• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 sockky

sockky

Pickpocket

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 10:36 AM

My game won't launch, the error coming up is "failed to launch game (unknown error)".

I have uninstalled and re installed the game and had no luck, i have also tried to verify game cache files, running as admin (both game and steam) and i have also made sure it isn't an AV issue.

By the way, I have also tried installing the game with and without physical media, so downloading it from steam and installing from disk ... just to confirm it wasn't a missing/corrupt file or something.

It's doing me in D:

#2 Sketch

Sketch

Damn!

• Moderators
  • 19487 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 01:12 PM

Read the stickies, and post a dxdiag please :)

#3 sockky

sockky

Pickpocket

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 02:07 PM

All drivers are up to date

Spoiler

Edited by sockky, 06 December 2012 - 02:07 PM.

#4 Sketch

Sketch

Damn!

• Moderators
  • 19487 posts

Posted 06 December 2012 - 04:31 PM

There's brand new beta drivers launched for your card this month, I recommend trying them first.

http://www.guru3d.co...a_download.html

And also the CAP

http://www.guru3d.co...1_download.html

#5 sockky

sockky

Pickpocket

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 03:02 AM

Updated, didn't work. Any other ideas?

#6 Captain Steve

Captain Steve

Thug

• Tech Support Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6131 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:23 AM

Visit your board vendor's website and ensure you have the latest BIOS update, and the latest sound drivers as well (your sound driver is a tad over 2 years old, as is your BIOS version; not uncommon, but plenty of errors have come up because of these).
Posted Image
Hey guys, here are some screenshots of my lvl 31 Imperial character masturbating in a forest
Captain Steve: Voted 2nd "Most Awesome" forum member 1 yrs. running.
Captain Steve: Voted Biggest e-Penis 1 yrs. running. At least I'm endowed somehow.

#7 sockky

sockky

Pickpocket

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:46 AM

My board is quite old now and is no doubt not really getting new drivers. I've got the latest according to asus's site. I had to flash my BIOS like a month ago anywho.

Just installed the game on an old amd 5000 and a gtx 460. worked first time. But that's my office comuter so doesn't really help me out lol.

#8 sockky

sockky

Pickpocket

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:51 AM

Tried launched the game from command prompt, as soon as i hit enter on hma.exe i get access denied pop up in the next line.

#9 yougonasorry

yougonasorry

Thug

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:25 AM

Hi, I played Hitman Absolution without any problem before you updated the game recently. After that, everytime i try to launch it i get a steam error message stating 'Failed to start game (unknown error). I must stress that I played the game perfectly well before the update (i even finished the game and played the contracts mode, which is awesome) unfortunately, following the steam update its not possible for me to launch it. Any suggestions please?

#10 yougonasorry

yougonasorry

Thug

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:38 AM

by the way I did update my videocard card driver recently, just to be sure and the Bios is fine as well. I mean the game was working perfectly fine until the recent update.

Edited by yougonasorry, 07 December 2012 - 09:50 AM.

#11 sockky

sockky

Pickpocket

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:46 AM

It's quite obviously not a driver issue. That's for sure.

#12 yougonasorry

yougonasorry

Thug

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 09:53 AM

agreed sockky, i mean the update must have changed something. were you able to play the game before the 11gb patch?

Edited by yougonasorry, 07 December 2012 - 10:02 AM.

#13 sockky

sockky

Pickpocket

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:03 AM

I only got the game two days ago myself, so no i haven't even been able to play yet. But by seeing other peoples comments, such as yourself it would point out that drivers aren't the cause. it's just the easy thing to point your finger at.

#14 yougonasorry

yougonasorry

Thug

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:38 AM

I guess we have to be patient now (even though we paid £29 for such a high quality game) until a friendly tech support can help us

#15 yougonasorry

yougonasorry

Thug

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:10 PM

I know that there are many other gamers who had various technical issues however is there a way to bump up this thread? can anyone please provide some assistance?

#16 Captain Steve

Captain Steve

Thug

• Tech Support Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6131 posts

Posted 10 December 2012 - 05:45 AM

Can you right-click on the exe and tell it to run as administrator?
Posted Image
Hey guys, here are some screenshots of my lvl 31 Imperial character masturbating in a forest
Captain Steve: Voted 2nd "Most Awesome" forum member 1 yrs. running.
Captain Steve: Voted Biggest e-Penis 1 yrs. running. At least I'm endowed somehow.