nick!

EDIT: The File says that Diana was last seen on "W Quincy Street, Chicago, USA". Any coincidence to the ARG?

***wild theory alert***

EDIT 2: This might seem wild, but I was playing the video in slow-motion, and saw this info:

1. She was promoted to rank "GAMMA" in November 07, and later to "Conditional Tetra " on 13th June 2009.

Wasn't H:BM stated in the same time period? Maybe the "coup" Diana did(the hibernation syringe or something) was under the order of the ICA?

It says due to her father's death, her higher education grades were dropped. Maybe she finds out that it was the ICA who accepted a hit on her father?(No reason why, but this just came in my head.), and hence lands a "coup" on the ICA as revenge.

2. Doesn't the background look kinda like Russian(Moscow)(sgg you're on this one)?(at about 00:21)

3. The room Diana(or the lady) accesses into is the "Server Room 3". There, she deletes some/all data on some other person's machine(or maybe even hers). Maybe this is why "Gamma Rank Handler Benjamin Travis" instigates an investigation on her?

I know this sounds wild and possibly wrong. But any corrections and/or edits would be appreciated. Posted Image

Edited by Acid Jazz, 22 February 2012 - 02:11 AM.

-Acid Jazz

#68 Mr.Pink.

Mr.Pink.

I don't tip...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1740 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 01:33 AM

Did I hear right, or did the narrator say "...possible liability to a CIA initiative.." Posted Image What is that supposed to mean?

Agent Smith? Who knows?

#69 Nick@IO

Nick@IO

Professional

• Io-Interactive
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 425 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 01:35 AM

Wow. That video is awesome and really hypes the game up nicely. I liked that they used old targets and real dates. Oh and was that 97% success rate for 47 or Diana?

I mean 47 didn't actually fail the Paris mission. It was thee agency failing to warn 47 of possible threats (Mark Parchezzi III) and if you want to get into more detail, 47 actually completed the mission by the end of the night after killing the inspector and then went on to kill Parchezzi and end the rival agency in BM. So if you want to look in detail, I don't think that 47 is less than a 100%.

But I can see how that may count as a small loss. Afterall, 47 should have been more careful (if you want to look from that angle). But then again, 47 still managed to win in the end and his targets were all eliminated so it falls back to the same argument that 47 is a 100% success hit.

It's Diana's success rate. 47 doesn't fail unless he intends to, right?

Great video. Thank you so much, Nick. :D

You're welcome :)

Did I hear right, or did the narrator say "...possible liability to a CIA initiative.." Posted Image What is that supposed to mean?

ICA initiative.
--------
Nick
The IOI Community Guy

#70 Choronzon

Choronzon

"He is Backstory, son of Exposition!"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2444 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 03:15 AM

Did I hear right, or did the narrator say "...possible liability to a central ICA initiative.." Posted Image What is that supposed to mean?

Possibly a covert initiative ran by the higher-ups or board of directors within ICA, to reach a certain objective, which remains unspecified here. It's perfectly understandable that if Diana exposed said initiative that she's liable for termination, since it would expose far-reaching corruption or gross misconduct of power/resources for personal gain within ICA.

Typical spy/espionage stuff, really. But I'm pleasantly surprised that IO is finally exploring this angle deeper.

Edited by Choronzon, 22 February 2012 - 03:39 AM.

I'm going to the shed. Time to bury the past.

Indication of triumph, the numbers that are dead
-- Slayer, 'War Ensemble'

When you talk to God, it's called prayer
When God talks to you, it's called schizophrenia.

#71 Fleur

Fleur

Shadow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3518 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 03:52 AM

Awesome. The Absolution team really did their work being true to the story of the past four games.

Very interesting video with lot's of stuff for us to dig into.

Some people on YouTube don't understand why Diana has a 97 % success rate. Well, the moment she says it you see info on the Paris hit, which we all know went wrong (Contracts). So obviously that's why she does not have the perfect rating. In my opinion.

Also, Diana apparently got promoted after the events of Blood Money (2007, a year after). Which makes sense, since she saved both 47 and the ICA. A lot of fans could not understand why 47 suddenly has to kill Diana in Absolution, when she actually saved his ass back in Blood Money. Well she was promoted, so at least IOI did not forget about her deed. That's very good.

This just means that Diana had to really fuck things up in order to get on ICA's bad side again. Can't wait to find out what she did. I guess when the game is complete her actions against the Agency will somehow be justified. This "initiative" is probably something that would affect 47 in a really bad, maybe fatal way. And that's why Diana had to go against the ICA. And it probably all connects with that girl Victoria.

All in all, great video. Great job Nick and IOI, this is great stuff for the hardcore fans! Keep em' coming!

Edited by Fleur, 22 February 2012 - 03:54 AM.

#72 Mr.Pink.

Mr.Pink.

I don't tip...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1740 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 04:04 AM

Is it me or is the old diana voice actress narrating the life of Diana.

#73 Dev J Chand

Dev J Chand

Silent Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1337 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 08:20 AM

Not sure. It sounded synthesized.
Agreed though. This is a better trailer, storyline wise, as it actually details her character innovatively. A bit cliched, but still something fresh..

editingimages2.jpg

"I wondered how far could this go, before I could stop him. There was no way a imposter could remain that long in the gray darkness..."
*hears sudden movement, some weird sounds*
"Huh? Who was it?"
* hears some instruments in the distance, fading to the distant urban jungle*

#74 Frantz Fuchs

Frantz Fuchs

Xenophobe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1933 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 09:18 AM

Some people on YouTube don't understand why Diana has a 97 % success rate. Well, the moment she says it you see info on the Paris hit, which we all know went wrong (Contracts). So obviously that's why she does not have the perfect rating. In my opinion.

What? you mean Curtains Down where 47 was shot after the mission ended? explain please.

3h6vtiE.png

#75 Cold Shadow

Cold Shadow

♣♦Straight Edge Saviour♥��

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12971 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 11:06 AM

It's Diana's success rate. 47 doesn't fail unless he intends to, right?

Absolutely, thanks for everything Nick.

Posted Image

#76 Fleur

Fleur

Shadow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3518 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 01:05 PM

What? you mean Curtains Down where 47 was shot after the mission ended? explain please.

Yes exactly, that must have been partly Diana's mistake, not informing 47 well enough. This whole shooting scene in Paris was never really explained in any of the games though, so maybe I'm just jumping to conclusions. Who knows..?

#77 Johnny Drama

Johnny Drama

I need to use the bathroom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2686 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 01:19 PM

Ok ok!

I love this trailer. Nice nostalgi to the old games :)

Edited by Johnny Drama, 23 February 2012 - 03:38 PM.

Always knew i didnt belong in this world. I wasnt

made for this. But Ill never forget - those who betrayed me, and

those who never failed my trust. Ill be carrying nothing from
Gontranno but this lesson: never trust anyone and rely on your

instincts. Forget the past. Ill never find peace here. So, Ill
seek justice for myself. Ill choose the truth I like.

- Agent 47, Silent Assassin

#78 Fleur

Fleur

Shadow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3518 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 01:40 PM

Only if Nick was with IOI back in 2000, that's Fritz Fuchs from Traditions Of The Trade in Codename 47.

It doesn't look like him at all.

#79 DeadlyShadow47

DeadlyShadow47

Shadow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2245 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 01:53 PM

They don't even look similar
My Rig is ready for Hitman 6
--------------------------------------------
Intel® Core™ i5-3570k OC @ 4.2 GHz
Gigabyte GTX 760 OC 2GB GDDR5 rev 2.0
8GB DDR3 @ 1600 MHz

Also check out my Hitman Pro/SA/SO speedruns channel: http://www.youtube.com/DeadlyShadow47

#80 Watson

Watson

The Maltese Falcon

• Super Moderators
  • 4120 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 03:35 AM

This trailer about Diana is nothing short of fantastic, really. It gives us useful background about the character, although I'm certain we'll be learning a whole lot more about her. The design style of the trailer is appealing and it's also got some well placed nostalgia when we see reports about 47's previous hits. I was pleasantly surprised to see these references. The story of Absolution is looking very promising.

Nick looking like Fritz Fuchs...seriously? The only thing they appear to have in common is facial hair.

Edited by Watson, 23 February 2012 - 03:37 AM.

"Ah, nuts. I'm an actor."
– Humphrey Bogart

Posted Image
-Silent Assassin