17 replies to this topic

#1 Grimey Limey

Grimey Limey

Henchman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:34 AM

I really thought this needed its own topic, it's absolutley ridiculous.

WHY would a professional assassin on the run from his handlers , an arms dealer and the police enter a local shooting competition, beat the local champion (thus becoming semi-famous in Hope) then leave with two illegally silenced handguns? Aside from the completely silly unnecessary distraction from the story, the mission itself had no place in a Hitman game. It felt like it was a mission from Red Dead Redemption or GTA or something, and definitely felt like something thrown in as a bit of 'fun' for mid-teen 'mass appeal' players. It could have possibly been used as a competive part of the game's online portion, but in my opinion detracted from the story (which is less than substantial anyway, but that's another topic).

Anyway, if anyone liked the mission or just wants to discuss it, you have the beat the lady's score of 471. I got 484 on my 4th attempt, if you're struggling to get the points, try using the assault rifle and aim for the head, the red diamond gives you 20 points and the grey diamond around that gives 10. Use point and shoot whenever there's 4 or more targets on screen at once.

Formerly user - 'The technician' - Lost account login details long ago

Kill a man, and you are an assassin. Kill millions of men, and you are a conquerer. Kill everyone, and you are God.

#2 silent-hitman

silent-hitman

Thug

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:36 AM

You don't need to do that challenge to get the silverballers. I actually found the challenge a bit too hard, so I decided to get the silverballers the hitman/stealthy way.

Edited by silent-hitman, 20 November 2012 - 06:38 AM.

#3 Doormaker

Doormaker

Henchman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:40 AM

Yes, there is a cool way:

Spoiler

#4 Sledgehammer

Sledgehammer

Allan, please add details

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1353 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:40 AM

Yes, there is a cool way:

Spoiler

Spoiler

#5 Grimey Limey

Grimey Limey

Henchman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:41 AM

You don't need to do that challenge to get the silverballers. I actually found the challenge a bit too hard, so I decided to get the silverballers the hitman/stealthy way.

Hahah ohhh did I really waste my time? Dang, oh well at least IO hasn't completely gone ina different direction then. I noticed after the mission that you can aquire the chicks gun, does that mean you can just go steal the ballers/kill everyone/go stealthy like a normal mission?
If so then that completely changes my opinion of the level, although the shooting challenge is still idiotic.

Kill a man, and you are an assassin. Kill millions of men, and you are a conquerer. Kill everyone, and you are God.

#6 Doormaker

Doormaker

Henchman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:45 AM

Oh yeah, the shooting challenge is a big waste of time. :D I like the level, it's something different, but cool as hell.

Edited by Doormaker, 20 November 2012 - 06:46 AM.

#7 silent-hitman

silent-hitman

Thug

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:47 AM

Hahah ohhh did I really waste my time? Dang, oh well at least IO hasn't completely gone ina different direction then. I noticed after the mission that you can aquire the chicks gun, does that mean you can just go steal the ballers/kill everyone/go stealthy like a normal mission?
If so then that completely changes my opinion of the level, although the shooting challenge is still idiotic.

lol, just have some faith in IO, and look around in every level. There will always be the cool way to do stuff ;)

Edited by silent-hitman, 20 November 2012 - 06:48 AM.

#8 hitmanfan778

hitmanfan778

Henchman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:54 AM

I got more than 500

All you need to do is patience,tap lightly R2,and release harder on the head

Dont waste instict meter,try to save as much as possible,for an example,you can shoot the nearest board around you and THEN activate instict,and then disable it asap

Btw,dont activate instict near time 0:00,i think there is a weird glitch,not game breaking,but annoying,i ended up shooting on the floor (due to not getting used to the controls) and have to RESTART THE SHOOTING RANGE AGAIN

Edited by hitmanfan778, 20 November 2012 - 06:54 AM.

#9 Grimey Limey

Grimey Limey

Henchman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 140 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:57 AM

Btw,dont activate instict near time 0:00,i think there is a weird glitch,not game breaking,but annoying,i ended up shooting on the floor (due to not getting used to the controls) and have to RESTART THE SHOOTING RANGE AGAIN

On one attempt my instict stopped the clock at 00:00 and enabled me to make the final point shoot and get the points, even though I only ended up with 450 anyway

#10 hitmanfan778

hitmanfan778

Henchman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 157 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:59 AM

On one attempt my instict stopped the clock at 00:00 and enabled me to make the final point shoot and get the points, even though I only ended up with 450 anyway

yea that happened to me the first time,but i still lost,when i played the second time,i activated instict and the time is over and my instict just loop and i have to activate instict second time and then disable it for the game to run normally

#11 Mr_48

Mr_48

Mercenary

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:08 AM

Well I did it the 'even more cooler way'
Spoiler

Absolutely loved this level, was a bit different and very cool.

Edited by TobiasRieper48, 20 November 2012 - 07:08 AM.

Posted Image

#12 silent-hitman

silent-hitman

Thug

• Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:10 AM

Well I did it the 'even more cooler way'

Spoiler

Absolutely loved this level, was a bit different and very cool.

It seems that there's much more to explore in this game than we thought.

#13 scat1620

scat1620

Mercenary

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:10 AM

Spoiler

Indeed. I worked out a clean way to get the Silverballers (Suit Only, all zeroes) before I even realised that you could actually DO the shooting challenge, ha! I thought the shooting challenge was just a pretext for a normal level, and it wasn't until I replayed it that I realised that you could actually have a go at beating the shooting challenge for yourself!

#14 Mr_48

Mr_48

Mercenary

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:13 AM

I'm going to replay the shooting range with the rather large machine gun and just massacre everybody. I loved doing that in Hitman: SA

Posted Image

#15 ajbullet

ajbullet

Henchman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:20 AM

Yeah really liked this level, a bit small but very "Hitman" in that you could wander around with a gun out but still had to think to finish the level.

Took part in the competition but didnt get close to the score so had to achieve it through other..............means!!

#16 Mr_48

Mr_48

Mercenary

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 89 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:17 AM

It seems that there's much more to explore in this game than we thought.

I'm on the 18th group of levels, (there are 20 in total) and there are many ways of doing an objective in some of the levels. I'm really not dissapointed by the linearity of it at all, you still get massive levels to do evil things in. Even if you are getting from point a to b, just spice it up a little!!

Posted Image

#17 Dick Justice

Dick Justice

I had a permanent, constipated grimace on my face

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3276 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:41 AM

It's a nice little level, very detailed. You can use it for Contracts too, which is great.

#18 Causton97

Causton97

Thug

• Members
  • Pip
  • 47 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:59 AM

I never actually bothered with the shooting range. I just did it the stealthy way. I was going to do the challenge but thought I might as well take a look around. What do I find... ! only a grate that you can crawl through which takes you to the manager's room! He has a safe with the key inside. To gain access you need to take out the manager!
(if someone could enlighten me as to how you use spoiler tags on this forum, I would appreciate it - for now the underlined text needs to be highlighted)

If you steal the keycard from the desk behind the clerk, then you also gain access to a bunker at the back of the gun range in the left trench. Inside you can find some pretty cool stuff which I won't spoil!