20 replies to this topic

#1 No Witnesses

No Witnesses

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:58 AM

Literally no one has been able to find this notebook on the internet, any one found it here? It would be nice if a developer came in and confirmed if it even exists or if its a bug.

Hey, guys, check this out.

Spoiler

#2 Wet_Roger

Wet_Roger

Thug

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:15 PM

Notebook?

#3 gmcb47

gmcb47

Mercenary

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 50 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:31 PM

Notebook?

It's one of the items shown in the lost and found part of the mission summary. It looks like it may have been removed in the game.

#4 Wet_Roger

Wet_Roger

Thug

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:39 PM

Oh never even knew about that was it something for a challenge or?

#5 Aly

Aly

Thug

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 26 November 2012 - 12:48 PM

For what it's worth, I don't usually look for help on such things, so I spent literally hours looking for the thing before hopping online and finding that I wasn't alone in not finding it. So I'm pretty certain it doesn't exist... I even killed every single person in the hopes one would drop it. =)

#6 Groundunder72

Groundunder72

Thug

• Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 01:23 PM

For Xbox 360 folks (myself included) here is what was posted on 11/27/2012 by user: Dirty130 - http://www.xbox360ac...ad.php?t=401154

****************************************************************************************************************

So looks like we might as well give up on the notebook..

This was the reply I finally got from Nick, Community Manager at IO.

"Sorry, I'm kinda busy at the moment as you may imagine. As I understand it, currently the notebook is trapped in the geometry. I don't believe it will be fixed but Travis is investigating."

"Don't believe it will be fixed"???????!!!!!!!!!

*******************************************************************************************************************************

Even the official guide creators don't know where this is, so we all figure it's a legit bug that we all desperately *HOPE* IO will fix. No 100% completion otherwise (not to be confused with the 1000/1000 Achievement score).

#7 Sledgehammer

Sledgehammer

Allan, please add details

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1353 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 01:26 PM

Trapped in geometry should mean they know where it is, though. Doesn't sound like they prioritise a fix for it though. I wonder if it does anything.

#8 Altair47

Altair47

Splinter Cell

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 174 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 02:05 AM

This is off topic but I don't wish to post an entirely new topic about it and this is similar...

There's a door in Streets of Hope with a keycard lock -- where's the keycard precisely? Because I've yet to go in (x

#9 Sledgehammer

Sledgehammer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1353 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 09:37 AM

This is off topic but I don't wish to post an entirely new topic about it and this is similar...

There's a door in Streets of Hope with a keycard lock -- where's the keycard precisely? Because I've yet to go in (x

The keycard is in the ground floor of Bennet's Garage (where Landon Metcalf hangs out). It's on a table in the corner closest to the garage with the suspended car accident.

The room itself is disappointing and contains nothing special, only:

Spoiler

#10 m1rk3s

m1rk3s

Henchman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 10:02 AM

Maybe you can add "missing items" in the thread topic.

I also can't find the notebook in shaving lenny, the aries 24-7 gun in operation sledgehammer, the plunger and tnt in countdown.
Could someone help me finding these items, please?

#11 Mr.Reaper

Mr.Reaper

Teh Bias Raper

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1578 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:15 PM

I dont think theres anything to gain from finding all items anyway. I cant find the Aries 24-7 in Op Sledgehammer either...
Posted Image

absolution [ˌæbsəˈluːʃən]
n
1. the act of absolving or the state of being absolved; release from guilt, obligation, or punishment

#12 Trzebiat

Trzebiat

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:24 PM

I dont think theres anything to gain from finding all items anyway. I cant find the Aries 24-7 in Op Sledgehammer either...

In the last checkpoint - Hope Fair, the first guy has it. In the room where you start.
Posted Image

#13 Sledgehammer

Sledgehammer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1353 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 04:25 PM

In the last checkpoint - Hope Fair, the first guy has it. In the room where you start.

Nope, it's the Jadg PP2G or whatever its name is.

#14 Trzebiat

Trzebiat

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 09 December 2012 - 05:03 PM

Nope, it's the Jadg PP2G or whatever its name is.

Oh, my bad. I thought this was Aries 24-7, now I don't remember where it was, but I have it unlocked in Lost and found.
Posted Image

#15 Dominicus Saxon

Dominicus Saxon

Mercenary

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:07 AM

Yeah, the notebook is listed as an object you can pick up in Shaving Lenny but it's not actually in the game so you can't get it or get 100% Challenges done on that level. I read somewhere that the ops know but said it's stuck inside something else like a wall I think and there is no plans on fixing it. I wish they'd just remove that object from the list then.

Maybe the notebook is with Keyser Soze. Oh wait ... THERE IS NO KEYSER SOZE !

#16 Trzebiat

Trzebiat

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 11:17 AM

Yeah, the notebook is listed as an object you can pick up in Shaving Lenny but it's not actually in the game so you can't get it or get 100% Challenges done on that level. I read somewhere that the ops know but said it's stuck inside something else like a wall I think and there is no plans on fixing it. I wish they'd just remove that object from the list then.

Maybe the notebook is with Keyser Soze. Oh wait ... THERE IS NO KEYSER SOZE !

There is no more notebook in Lost and found in Shaving Lenny after the latest PC patch. They removed it. Also TNT from Countdown.
Posted Image

#17 VashtiW

VashtiW

Pickpocket

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:24 AM

Yeah seriousely where the hell is it!!! Ive completed this entire game but that what the hell!! Do the creators even know how long that takes with the dedication and the strive for that? My guess is no because they just want us to waste our time and then boom a fucking bug what the hell people!!! Maybe they should of worked on this game alittle bit longer... I hope they fix it because this is pissing alot of people off!!! Its not fair for one thing and second they need to know how to fix it ASAP!!!!

#18 VashtiW

VashtiW

Pickpocket

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:28 AM

I WANT MY PLATINUM TROPHY!!!!!!!!! NOW!!!!!

#19 VashtiW

VashtiW

Pickpocket

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 12:29 AM

Oh and if the notebook is stuck in the wall... Then where the fuck is the SAFE???? dont you need the notebook for that reason to open safes????? I didnt see that in this stupid fucking game either.... AHHHHH!!!!

#20 music is math

music is math

Shadow

• Moderators
  • 2159 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:47 PM

Relax. You don't need the notebook for the platinum trophy. You don't even need it to complete all of the challenges. It's just a melee weapon, and from what I heard the most recent patch removed its listing from the lost and found progress for Shaving Lenny. It's not worth stressing over.