Hitman AB VS AC Brotherhood (specifically)

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#1 Schiller aka Pmodgill

Schiller aka Pmodgill

Professional

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 04:38 AM

Well, now we have seen few rounds in Hitman Absolution i.e. Chinatown, Orphanage, RFYL etc.

I just finished playing AC Brotherhood last night, wich i bought around 1.5 years ago. Had a problem with my PS3 and had to install ACB again, wasnt like i wasnt interested in playing ACB.

Anyhow, The worst thing about Brotherhood is, its fucking LINEAR. Especially when you have to do any assassinations (Assassin Creed shud all be about assassination anyway), make no mistake, the game looks beautiful, its fun to play and kill gaurds with execution streaks etc, free-run the catacombs and the city, dangling on the hanging flower pots.

1) only one way to Kill your target (Using Weapons), Using Assassin Recruit (wich infact is a L2 button, hence a weapon).
2) No accidents what so ever

Even then this piece of Fanatasy Shitty Assassin has managed to sell 30 million for the reason that free-running, gaurd-killing is fun. thats IT. Plus story is good too.

But from what i have seen in Hitman Absolution, You can use guns to kill, hand-to-hand combat, poison drinks, fish, disguises. etc.

I mean whats the point of Assassin's Creed when you can't put on a freaking disguise when you want to.

Hitman Vs Assassin is basically a no contest really, Hitman wins by a fucking landslide. I have played Hitman Sniper Challenge as much as ACB. that tells something. REPLAYABILITY. And HSC is just one mission where u dont even move. lol.

I really enjoyed Assassin Creed 2 (Graphics, smooth FPS, great story), AC Brotherhood (Graphics, story). But to use a name Assassin in it is really shitty, this is like prince of persia, he doesn't even assassinate anyone without being frisked upon once. There is no cover-mechanism.

HITMAN IS THE WINNER

"At the next Hitman game coming, they tried a person in charge with passion and balls to rethink (Not me), but alas he was removed and K & L management has taken over. It does not bode well for IO and Hitman's future." -- Former IOI employee "Voodooman"

See User Scores Urself, don't be fooled by Graphics, 6.6 Average Rating. An utter failure and Death of a fantastic Franchise. RIP HITMAN FRANCHISE 2000-2006. LONG LIVE THE KING, THE KING IS DEAD

#2 Cold Shadow

Cold Shadow

♣♦Straight Edge Saviour♥��

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12978 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 04:50 AM

The thing is that AC takes place in a huge world while Hitman takes place in constrained levels, so they're uncomparable because Hitman can have way more detail in every area, since the console/pc wouldn't need to load all of Rome (in case of ACB), but a smaller, more detailed area like in Hitman.

AC is not about the kill. It's about the fun you have and if you are inventive, it's not linear at all. But don't get me wrong, the replay value is nowhere near Hitman and overall I agree that Hitman is the winner.

Posted Image

#3 abeg

abeg

Shadow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2486 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 04:57 AM

why compare these two?

#4 Riprie

Riprie

Vesparum

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8456 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 04:59 AM

Yeah, these are 2 totally different games.

#5 DeadPool

DeadPool

Rogue Agent

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 05:02 AM

Whatever people think, you can't compare the two, because AC is, in it's core, an action platformer. It barely has any stealth elements, besides the occasional boring if-you-get-caught-you-will-fail missions, which are more about platforming than anything else. The multiplayer is a different story, though.

Edited by Draugz, 04 June 2012 - 05:05 AM.

Posted Image

#6 Mr.Pink.

Mr.Pink.

I don't tip...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1740 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 05:09 AM

Well, I like Hitman Better, because the game knows what it is, AC just seems confused wether it's an RPG, stealth, action, parkour etc......

Hitman comes down to little complications, Stealth, Action, or a bit of both, but in AC, I kept playing because of the thrilling storyline, not the gameplay, which contrary to when I play the Hitman games.

650b3b4ba484fb232d41d46e767d1dff-d5y1qaq

#7 Quinn

Quinn

Shadow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3043 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 05:14 AM

Assassin's Creed 1 was a really fantastic game - Great atmosphere, nice little story and good kill mechanics. 2 was better, but it lacked the feel of the first. The two subtitled games that followed... Eh. It decended into annual installment territory and began to feel boring and stale. Not to mention, the present day Sci-Fi twist is getting more and more ridiculous with each new game.
Please check out my Hitman Absolution compositions -

http://www.hitmanfor...cored-by-quinn/

#8 Mr.Pink.

Mr.Pink.

I don't tip...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1740 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 05:16 AM

Assassin's Creed 1 was a really fantastic game - Great atmosphere, nice little story and good kill mechanics. 2 was better, but it lacked the feel of the first. The two subtitled games that followed... Eh. It decended into annual installment territory and began to feel boring and stale. Not to mention, the present day Sci-Fi twist is getting more and more ridiculous with each new game.

I really hate when I'm playing as Ezio or Altair (I only own the frst 2 games) and they cut to that lame ass Desmond guy.

#9 Watson

Watson

The Maltese Falcon

• Super Moderators
  • 4126 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 05:40 AM

We've got a thread comparing AC to Hitman I believe.
"Ah, nuts. I'm an actor."
– Humphrey Bogart

Posted Image
-Silent Assassin

#10 hitman_agent_47

hitman_agent_47

Henchman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 05:57 AM

Yes Hitman is the better assassin game, AC isn't even considered a stealth game, but I do enjoy the Assassin's creed games I own them and I also plan on buying the new one, they are awesome games, but if I could only get one game this holiday season it would be Absolution, Hitman is by far my favorite game series.
PSN ID: HITMAN2107

Posted Image

#11 Mr.Pink.

Mr.Pink.

I don't tip...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1740 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 06:10 AM

We've got a thread comparing AC to Hitman I believe.

Well....yeah.

Anyways, AC does not require the least bit of percision and skill to complete, as it is with Hitman, which actually has "Assassin" work, then going around rooftops killing innocent guards just doing their jobs.

#12 thedeadman_47

thedeadman_47

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 06:37 AM

I see why people do the Assassin vs Hitman coparesion butmainly because they both are centerlized about killing people in a professional manner (and because of the titles) but they have almost no sismilarties as AC talks about the orgnization/cult called the assassins and their presence through out human history and and how do they defend human freedom and their ever lasting conflict with the order of the knights templars who are all about controal and it really never was about assassintion itself or professional killing and that's why you even have sevral main characters, but the Hitman games were about you donning the role of a professional master assassin who killed for money/info/services and didn't kill because he was in conflict with anyone because they "oppose" so you kill "targets" not "enemeies" and even the "enemies" you kill was because they wanted to kill you not because they "opposed" you and the game took the concept of how to master the art of killing and most of the time depraved you from emotions towards your targets and gave you emotions for your kill and how you would feel about your work (as if the kill itself was like a painting or a symphony or any form of art and you were the artist) with the story there being a message from the devs saying "the concept of the game supports infinte missions but we got so damn tired!!!" and the main focus of the game was you as a player, as for gameplay Assassin's creed is a big open world sandbox game where you roam the world with parkour and do platforming and have swordfights, where Hitman consists of small levels each a small open world in it's own terms with little (if you call jumping across balconies platforming) to no platforming with gameplay depending on freedom of choice where it's stealth vs guns blazing styles with more encouregment for stealth, so you can't really compare between them because each one offers a different experience and each are very good at what they offer.

#13 thedeadman_47

thedeadman_47

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 06:37 AM

I see why people do the Assassin vs Hitman coparesion butmainly because they both are centerlized about killing people in a professional manner (and because of the titles) but they have almost no sismilarties as AC talks about the orgnization/cult called the assassins and their presence through out human history and and how do they defend human freedom and their ever lasting conflict with the order of the knights templars who are all about controal and it really never was about assassintion itself or professional killing and that's why you even have sevral main characters, but the Hitman games were about you donning the role of a professional master assassin who killed for money/info/services and didn't kill because he was in conflict with anyone because they "oppose" so you kill "targets" not "enemeies" and even the "enemies" you kill was because they wanted to kill you not because they "opposed" you and the game took the concept of how to master the art of killing and most of the time depraved you from emotions towards your targets and gave you emotions for your kill and how you would feel about your work (as if the kill itself was like a painting or a symphony or any form of art and you were the artist) with the story there being a message from the devs saying "the concept of the game supports infinte missions but we got so damn tired!!!" and the main focus of the game was you as a player, as for gameplay Assassin's creed is a big open world sandbox game where you roam the world with parkour and do platforming and have swordfights, where Hitman consists of small levels each a small open world in it's own terms with little (if you call jumping across balconies platforming) to no platforming with gameplay depending on freedom of choice where it's stealth vs guns blazing styles with more encouregment for stealth, so you can't really compare between them because each one offers a different experience and each are very good at what they offer.

#14 Johnny Drama

Johnny Drama

I need to use the bathroom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2687 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 07:01 AM

I don't get why AC is so popular as it is. So many people talks about it, so many references in the media and "fun jokes/memes" on the net about it. Wait and see. But in few years it's all HITMAN they are scetching and talking about.

Edited by Johnny Drama, 04 June 2012 - 07:02 AM.

Always knew i didnt belong in this world. I wasnt

made for this. But Ill never forget - those who betrayed me, and

those who never failed my trust. Ill be carrying nothing from
Gontranno but this lesson: never trust anyone and rely on your

instincts. Forget the past. Ill never find peace here. So, Ill
seek justice for myself. Ill choose the truth I like.

- Agent 47, Silent Assassin

#15 Codename32

Codename32

Thug

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 07:06 AM

This thread is pointless... two completely different games that I both love.

These and incomparable, nothing similar about them.
The real Hitman (1 - 4) is dead...

#16 Hapless Guard

Hapless Guard

Thug

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 07:12 AM

I don't get why AC is so popular as it is. So many people talks about it, so many references in the media and "fun jokes/memes" on the net about it.

Probably because it's got some nifty free-running mechanics (although they were a bit shaky in I, it was improved in the succeeding instalments) and some nice environments (often places not well-covered by other games; such as the Holy Land during the Crusades and Renaissance Italy), satisfying gameplay and a nice OST (by Jesper Kyd, so that's a given). I'd say something about the plot, but it's different strokes for different folks in that area; captivating, or messy?

I do think, however, that the biggest factor is time. The last Hitman instalment was 6 years ago. AC has had numerous ones in the interim, so of course it's at the forefront of the gaming media (and indeed, consumers) minds.

And I enjoy both series. They're enjoyable in their own rights...and not very comparable, if you ask me.

Edited by Hapless Guard, 04 June 2012 - 07:12 AM.

Posted Image

#17 Mr.Pink.

Mr.Pink.

I don't tip...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1740 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 07:18 AM

AC is unprofessional, you never have to frustratingly use your brain to finish a mission, I mean, no matter what way you kill your target, it's still not as rewarding as Hitman, where you aquire a new weapon, get a raise, extra gadgets, in AC the pay was the same, and the only thing you had to do is kill your target, get this to this guy, outrun that guy, beat this guy, nothing assassiny about it, but, though brainless, it had a compelling story and it was very cinematic, something Hitman had some weakpoint in.

When you killed someone in Hitman (target), he just died and sometimes tense music would play, but that is the beauty of it, murder is just another day at work for 47. That's my opinion though.

#18 Johnny Drama

Johnny Drama

I need to use the bathroom

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2687 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 07:28 AM

Probably because it's got some nifty free-running mechanics (although they were a bit shaky in I, it was improved in the succeeding instalments) and some nice environments (often places not well-covered by other games; such as the Holy Land during the Crusades and Renaissance Italy), satisfying gameplay and a nice OST (by Jesper Kyd, so that's a given). I'd say something about the plot, but it's different strokes for different folks in that area; captivating, or messy?

I do think, however, that the biggest factor is time. The last Hitman instalment was 6 years ago. AC has had numerous ones in the interim, so of course it's at the forefront of the gaming media (and indeed, consumers) minds.

And I enjoy both series. They're enjoyable in their own rights...and not very comparable, if you ask me.

The time is defiently the reason. 6 years is much, and that's why all the young noobs don't know Hitman yet. Can't describe how much I hate when I see a youtube comment from a kid saying the Hitman franchise is a AC ripoff! haha. Some of those kids was not even born when the first game came out. So wait and see, all of those people will jump on the Hitman boat soon.

Edited by Johnny Drama, 04 June 2012 - 07:32 AM.

Always knew i didnt belong in this world. I wasnt

made for this. But Ill never forget - those who betrayed me, and

those who never failed my trust. Ill be carrying nothing from
Gontranno but this lesson: never trust anyone and rely on your

instincts. Forget the past. Ill never find peace here. So, Ill
seek justice for myself. Ill choose the truth I like.

- Agent 47, Silent Assassin

#19 thedeadman_47

thedeadman_47

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 08:02 AM

AC is unprofessional, you never have to frustratingly use your brain to finish a mission, I mean, no matter what way you kill your target, it's still not as rewarding as Hitman, where you aquire a new weapon, get a raise, extra gadgets, in AC the pay was the same, and the only thing you had to do is kill your target, get this to this guy, outrun that guy, beat this guy, nothing assassiny about it, but, though brainless, it had a compelling story and it was very cinematic, something Hitman had some weakpoint in.

When you killed someone in Hitman (target), he just died and sometimes tense music would play, but that is the beauty of it, murder is just another day at work for 47. That's my opinion though.

exactly and as I said AC is not about being an assassin but about being in the order of the assassins and I think with Absolution we'll get a much better story and it will no longer be a weakness

#20 Cold Shadow

Cold Shadow

♣♦Straight Edge Saviour♥��

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12978 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 12:49 PM

^True, Absolution does seem to fix some serious issues from the previous games. If it would turn out like that, then it may also be Game Of The Year because some of the things I am reading about it are actually incredible. AC3 has to work way harder this time in order to keep that "assassin" title because 47 is on his way. :P

Posted Image