Failed to initialize DirectX. The game requires a DirectX10-capable graphics card.

Hitman:Absolution Sapphire Radeon 7950

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 vove

vove

Pickpocket

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 22 December 2012 - 04:14 AM

Hi,
is there any solution to this error? I read people are reinstalling graphics drivers or installing SP1 to Windows 7 and it works, but it doesn't solve the problem for me. I also tried different configurations in CCC and running it in Windows Vista compatibility mode, but then also no success. I'm have steam version of Hitman: Absolution that I received from AMD "Never Settle" promo. I have fresh original Windows7+SP1 (I've got Windows with SP1 version as 2 in 1, I didn't install SP as an update) with all the updates installed. My graphic card is Sapphire Radeon 7950 Vapor-X.

DxDiag log:

Spoiler

Please, if anyone solved this issue tell me what have you done :)

#2 Captain Steve

Captain Steve

Thug

• Tech Support Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6131 posts

Posted 23 December 2012 - 06:21 AM

What verison of the game are you using; Steam or retail copy?

Also; please remove any virtual drives, as they can lead to issues with technichal support availability.
Posted Image
Hey guys, here are some screenshots of my lvl 31 Imperial character masturbating in a forest
Captain Steve: Voted 2nd "Most Awesome" forum member 1 yrs. running.
Captain Steve: Voted Biggest e-Penis 1 yrs. running. At least I'm endowed somehow.

#3 vove

vove

Pickpocket

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 02:20 AM

With or without the virtual drive problem persists :( As I wrote it's a steam version. The game can't locate the directX libraries. I've tried RubixCubed's solution from other forum http://forums.eidosg...22&postcount=25 he advises to add paths to Windows', it worked for some people, but again didn't solve the issue for me, tho the directx files are inside the folder. I'm clueless.

At first I thought there is a conflict between the integrated graphics and dedicated graphic card, but I've double checked it in BIOS and Radeon is set as a primary card.

Edited by vove, 25 December 2012 - 02:22 AM.

#4 MortifiedAlbino

MortifiedAlbino

Silent Assassin

• Tech Support Staff
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1192 posts

Posted 25 December 2012 - 06:56 AM

Longshot, but try installing the latest directx redist?

Do you have http://support.amd.c...betadriver.aspx ?
Antec P180 | Silverstone Strider 600W | ASUS Maximus V Gene | Intel i5-3570K 4.7GHz [Noctua NH-U12P SE2] | 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3-2000 9-10-9-24-1T | Sapphire HD 4890 1GB 960MHz | SyncMaster 2433BW 1920X1200 | Razer Lachesis | Razer Sphex | Sennheiser HD-555 | SupremeFX III | Samsung Spinpoint F3 | Windows 7 Professional SP1 X64

The Technical FAQ - Has solutions and optimizations for Blood Money.
The Graphics Card Guide - If you�re buying a new Graphics card, make sure to give this a read.

#5 vove

vove

Pickpocket

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 04:57 AM

I've just installed the beta drivers and nothing. Is there any significant difference between the ones with .NET support and without?

As for DirectX I use Windows 7 so it's installed by default and I only install additional components when asked by the game, is there any possibility to install all the components at once in Windows 7? Reinstall is not possible.

#6 Captain Steve

Captain Steve

Thug

• Tech Support Staff
  • 6131 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 05:16 AM

You may try using the Steam Beta rollback for Hitman; some people had issues with the patch, so Eidos put in a Steam Beta that is the game without the patch.
Posted Image
Hey guys, here are some screenshots of my lvl 31 Imperial character masturbating in a forest
Captain Steve: Voted Biggest e-Penis 1 yrs. running. At least I'm endowed somehow.

#7 vove

vove

Pickpocket

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 08:29 AM

You may try using the Steam Beta rollback for Hitman; some people had issues with the patch, so Eidos put in a Steam Beta that is the game without the patch.

you mean "launch_433_1_ - Launch Day Version"? Which one is it? There is like 8 different betas for hitman :)

#8 Captain Steve

Captain Steve

Thug

• Tech Support Staff
  • 6131 posts

Posted 29 December 2012 - 06:35 PM

Launch day I feel. Start back from the beginning, when things were fresh and un-touched.
Posted Image

#9 vove

vove

Pickpocket

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 December 2012 - 04:53 AM

Launch day version gives the same error. I've opened ticket at square enix, lets see what they will say. It's pity I've received 3 games together with my graphics card and only FarCry 3 works properly, Sleeping Dogs and Hitman have issues square enix cannot solve. I'm starting to think AMD chose those games on purpose to force them to work on the problem, more people should open the tickets. I went through forums and there are like hundred posts regarding both Hitman's and Slepping Dogs' errors :( Well, if someone has any idea that might help I would very much appreciate. If support manages to solve my problem I will post an info and give you heads up.

#10 bebomaniac

bebomaniac

Pickpocket

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 11:35 AM

Your dxdiag report shows you are having the same issue that I had: your DDI-version is 9Ex. So somehow your graphics card is regarded as being capable of providing directx 9 functionality only.

The DDI version must be at least 10.1, otherwise Hitman will not run. The only thing that helped me - sad but true - was a complete reinstall of my system.

http://www.hitmanfor...-graphics-card/

#11 kriskris

kriskris

Pickpocket

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 April 2013 - 07:02 AM

I have the same problem. I have W7 64bit, SP1, graphic card is ATI Radeon X1250, and processor is Amd Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual-Core Processor TK-57 (2 CPUs),~1,9 GHz. Does any one know how to solve this?

#12 Captain Steve

Captain Steve

Thug

• Tech Support Staff
  • 6131 posts

Posted 21 April 2013 - 10:12 AM

I have the same problem. I have W7 64bit, SP1, graphic card is ATI Radeon X1250, and processor is Amd Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual-Core Processor TK-57 (2 CPUs),~1,9 GHz. Does any one know how to solve this?

You fix it by getting a card that supports DirectX10 at least. If your card does not support Direct10, no Hitman for you.

Posted Image

#13 kriskris

kriskris

Pickpocket

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 01:14 AM

You fix it by getting a card that supports DirectX10 at least. If your card does not support Direct10, no Hitman for you.

Does Intel HD Graphics supports it?

#14 Captain Steve

Captain Steve

Thug

• Tech Support Staff
  • 6131 posts

Posted 24 April 2013 - 03:53 AM

Does Intel HD Graphics supports it?

Some do, some don't. I wouldn't purchase any laptop though with Intel HD Graphics and expect to actually play any Triple-A titles well. Half the system issues on these boards are problems with Intel HD Graphics. They only support games in theory, and have real world results that are questionable.

Posted Image