11 replies to this topic

#1 Bynx

Bynx

Don

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1392 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 09:47 AM

Has anyone beat this challange and if so what is the best gun to use? and how is the best way to do it? I am having trouble with it.
Posted Image

#2 highspeed

highspeed

Mercenary

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:37 AM

ye with mouse acceleration and no chance going first persion view, thus having a big fat head covering half the screen really helps... most stupid shit ever

you cant change fire mode on the m16 either..

Edited by highspeed, 28 November 2012 - 11:39 AM.

#3 highspeed

highspeed

Mercenary

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 11:52 AM

oki you dont need to win the challenge.. sneak into old man office by the vent where the cops are shooting.. knock old man out..take the key from his safe and take the ballers

#4 JaqTaar

JaqTaar

Henchman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 02:15 PM

Collecting the evidence and perhaps knocking out some people and thus gaining Instinct for Point Shooting should help.

#5 Bynx

Bynx

Don

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1392 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:06 PM

Yeah i know you dont need to I just wanted to beat the challenge.
Posted Image

#6 Aly

Aly

Thug

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 28 November 2012 - 04:07 PM

Before I was sure how to get the final challenge I won it with every gun available on that level. Not bragging, but just to let you know it's doable. The best guns for it in my experience are the sniper rifle (steady breathing ftw) and shotgun (multiple hits = multiple points ftw).

Either way, keep at it. Once you get comfortable with the patterns and start making "headshots" on the targets - which will give you plenty of instinct for Point Shooting for every multiple target point - you'll get it done.

#7 Solid Sam

Solid Sam

Mercenary

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 29 November 2012 - 10:32 AM

Has anyone beat this challange and if so what is the best gun to use? and how is the best way to do it? I am having trouble with it.

I did it on Normal difficulty with a pistol, I think it was the JAGD P22G.

You should really use what you feel most comfortable with, I tried it with the HX UMP (submachine gun) and HX AP-15 (assault rifle) and tapped the trigger using short bursts for each target and got very close but still failed. Using a pistol seemed to work better for me and probably encouraged me to be more accurate with my shots.

Before you actually accept the challenge you should rack up Instinct by manually shooting targets at the range with whatever gun you want (an assault rifle might be best if you want to do this quickly). This can take maybe five minutes but if you aim for the head your Instinct should replenish very quickly.

Do this until your Instinct bar is full and then accept the challenge with your gun of choice.

If you're playing on console use the aim assist to your advantage! Instead of aiming the gun and dragging the reticule to each target with the thumbstick, release and then hold the aim button each time you want to aim at a new target. The aim assist should snap to it as long as you're pointing the camera in the general direction of the target. If you've ever played Call of Duty then this should be familiar.

When the game prompts you to use Instinct on a group of targets take your time to tag headshots on targets. They are worth 20 points a piece(!) and if you hit all targets with headshots your score is going to go up very quickly. If you didn't rack up Instinct by shooting targets before accepting the challenge you may find you will quickly run out of Instinct. Also, take the time to reload when the game tells you to use Instinct to take out multiple targets. When this message pops up it means you have a window of a few seconds to reload before all the targets pop up.

Good luck in completing the challenge.

Edited by Solid Sam, 29 November 2012 - 10:33 AM.

#8 Bynx

Bynx

Don

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1392 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 07:25 AM

Thank you. I was trying to do it with the small instinct you start out with.
Posted Image

#9 screwthinkingof1

screwthinkingof1

Thug

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 07:53 AM

i haven't found the shotgun yet, where is that hidden? And the sniper rifle? I got it on one of my playthroughs but have forgotten where

#10 Sonic40th

Sonic40th

Thug

• Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 08:33 AM

I used a pistol and head shot each target, and reloaded before every point shooting event.

#11 Sledgehammer

Sledgehammer

Allan, please add details

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1353 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 08:46 AM

i haven't found the shotgun yet, where is that hidden? And the sniper rifle? I got it on one of my playthroughs but have forgotten where

The sniper rifle is in the very back of the trench in the shooting range. I don't know about the shotgun.

#12 PiotrWFilipczyk

PiotrWFilipczyk

Wrath Of Heaven

• Members
  • Pip
  • 38 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 09:33 AM

I also used a pistol. Headshots and ample Instinct for the Point Shooting sections are key. I finished a couple of times just a few points shy, realizing if I hadn't missed a headshot on some of the targets, it would've put me over.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Birdies Gift