6 replies to this topic

#1 blackroot

blackroot

Pickpocket

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 06:15 AM

Hi.

I bought HItman: Absolution through steam. It installed fine and the game starts just fine, however after playing a while my character gets "stuck" on moving forward and my keyboard completely stops responding, i can't even get to task manager or multitask out of the game. I have to unplug the keyboard and plug it back in for it to work, very annoying when in the middle of some action. I tried google it but only found that a few other people have the same problem, but no idea of why this is happening. Clearly this is most likely not related to any gfx issues (i have the latest drivers though). This only occurs in Hitman, and never when i'm playing other games or just surfing the web. When keyboard freezes, mouse does still work.

My setup is:

Corsair 16gb DDR3 1600mhz ram
Intel Core i7 3770K
ASUS P8Z68-V Pro/Gen3 motherboard
Logitech G110 gaming keyboard
Corsair M60 gaming mouse
ASUS GeForce 570 GTX gfx card

#2 Charm & Strange

Charm & Strange

up, down, top, bottom

• Tech Support Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5302 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 06:24 AM

Have you tried updating the keyboard drivers from the manufacturers website? (they do exist) Also if it's a USB keyboard and you have a spare USB plug maybe try that and see it it makes a difference?

Edited by Charm & Strange, 22 November 2012 - 06:25 AM.

Posted Image

#3 blackroot

blackroot

Pickpocket

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 06:30 AM

Ahh well yes, i absolutely didn't think of updating the keyboard drivers. That seems logic.. i will try that once i get home from work. Also to answer you second question, i have tried all the USB ports in the back of the motherboard, aswell as the front-connected USB ports, same error occur on all. But after reading your post, i believe updating software and drivers for my keyboard might do the trick. I downloaded software and drivers for my keyboard when i got it for christmas last year, so they are probably outdated. Thanks for the tip, i will try to re-post here if it doesn't work :)

#4 Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze

Meanie-head

• Super Admin
  • 11158 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 06:41 AM

Another suggestion is to try a different keyboard, if you've got a spare. If it does the same thing, try an old PS2 keyboard rather than USB if you've got/can get one. That should really help pinpoint the problem.

It doesn't sound like it, but just to make sure, is this USB 3.0? Verify the correct drivers are installed if so.

#5 blackroot

blackroot

Pickpocket

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 November 2012 - 05:05 PM

Upgrading keyboard software/drivers seems to have solved the issue. Thanks alot :)

#6 micrors4

micrors4

one post wonder

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 07:18 AM

I have the same keyboard as well and am experiencing the same problem but even after updating my drivers the problem persists but the same version of the game works fine on my laptop. I removed the drivers and unplugged the keyboard but it still produced the same problem. Any help would be greatly apreciated.

#7 Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze

Meanie-head

• Super Admin
  • 11158 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 07:28 AM

Resolved for OP.

Micrors4 - please read the welcome thread and PC Players read first thread. Tech FAQ is always a good browse as well. Then create your own topic.