#1 [Agent_47]

[Agent_47]

47^

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 05:15 AM

Posted Image

Following the events at this years E3, Hitman Absolution makes the front cover of Julys Edition of the Sony Official Playstation Magazine in the UK

Also it has a 10 page review (including an interview with Tore Blystad) of what was seen at E3, I bought the magazine yesterday, definately the best review ive read so far of the King of Chinatown & Hope missions, Also relates back to the series.

Definately worth a buy! not sure if its for UK only though

Edited by [Agent_47], 14 June 2012 - 05:16 AM.

I'm going to my shed. Time to dig out the past.

#2 KITSPWNZ

KITSPWNZ

The Original Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 06:13 AM

Posted Image Posted Image

Edited by KITSPWNZ, 14 June 2012 - 10:48 AM.

#3 Choronzon

Choronzon

"He is Backstory, son of Exposition!"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2444 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 06:15 AM

So what's the big deal with the magazines? Absolution is a multi-platform release through a multi-national publisher, ergo the appearance of the game on all big gaming rags. This isn't somehow special or out of the ordinary. :blink:
I'm going to the shed. Time to bury the past.

Indication of triumph, the numbers that are dead
-- Slayer, 'War Ensemble'

When you talk to God, it's called prayer
When God talks to you, it's called schizophrenia.

#4 DeadlyShadow47

DeadlyShadow47

Shadow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2247 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 07:14 AM

What's with unnaturally bright blu eyes?? I liked the old Hitman artworks where you couldn't see 47's eyes because of the darkness/shadows.

Edited by DeadlyShadow47, 14 June 2012 - 07:15 AM.

My Rig is ready for Hitman 6
--------------------------------------------
Intel® Core™ i5-3570k OC @ 4.2 GHz
Gigabyte GTX 760 OC 2GB GDDR5 rev 2.0
8GB DDR3 @ 1600 MHz

Also check out my Hitman Pro/SA/SO speedruns channel: http://www.youtube.com/DeadlyShadow47

#5 Hockeyplay95

Hockeyplay95

Thug

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 08:28 AM

Can someone maybe scan these articles so we can read them?

#6 Sir Joe

Sir Joe

The 2000 IQ Killjoy Detevtive

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 555 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 09:07 AM

47s eyes are scaring me :(

The results are as expected. Your movement were all in accordance with my assumptions.

#7 [Agent_47]

[Agent_47]

47^

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 09:08 AM

So what's the big deal with the magazines? Absolution is a multi-platform release through a multi-national publisher, ergo the appearance of the game on all big gaming rags. This isn't somehow special or out of the ordinary. :blink:

Firstly I apologise, the title of the thread is mis-leading, the idea behind the post wasnt to state that it made a front cover, but to let people know that the magazine offers a detailed review about E3 and the levels demo'd and in my own opinion one of the most detailed and best written reviews I have seen so far, I was just stating the fact that the magazine was out there for people to buy and read

Thats all :)

#8 Katie

Katie

Henchman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 09:12 AM

Excellent! Making the cover is still a big deal and it's nice exposure.

#9 Wolf89

Wolf89

Mr. Swing King

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 09:24 AM

Awesome. Any way to scan the parts they talk about the game? Since i'm from another country i won't be able to get this one, like other people here. So it would be nice. :)

#10 Jootboo

Jootboo

Bilious Jacobean Ruff

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2610 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 09:28 AM

What's with unnaturally bright blu eyes?? I liked the old Hitman artworks where you couldn't see 47's eyes because of the darkness/shadows.

cos now his eyes have been opened to the world and the conspiracies obv!

#11 [Agent_47]

[Agent_47]

47^

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 09:33 AM

Awesome. Any way to scan the parts they talk about the game? Since i'm from another country i won't be able to get this one, like other people here. So it would be nice. :)

Ill try and scan them in at work tomorrow then get the links posted so you guys can have a read :)

#12 DeadlyShadow47

DeadlyShadow47

Shadow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2247 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 10:11 AM

cos now his eyes have been opened to the world and the conspiracies obv!

lol
My Rig is ready for Hitman 6
--------------------------------------------
Intel® Core™ i5-3570k OC @ 4.2 GHz
Gigabyte GTX 760 OC 2GB GDDR5 rev 2.0
8GB DDR3 @ 1600 MHz

Also check out my Hitman Pro/SA/SO speedruns channel: http://www.youtube.com/DeadlyShadow47

#13 Watson

Watson

The Maltese Falcon

• Super Moderators
  • 4126 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 10:15 AM

Posted Image

Agent 47 - cyborg??

Ill try and scan them in at work tomorrow then get the links posted so you guys can have a read :)

It's fine to post them in here, and I'll put them in the front page of the gallery so people can easily access them :)
"Ah, nuts. I'm an actor."
– Humphrey Bogart

Posted Image
-Silent Assassin

#14 Cold Shadow

Cold Shadow

♣♦Straight Edge Saviour♥��

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12978 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 11:27 AM

Appearing in a magazine is not a big deal or out of the ordinary, but being on the front cover of more than 1 is quite a deal. Why? Exposure and more publicity because the front cover is the first thing people will see.

Posted Image

#15 Quinn

Quinn

Shadow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3041 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 03:03 PM

Just in case you hadn't noticed, this is the Hitman Absolution subforum. Hence the reason for the covers, and the fact there's 10 page articles in there.
Please check out my Hitman Absolution compositions -

http://www.hitmanfor...cored-by-quinn/

#16 Choronzon

Choronzon

"He is Backstory, son of Exposition!"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2444 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 04:51 AM

Just in case you hadn't noticed, this is the Hitman Absolution subforum. Hence the reason for the covers, and the fact there's 10 page articles in there.

I do realize that and that wasn't even my point. The point is that these magazine cover stories are nothing special. Everyone with two brain cells to rub together knows that. A big enough publisher has enough financial resources to push their product through the required big channels (including magazines). This is not because the product in question is special or "kick ass" -- but because a guy in a suit paid somebody else a considerable sum of money to put their product in the spotlight. Deluding yourself into thinking otherwise is just... well, let's say it's not the smartest thing to do.

Appearing in a magazine is not a big deal or out of the ordinary, but being on the front cover of more than 1 is quite a deal. Why? Exposure and more publicity because the front cover is the first thing people will see.

One pays for advertisement space (full spread, cover story, etc) = one gets the reserved/ordered space.

There is nothing inherently "special" about the practice. Considering that magazines like that are/could be considered obsolete in today's digital world, makes even the more obvious. The product on the cover isn't even important, somebody paid money for the space, somebody else agreed to cash in said sum of money, now the product in question in the front cover. You do realize that these mags get paid hefty sums by developers and publishers alike to feature their products and run "stories" about them, right? Don't even believe that these magazines are somehow "objective" with what and whom they run stories and "news" on -- or that Hitman is somehow special because it got a cover story. It's one market feeding the other -- and this is the oldest business practice at that.

Edited by Choronzon, 15 June 2012 - 04:55 AM.

I'm going to the shed. Time to bury the past.

Indication of triumph, the numbers that are dead
-- Slayer, 'War Ensemble'

When you talk to God, it's called prayer
When God talks to you, it's called schizophrenia.

#17 Nitro

Nitro

American Gladiator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 620 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 06:29 AM

I do realize that and that wasn't even my point. The point is that these magazine cover stories are nothing special. Everyone with two brain cells to rub together knows that. A big enough publisher has enough financial resources to push their product through the required big channels (including magazines). This is not because the product in question is special or "kick ass" -- but because a guy in a suit paid somebody else a considerable sum of money to put their product in the spotlight. Deluding yourself into thinking otherwise is just... well, let's say it's not the smartest thing to do.

One pays for advertisement space (full spread, cover story, etc) = one gets the reserved/ordered space.

There is nothing inherently "special" about the practice. Considering that magazines like that are/could be considered obsolete in today's digital world, makes even the more obvious. The product on the cover isn't even important, somebody paid money for the space, somebody else agreed to cash in said sum of money, now the product in question in the front cover. You do realize that these mags get paid hefty sums by developers and publishers alike to feature their products and run "stories" about them, right? Don't even believe that these magazines are somehow "objective" with what and whom they run stories and "news" on -- or that Hitman is somehow special because it got a cover story. It's one market feeding the other -- and this is the oldest business practice at that.

Extreme cynicism aside, you're missing the point Quinn made and that of the OP, which is this: if you're interested in reading a detailed, 10-pg, cover-story article on this game called Hitman Absolution (which presumably you might be, since you are in a Hitman Absolution discussion room), there's a magazine with a brand new just-that.
Nov 20, 2012: Agent 47 suddenly discovers a hole in his pocket. A black hole.
R.I.P. Physics (dawn of time - Nov 20, 2012)

#18 Names are for friends

Names are for friends

... so I don't need one

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 07:01 AM

why does his face seem pushed down to the bottom half of the front of his head? and the eyes, so big and bright and blue. I dont like this drawing of 47, doesn't really look like him, the best artwork of him is the portrait with the black background and the blood on the end of his sleeve.

#19 Creaky

Creaky

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 07:05 AM

why does his face seem pushed down to the bottom half of the front of his head? and the eyes, so big and bright and blue. I dont like this drawing of 47, doesn't really look like him, the best artwork of him is the portrait with the black background and the blood on the end of his sleeve.

I don't likeit either. Some combination of the lighting, the hypno-eyes or the new face just doesn't seem to work. It's like a crossbreed between 47's robot corpse and his facebook photo.

#20 Cold Shadow

Cold Shadow

♣♦Straight Edge Saviour♥��

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12978 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 08:02 AM

But the fact is that at the end of the day, whether you paid to be on the cover or not, you are still getting the exposure. It's about marketing and being on the front cover will be the first thing that people notice. So there's a higher chance to get people interested in the game. Oh and I know it may be old business, but it is still effective and a good marketing campaign implies the use of both old and new "tricks". ;)

Edited by Cold Shadow, 15 June 2012 - 08:08 AM.

Posted Image