1376 replies to this topic

#801 parttimekiller

parttimekiller

Thug

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 02:28 AM

I so far don't have a problem with it. Once I realized that it was most likely due to the old hardware of the xbox 360 that it probably couldn't handle huge levels and such a high level of detail that Glacier 2 provides, then I became fine with it. Plus I really don't see a lot of back tracking taking place with all these new things going on. If you think of the 2nd part of SOH gameplay, what would be the need to go back out that door?

I will say that because the levels are divided up into checkpoints I don't feel as much pressure about having to start all the whole level over if you fail.

As far as the additional checkpoints, well I'm not quite sure about that yet. I don't have a problem with that so far, but that could most definitely change once I get my hands on the game. I will say that because the levels are divided up into checkpoints I don't feel as much pressure about having to start all the whole level over if you fail.

I have no idea how bad all that mentioned stuff will be once I play the game, but I don' really get the explanation for most of it: Obviously, there are some bigger, detailed levels in Absolution, so it is technically possible. And checkpoints/divided levels are one thing, but why no backtracking? Just a small loading screen when stepping in an elevator for example, we've seen it in countless games. No suitcase because it does not get along with the new movements? That's just plain lazy, just auto-drop the suitcase for certain animations, for instance.

#802 Mads47

Mads47

Death strikes from within

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1110 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:00 AM

After reading the full review, i must say i don't agree his guy on most things. Most the things he points out, does not matter at all. The checkpoint system,
wont have any effect on the old hitman crowd that wants to play in on Expert / Purist. And the fact he wants it to be another Blood Money game, that fine
but thats not just what Hitman is about. For me Hitman is more Hitman 2: Silent Assassin or even Hitman Contracts, that what defins Hitman for me as
old Hitman fan.

Most of the thing he says like 25% of targets dies in a cutscene, is a overstatement. I can recall two from my Playthorugh at IO.
first one is Diana, the second i'm not going to say. that you can see for yourself on the 20th.

Hitman Absolution, reminds most of Hitman 2: Silent Assassin. The most beloved Hitman game to date. If you feel like that, then you won't be disapointed.

Edited by Mads47, 12 November 2012 - 04:05 AM.

ih2hzs.png

"This room. This Bullet. There's a bullet for everyone. And a time and a place. An end. Yes, maybe this is how it has to be. Inspector, you've obviously learned too much about me. I can't have that. Even in my death- Agent 47 

She put the lime in the coconut, she drank them both up, She put the lime in the coconut, she called the doctor, woke him up, And said, "Doctor, ain't there nothin' I can take

#803 DeadlyShadow47

DeadlyShadow47

Shadow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2252 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:13 AM

After reading the full review, i must say i don't agree his guy on most things. Most the things he points out, does not matter at all. The checkpoint system,
wont have any effect on the old hitman crowd that wants to play in on Expert / Purist. And the fact he wants it to be another Blood Money game, that fine
but thats not just what Hitman is about. For me Hitman is more Hitman 2: Silent Assassin or even Hitman Contracts, that what defins Hitman for me as
old Hitman fan.

Most of the thing he says like 25% of targets dies in a cutscene, is a overstatement. I can recall two from my Playthorugh at IO.
first one is Diana, the second i'm not going to say. that you can see for yourself on the 20th.

Hitman Absolution, reminds most of Hitman 2: Silent Assassin. The most beloved Hitman game to date. If you feel like that, then you won't be disapointed.

Thanks Madman47
My Rig is ready for Hitman 6
--------------------------------------------
Intel® Core™ i5-3570k OC @ 4.2 GHz
Gigabyte GTX 760 OC 2GB GDDR5 rev 2.0
8GB DDR3 @ 1600 MHz

Also check out my Hitman Pro/SA/SO speedruns channel: http://www.youtube.com/DeadlyShadow47

#804 Creaky

Creaky

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 04:39 AM

I'm definitely getting that vibe from a lot of Absolution, but with a bit more of a driven focus behind at least some of the levels.

I do think that some gamers naturally suffer from nostalgia goggles - Blood Money was fantastic, yes, but a different beast to the previous titles. It's understandable that a lot of people, enjoying that, are disappointed when it seems Absolution won't be simply an update of Blood Money for the current generation (I know I am, at any rate - to my mind that's all they needed to do), but it's important to remember that each Hitman game has been quite different from the others (with the exception of Contracts, which was more Hitman 2.5: The Greatest Hits), and to be prepared to try something with an open mind before making a judgement.

At any rate, I've seen enough of the levels from previews and whatnot that I'm confident that the level design is fine (though I hope a bit more varied than we've seen so far), and that Contracts mode will make them even better. By far my biggest concerns with Absolution at this point are mechanical concerns - inventory, checkpoints, etc - and the narrative focus. And of course, I'll be in no position to give anything other than a general impression of why I'm worried about them until I get the game in hand. Eight days, and counting... :lol:

#805 The_Preacher

The_Preacher

Henchman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:25 AM

Why is everyone saying hitman is dead thanks to consoles? hit mans been on console from hitman 2 through to blood money. with 2 and blood money being hailed as the best hitman has to offer, clearly it is not the consoles fault.

#806 Creaky

Creaky

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:29 AM

Why is everyone saying hitman is dead thanks to consoles? hit mans been on console from hitman 2 through to blood money. with 2 and blood money being hailed as the best hitman has to offer, clearly it is not the consoles fault.

Because:

1) Some people see justifications for their own bias everywhere, and insist on letting us know about it.

And

2) Current console tech being as old and shitty as it is may well be a major factor in IO's decision to split their levels into seperate chunks - a major flaw of the game for many people.

Edited by Creaky, 12 November 2012 - 06:30 AM.

#807 screaming meat

screaming meat

Henchman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:32 AM

Because:

1) Some people see justifications for their own bias everywhere, and insist on letting us know about it.

And

2) Current console tech being as old and shitty as it is may well be a major factor in IO's decision to split their levels into seperate chunks - a major flaw of the game for many people.

I'll tell you this for free: My biggest complaint with Hitman: Absolution is that it's not in my Xbox right now.

Edited by screaming meat, 12 November 2012 - 06:36 AM.

"I wish I was Batman; not so much the fighting crime, I just wish I was rich and my parents were dead."

#808 Creaky

Creaky

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:37 AM

I'll tell you this for free: My biggest complaint with Hitman: Absolution is that it's not in my Xbox right now.

A travesty.

IO should get right on that. :D

#809 screaming meat

screaming meat

Henchman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 06:39 AM

A travesty.

IO should get right on that. :D

I know! A terrible over sight if you ask me... Lazy shysters the lot of 'em. ;)

Edited by screaming meat, 12 November 2012 - 06:39 AM.

"I wish I was Batman; not so much the fighting crime, I just wish I was rich and my parents were dead."

#810 Solid56

Solid56

Pickpocket

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:19 AM

The game's gonna be great, I think it's kinda stupid everybody's worried because of one lousy german who wrote a bad review...

Edited by Solid56, 12 November 2012 - 07:32 AM.

#811 Cypress Hill

Cypress Hill

Henchman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:34 AM

I really don't want to read reviews, for the simple reason that i don't want to read things i'd rather find out myself. I've played the game at Gamescom, the Chinatown level and i loved it. I consider myself a hardcore Hitman fan too. Been there since Codename 47. In short...what are the biggest downers so far for the reviewers? I heard something about the game being very liniar and that there's QTE stuff in it. Thanks in reply.

#812 Solid56

Solid56

Pickpocket

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:54 AM

I really don't want to read reviews, for the simple reason that i don't want to read things i'd rather find out myself. I've played the game at Gamescom, the Chinatown level and i loved it. I consider myself a hardcore Hitman fan too. Been there since Codename 47. In short...what are the biggest downers so far for the reviewers? I heard something about the game being very liniar and that there's QTE stuff in it. Thanks in reply.

Appearantly some people stated that most of the levels are 'too small'. Well, the levels they showed weren't small at all. Even if they were I wouldn't care about that because for example 'A New Life' in Blood Money was one of the smallest levels but the one I replayed most.

Then there are the idiots who complain the game has been dumbed down. However there are 5 difficulty settings including a Purist Mode, where you have no Instinct, HUD or whatever.

Finally there's the complaint about the game being too linear. From the missions I've seen, The Orphanage, Run For Your Life and Escape From Terminus Hotel were the only linear ones (the tutorial mission not included). King of Chinatown, Streets of Hope and The Vixen Club were classic sandbox style levels imo. Even if there are more linear levels in the game that wouldn't be much of a problem because there's Contracts Mode where you can play and create other missions.

#813 Cypress Hill

Cypress Hill

Henchman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 08:57 AM

Appearantly some people stated that most of the levels are 'too small'. Well, the levels they showed weren't small at all. Even if they were I wouldn't care about that because for example 'A New Life' in Blood Money was one of the smallest levels but the one I replayed most.

Then there are the idiots who complain the game has been dumbed down. However there are 5 difficulty settings including a Purist Mode, where you have no Instinct, HUD or whatever.

Finally there's the complaint about the game being too linear. From the missions I've seen, The Orphanage, Run For Your Life and Escape From Terminus Hotel were the only linear ones (the tutorial mission not included). King of Chinatown, Streets of Hope and The Vixen Club were classic sandbox style levels imo. Even if there are more linear levels in the game that wouldn't be much of a problem because there's Contracts Mode where you can play and create other missions.

Thanks man. So basically...no reason to worry at all if you ask me. I heard the complaints too about small levels yeah....but it's like you said, they are anything but small. And really..Blood Money's levels weren't very big too, but it was the many multiple possibilities to do things that made it so big.  I will be playing on the hardest difficulty from the get go, so i'm good.

#814 Agent Ardalan

Agent Ardalan

Former Codename 48-1

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 371 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:02 AM

I don't believe any of these reviews until i played the game my self
Posted Image

#815 No Witnesses

No Witnesses

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:04 AM

Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere, the very controversial review that gives this game a score of 62 is now fully scanned. See it for yourself.

For what is worth, I have had the chance to play the game myself (still haven't finished it, going for Full Stealth, No Lethality run) and I agree 100% with all the complaints.

Let's hope Square Enix is indeed taking this title away from IO, and let's hope they do far better with it

http://i.imgur.com/MtiQw.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/4JkdA.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/AIhL3.jpg

Hey, guys, check this out.

Spoiler

#816 Cypress Hill

Cypress Hill

Henchman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 248 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:05 AM

Apologies if this has been posted elsewhere, the very controversial review that gives this game a score of 62 is now fully scanned. See it for yourself.

For what is worth, I have had the chance to play the game myself (still haven't finished it, going for Full Stealth, No Lethality run) and I agree 100% with all the complaints.

Let's hope Square Enix is indeed taking this title away from IO, and let's hope they do far better with it

http://i.imgur.com/MtiQw.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/4JkdA.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/AIhL3.jpg

Hold on..taking it away from IO? I clearly missed something. They want a new developer on a future Hitman game?

#817 frynse

frynse

Henchman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:07 AM

Oh god, all the leaks and reviews just make me wish that IO would do what they did with K&L2. Release it a couple of days before release when it's obviously ready.

#818 No Witnesses

No Witnesses

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:09 AM

Hold on..taking it away from IO? I clearly missed something. They want a new developer on a future Hitman game?

Rumor has it (might be confirmed at this point) that Hitman 6 is being developed by Square Enix Montreal, creators of Deus Ex: Human Revolutions.

Spoiler

#819 Trzebiat

Trzebiat

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:10 AM

This reviewer from PC Gamer gave 55 score for Max Payne 3. And on Metacritic it has now 87: http://www.metacriti.../pc/max-payne-3 Why we even care?
Posted Image

#820 No Witnesses

No Witnesses

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 12 November 2012 - 09:10 AM

Rumor has it (might be confirmed at this point) that Hitman 6 is being developed by Square Enix Montreal, creators of Deus Ex: Human Revolutions.

Spoiler