#1 The Joker

The Joker

Thug

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:00 PM

Hi,

I received the game on the 17th in the post as I pre-ordered online I'm about 2/3 of the way into story mode and the game Crashed. I pressed my Xbox Home button and nothing came up, It didn't even make a sound for the dash coming up unlike some games do. I waited about two minutes then turned off my console then turned it on again and loaded Hitman up again. Had to adjust the screen settings like when I first booted the game up on saturday. The continue game option is now gone. I've searched through my hard drive and there is no Indication that my save file for the game is broken/corrupted.

Can anyone possibly help ? Naturally I am doing this Posted Image at the moment.

#2 thisistrivial

thisistrivial

one post wonder

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:02 AM

This literally just happened to me was kind of hoping for an answer but it looks like there is none other than next time keep copies of your save :( so annoyed!

#3 scottface

scottface

one post wonder

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:37 AM

Same here. It was the beginning of the mission where he's dressed as a priest. Looked like it was gonna be awesome. Crashed during auto-save, corrupted file, gotta start from scratch. Absolut-ly gutted :( Think it's just a random Xbox crash and bad timing tbh, but if anyone else's crashes in the same place, it might be a general issue issue.

#4 DawnStar

DawnStar

one post wonder

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 12:16 PM

Same here. It was the beginning of the mission where he's dressed as a priest. Looked like it was gonna be awesome. Crashed during auto-save, corrupted file, gotta start from scratch. Absolut-ly gutted :( Think it's just a random Xbox crash and bad timing tbh, but if anyone else's crashes in the same place, it might be a general issue issue.

Same here and same place.

#5 Hitman247m

Hitman247m

Thug

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 06:40 PM

Same here and same place.

+1

Same place, same crash

#6 lukeLTD

lukeLTD

one post wonder

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 07:17 PM

Hi,

I received the game on the 17th in the post as I pre-ordered online I'm about 2/3 of the way into story mode and the game Crashed. I pressed my Xbox Home button and nothing came up, It didn't even make a sound for the dash coming up unlike some games do. I waited about two minutes then turned off my console then turned it on again and loaded Hitman up again. Had to adjust the screen settings like when I first booted the game up on saturday. The continue game option is now gone. I've searched through my hard drive and there is no Indication that my save file for the game is broken/corrupted.

Can anyone possibly help ? Naturally I am doing this Posted Image at the moment.

I bought the game for PS3 and so far the exact same thing has happened to me twice. I don't think I can be bothered starting it a third time.

#7 Medic4417

Medic4417

Pickpocket

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:54 PM

Same thing... Strip club mission. PS3

#8 Lorelei

Lorelei

That dude in that one band

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:21 AM

LOVING the new game. However... I spent 6 hours non-stop playing last night, and the game froze. Thinking it was no big deal, I turned off my console, and restarted the game. I got a message telling me that my save data was corrupt and not able to be recovered. Due to how great I think this new addition to the series is, I took it as a fluke, and started another play-through. Several more hours into the game, I turned off my console, thinking I was going to continue playing the next day. Well, apparently I was mistaken, as I've encountered the exact same issue again (without the game freezing) at the main menu, and still cannot resume any games and I'm forced to start over completely. All of my achievements are still there. I have never encountered a software issue or save file corruption on any other game until this one, and I know that I have no hardware issues on my Xbox, and that the disc is in PERFECT condition. It's really stressful. IO has made an AMAZING game and I'd really like to enjoy it more, but with a game-breaking issue such as this one, it's making it impossible for me to have enough motivation to even pop the disc back in right now.

Yes, I have installed the latest update via Xbox Live.

Edited by Lorelei, 21 November 2012 - 07:29 AM.

#9 Sketch

Sketch

Damn!

• Moderators
  • 19478 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 07:38 AM

I think this is something you'll have to wait until is patched. For now, if you have a memory card, backup your saves as often as you can.

#10 Lorelei

Lorelei

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 11:29 AM

I think this is something you'll have to wait until is patched. For now, if you have a memory card, backup your saves as often as you can.

I've just got a standard 20G HDD. :/ this is super depressing. Really hope this gets resolved in a patch, and soon.

#11 Fakeflux

Fakeflux

Thug

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:02 PM

got same on ps3, so console problem i think

#12 music is math

music is math

Shadow

• Moderators
  • 2159 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 12:36 PM

If you can make or spare enough room on your hard drive, installing the entire disc to the hard drive might help. It seems like Absolution puts quite a strain on the DVD/BluRay drive, judging from the constant disc-reading sounds I hear from my PS3 when playing. That might be part of the reason for the frequent crashing, especially on older systems.

#13 thegwill

thegwill

Pickpocket

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:12 PM

Hi. Im gettin a problem where after completing contracts my earnings arent being saved/are bring deleted. Anyone else gettin this?

#14 xChupa

xChupa

Thug

• Members
  • Pip
  • 36 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:15 PM

I've had this problem on PS3 too.

I'm sure it will be patched, so in the meantime I'm just saving all my data to a USB every hour or so. (it's really easy, only takes about 2 mins to exit to the XMB, save to the USB, and reload the game).

It's a pretty huge bug, but with what I'm doing now it's no longer stressful to play (thinking your game may be deleted at any moment) and I love the game so much I don't even care anyways. In fact, it's been kinda fun doing a second playthrough so far. I'm doing an action play though, since I figured I might as well get back to where I was as quick as possible. The action playthrough so far is pretty fun and I also learned some new entry points etc.
Posted Image

#15 Lorelei

Lorelei

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 03:31 PM

Okay, guys. It hasn't crashed since, but games just do NOT save to my Hard Drive OR to Cloud Storage. Every time I start the game over, I have to format the screen and start a new game, just as though I just put the disc in for the first time... as I said before, this is the ONLY time I have EVER had any problems like this, and my disc is completely spotless...

Edited by Lorelei, 21 November 2012 - 03:31 PM.

#16 Creaky

Creaky

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 446 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:14 PM

I did get it earlier.

When I came back this afternoon it was working fine, though.

Could be a server connection issue?

#17 bloodangel12

bloodangel12

one post wonder

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:31 PM

Mines doing the same. Created two contracts played both. Upon completed the contract money gets wired but back on the main menu it still says 0
Played other contracts and the same happens. What's going on??

#18 Alpho377

Alpho377

one post wonder

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 November 2012 - 04:37 PM

Same here, just signed up to ask about it haha. I'm playing on the PS3 version, I've completed 2 public contracts posted by other players, created 2 contracts and played through them and also played through both tutorials before trying the modes properly. Each time I have finished it says it is depositing the money into my account, I then select menu to leave the leaderboard summary screen and when it gets to the menu I still have no money in my account.

#19 o0EVIL0o

o0EVIL0o

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 03:08 AM

Lost my save data too. At least my contracts stuff is still there. I had fully completed the first 3 stages with all challenges and some decent scores.

#20 Heros Crest

Heros Crest

one post wonder

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 11:16 AM

Mine was lost as well. And I was actually way ahead in the game too. Anyone know if there's a way to fix it? If not guess ill just start all over, honestly I wouldn't mind starting over hitman is a really great game. But if this is happening to many people then they need to fix this issue.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: contracts, erase, earnings, error, glitch, save, delete