5 replies to this topic

#1 Dominicus Saxon

Dominicus Saxon

Mercenary

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 10:12 PM

Okay, I'm at a loss how to complete the challenge Research and Hidings on the R&D level of Death Factory. I can subdue 4 of the scientists in the different labs as you head downstairs, and I can subdue 3 or 4 more once I reach the bottom level. That parts fine. The problem is that after those 7 or 8 guys, I can't get close enough to subdue any more and dump their bodies before the smoke clears. Any one complete this challenge and how did you do it ? I need all the help I can get, thanks in advance !

#2 Sledgehammer

Sledgehammer

Allan, please add details

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1353 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:34 AM

I haven't done it yet, but have you tried it on a higher difficulty? Playing on hard and upwards adds more guards and civilians. Might make it possible to do more on the top floors.

#3 Trzebiat

Trzebiat

Professional

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 03:26 AM

Activate smoke, run (no one will see you) to subdue scientist, hide the body or if you're not sure if you can make it go back and wait to activate smoke again. Even if they find the body, after you activate smoke again, you can then hide that body and it'll be OK. Repeat it couple of times.

You can subdue 6 guards in labs. First lab, second lab where you can kill the target by accident (there is also one guard, but you can also lure him to the back and eliminate), third lab where you can kill the target by another accident, not the lab with the gun, there is a closet in next room, lure them there and subdue.
Posted Image

#4 Zombie83

Zombie83

one post wonder

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 08:58 AM

Start mission : first door,turn on the radio,hide behind the table,wait for him to turn off radio then subdue, 2nd scientist too, hide bodies,take the suit...go downstairs (inside stairs,the room with pulse gun) , wait for the guard,he ll go away,subdue the 2 scientist then drag them near the stairs where you came from,you ll hide the bodies later,go back upstairs,then downstairs to the bomb test room,activate robot alarm,wait for the scientist,subdue him,hide the body in the locker nearby (guard and the other one won t see you), distract the guard,subdue both,hide bodies...go downstairs to the next lab,distract one of the scientist to subdue them without get spot,drag bodies in the lower room to hide them,go back to the pulse gun room,drag one of the bodies upstairs (inside) until to the first room (the one with the radio),wait for guard,drag him downstairs (outside),kill or pass through,watch out for the outside stairs,the body will get stucked and/or disappear sometimes (bug),if that happen you still have one more chance to pick up another body back in the pulse gun room...here you should be at 14/15 for challenge,now you just need to end up the mission without get spot,choose the kill for targets,use your instinct and hide to be safe through the lower level,activate the platform,stay low,watch out for other scientist..done!

Hope this helps :D

#5 Dominicus Saxon

Dominicus Saxon

Mercenary

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 12:47 PM

Dang, very detailed and sounds good to me. Now I can't wait to get home from work and try it out lol. I'll post back if I can do it right. Thanks for the help !

#6 Dominicus Saxon

Dominicus Saxon

Mercenary

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 17 December 2012 - 09:56 PM

Okay, no idea how that happened. I was doing so good, had 13/15 just with the guys in the different rooms. I was dragging that one guy down the stairs outside (having silently killed all the guards except for the ones at the very bottom who couldn't see me) and yep, his body got stuck on the stairs. Okay, not the end of the world. I found a guy I subdued in a room and no container so I dragged him up the stairs outside and got him in the bomb room which had two containers. 14/15. Sooo close .... and then I ran out of guys. I started putting out the smoke and one by one killing guards and scientists and dumping their bodies over the rail. Unfortunately, none of that counted, I was still at 14/15. Then tragedy struck. One of the guards landed on some wires and hung there in plain view. Just freakin' perfect. Sure enough, one of the scientists ran over to see it. I put out the smoke and figured if he's still aware enough to move around (not cowering in fear) then he might work. D'Oh ! I had my garrote in my hand. *sighs* So I figured what the hell and just started putting out smoke and killing everyone under cover. Some of the scientists still gave me the subdue option so I did that to those and when everyone was dead, I picked one of them and drug him all the way up the stairs to the bomb room and stuffed him in the last container. Didn't show me the 15/15 so I figured I failed thanks to that one guy stuck in the stairs so I just went across the bridge, killed the evidence and left. I guess I was hoping for some double rainbow that I could get to the main menu, start the R&D spot over and still be at 14/15.

I was shocked to see that the challenge had been marked off. I did it. Somehow.

God, I need a drink ...