47- "The World's Greatest Assassin" question?

• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

#1 superking1

superking1

Thug

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 09:30 PM

in the Hitman storyline Agent 47 is consistently recognized as the the world's deadliest, most discrete and skilled assassin.

but isn't that subjective.. to say 47 is the world's greatest assassin, its not like it can be proven.. its all a subjective opinion

so who labels him being the best, the other assassins in the field, ICA etc.

#2 Friedmann Kaiser

Friedmann Kaiser

Walking Dead Fanatic

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 784 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 09:34 PM

Imagination a Spartan (seen in the movie 300 and in history) they were born to fight making them the best at it. 47 was cloned to kill. That's all he has ever known and was bred for it. Making him the best at it.

FriedmannKaiser.png

#3 music is math

music is math

Shadow

• Moderators
  • 2159 posts

Posted 21 September 2012 - 10:03 PM

This is an amazing insight. Hopefully one of the IO devs who reads this forum will pass it on to the marketing department so they can stop referring to Agent 47 as the world's deadliest, greatest, most awesome, etc. assassin.

His new tagline will be "a pretty good assassin".

#4 daniel.ben-noon

daniel.ben-noon

G2 Designer

• Io-Interactive
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 01:18 AM

it is in many danes mentallity to be understated- so a lottery winner would express his joy by saying something along the lines of "yeah, it could have been worse".

a very cool example i think is carlberg's sign next to townhall square in central copenhagen - "carlsberg - probably the best beer in town"

Posted Image

my foreign friends usually get a chuckle from that, especially americans and similar minded who are daily bombarded about how all products is the best thing since sliced bread.

/daniel

~ technical designer on g2

#5 Frantz Fuchs

Frantz Fuchs

Xenophobe

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1943 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 01:22 AM

No, it's not subjective. He is the greatest assassin, no other assassin has got a better track record than him. Even 'The Franchise' and the FBI admit it. Dr. Ortmeyer supposedly made superior assassin clones than 47, and 47 still wiped them all out. There is no comparison of his might.

Edited by Frantz Fuchs, 22 September 2012 - 01:24 AM.

you got a problem with me Frantz fuchs

#6 DeadPool

DeadPool

Rogue Agent

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 01:38 AM

in the Hitman storyline Agent 47 is consistently recognized as the the world's deadliest, most discrete and skilled assassin.

but isn't that subjective.. to say 47 is the world's greatest assassin, its not like it can be proven.. its all a subjective opinion

so who labels him being the best, the other assassins in the field, ICA etc.

If you recall back to A Dance with the Devil from Hitman: Blood Money, 47 had a shootout in a soundproofed room with one John Maynard, another of the world's best assassins. Maynard wanted to prove that he was the number one assassin. However, of course 47 shot him dead and thus 47 was officially the best assassin in the world - after all, his DNA is combined of 5 of the greatest evil masterminds alive + augmented beyond that. He even killed all of Ort-Meyers "superior" clones because he had free will. Nobody has his track record, and he is probably the only one who can complete a mission completely unseen.
Posted Image

#7 Lewisnic1

Lewisnic1

The Original Assassin!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2015 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 02:22 AM

Of course 47 is the World's Greatest Assassin, he has never left a trail of Evidence to prove that he even exists. If 47 sometimes gets caught on camera he always manages to cover his tracks and even steal the camera evidence. Even in Blood Money 47 is referred to as an urban Legend. Some Assassin's Creed fans say Ezio is the Greatest Assassin( :lol:) but he can really be when he's Dead ;)

Nobody we ever match 47 as he is literally THE WORLD'S GREATEST ASSASSIN!

Hitman_sig_2.png

#8 Minraws The Assassin

Minraws The Assassin

The Original Assassin.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 03:01 AM

This is an amazing insight. Hopefully one of the IO devs who reads this forum will pass it on to the marketing department so they can stop referring to Agent 47 as the world's deadliest, greatest, most awesome, etc. assassin.

'a pretty good assassin' thats it <_< ? @music is Math you r referring 47 here not any other assassin. 47 IS the BEST ASSASSIN. :D

Edited by Minraws, 22 September 2012 - 03:48 AM.

CENA SUCKS...CENA SUCKS...CENA SUCKS...CENA SUCKS

BTW Please Like My "Hitman Fans" Facebook Page Guys...

https://www.facebook...itmanfansnation

#9 Professor Snake

Professor Snake

Private Infiltrator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 03:17 AM

IO has created an alternate version of reality, a fictional world which bears quite a lot of similarities to the real world. Only in the Hitman universe, 47 is the world's greatest assassin when judged by the real world's standards. In the same way, i could write a fiction novel about a turtle that moves at the speed of light and call it the fastest creature ever.

Edited by Professor Snake, 22 September 2012 - 03:35 AM.

RIP Aeseric.
Eggs.

#10 skrzynka

skrzynka

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 282 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 03:32 AM

IO has created an alternate version of reality, a fictional world which bears quite a lot of similarities to the real world. Only in the Hitman universe, 47 is the world's greatest assassin. In the same way, i could write a fiction novel about a turtle that moves at the speed of light and call it the fastest creature ever.

well put, I think this dispels any doubts

and of course 47 is the best assassin in fictional or real world or whatever :P

Edited by skrzynka, 22 September 2012 - 03:36 AM.

#11 Sledgehammer

Sledgehammer

Allan, please add details

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1353 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 04:58 AM

No no, for Absolution, it will be "the greatest assasssin in the Chicago and South Dakota area."

#12 Cold Shadow

Cold Shadow

♣♦Straight Edge Saviour♥��

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12979 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 06:19 AM

I think the reason why 47 is the best assassin in the world not only because his actions speak way louder than his words but because of his identity.

He was created and not really born. He was trained all his life to be like that. He looks like a normal human but his history proves otherwise. I mean, he was born from 5 DNA's of the world's best killers with Ortmeyer's secret recepie for the PERFECT assassin. I guess you can call him the best Assassin because of his background and because of what he has done.

The man literally took it against the russian mafia (killed some mobs), the Italian mafia, the vice president of the USA in the white house, some of the world's best killers and his own brothers who were supposedly better than him. Yeah and he lived to tell it. B)

Posted Image

#13 Creaky

Creaky

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 07:30 AM

"Agent 47 is the world's greatest assassin. Possibly."

Doesn't have quite the same ring to it, does it? :lol:

#14 Professor Snake

Professor Snake

Private Infiltrator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 08:51 AM

I think the reason why 47 is the best assassin in the world not only because his actions speak way louder than his words but because of his identity.

He was created and not really born. He was trained all his life to be like that. He looks like a normal human but his history proves otherwise. I mean, he was born from 5 DNA's of the world's best killers with Ortmeyer's secret recepie for the PERFECT assassin. I guess you can call him the best Assassin because of his background and because of what he has done.

The man literally took it against the russian mafia (killed some mobs), the Italian mafia, the vice president of the USA in the white house, some of the world's best killers and his own brothers who were supposedly better than him. Yeah and he lived to tell it. B)

In short, 47 has assassinated everyone he needed to assassinate. If that doesn't make him the perfect killer and the ultimate assassin i don't know what would.

RIP Aeseric.
Eggs.

#15 scourged

scourged

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1578 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 09:16 AM

In short, 47 has assassinated everyone he needed to assassinate. If that doesn't make him the perfect killer and the ultimate assassin i don't know what would.

Didn't he have 97% assassination succes rate?

Edited by scourged, 22 September 2012 - 09:16 AM.

War of the Vikings alpha: http://signup.waroft...om/r/nvirqewfs1

Sequel to War of the Roses :)

#16 Quinn

Quinn

Shadow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3046 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 09:22 AM

47 has assassinated a Vice President in the White House, 3 high ranking Russian generals, 3 notorious terrorist brothers, a state's witness at his own home while surrounded by FBI bodyguards, several police chiefs, several leaders of various crime syndicates and multiple assassins that have come after him.

If there's anyone else in the Hitman universe who has done that, then let me know because they deserve their own fucking game too!
Please check out my Hitman Absolution compositions -

http://www.hitmanfor...cored-by-quinn/

#17 Professor Snake

Professor Snake

Private Infiltrator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 09:42 AM

I want their names. :angry:

RIP Aeseric.
Eggs.

#18 Quinn

Quinn

Shadow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3046 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 10:04 AM

Well, one could argue that it was either A) The 97% success rate was between the handler and operative and not the assassinations and B) missions such as "The Setup" were included in that statistic.
Please check out my Hitman Absolution compositions -

http://www.hitmanfor...cored-by-quinn/

#19 Hockeyplay95

Hockeyplay95

Thug

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 10:25 AM

47 has assassinated a Vice President in the White House, 3 high ranking Russian generals, 3 notorious terrorist brothers, a state's witness at his own home while surrounded by FBI bodyguards, several police chiefs, several leaders of various crime syndicates and multiple assassins that have come after him.

....and a very suspicious clown :P

#20 Expert

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1864 posts

Posted 22 September 2012 - 10:55 AM

Posted Image
Et la Lumière fut