7 replies to this topic

#1 mackdadi

mackdadi

Master Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:56 AM

I got the game delivered one day early from Play.com so thought I would go through the tutorial and then the rest of the game from midnight.

Installed the patch (1.01) and started game
Even from the intro cutscene I noticed there was no talking/audio but plenty of music/effects however thought this maybe intentional (never seen intro before) However during the tutorial mission cutscenes there is no talking whatsoever even though the characters lips are moving. Notice this is only during cutscenes - in normal gameplay there is talking etc.

"Mm-hm. Always interested....just send me the briefing"

#2 Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze

Meanie-head

• Super Admin
  • 11158 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:58 AM

Please read the technical FAQ (it has driver links, etc.) and the welcome thread. Ensure drivers are up to date, and post a DxDiag please.

#3 mackdadi

mackdadi

Master Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 482 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:00 AM

Please read the technical FAQ (it has driver links, etc.) and the welcome thread. Ensure drivers are up to date, and post a DxDiag please.

On ps3 so no drivers etc

However I have found a fix, redone my ps3 sound settings (changed to auto) and now it's working. Maybe something for others to look out for if they have surround sound etc.

"Mm-hm. Always interested....just send me the briefing"

#4 Trzebiat

Trzebiat

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:07 AM

If you had audio output set to 5.1 but you played it with only stereo speakers this may be the reason. The voice is very often only on center channel, and music and effects on left and right channel.
Posted Image

#5 Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze

Meanie-head

• Super Admin
  • 11158 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 09:15 AM

Thanks for letting us know it's fixed. Version should have been included in OP ;)

Stupid tags aren't obvious enough on this software...

#6 Sidian

Sidian

Pickpocket

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 07:42 PM

I'm getting the same problem but on the PC. No idea why. Drivers are up to date etc afaik.

#7 Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze

Meanie-head

• Super Admin
  • 11158 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 08:01 PM

Please read the welcome topic. This is a resolved thread about a PS3 problem. Nothing to do with your concern. You should create your own topic after reading the welcome topic and the Technical FAQ. You should have as much information as possible in your opening post.

#8 powerd

powerd

one post wonder

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:20 AM

I too have this same problem but only in some scenes?? no voices or even subtitles... It also lags sometimes... the opening is ok it has audio and voices.. what can i do?? (PS3)