Why do people seem to hate Hitman: Absolution so much?

• Please log in to reply
82 replies to this topic

#41 Schiller aka Pmodgill

Schiller aka Pmodgill

Professional

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:28 PM

unless you have arbitrary mana to use.

The game is just unfun, change the disguise system, change the level design, 90% Blood Money/Contract levels and then the game is back on track.

YOU JUST NAILED IT. THIS IS EXACTLY WHATS WRONG WITH ABSOLUTION - ARBITRARY MANA

hahahahhahahhahah

Edited by Schiller aka Pmodgill, 04 April 2013 - 01:29 PM.

"At the next Hitman game coming, they tried a person in charge with passion and balls to rethink (Not me), but alas he was removed and K & L management has taken over. It does not bode well for IO and Hitman's future." -- Former IOI employee "Voodooman"

See User Scores Urself, don't be fooled by Graphics, 6.6 Average Rating. An utter failure and Death of a fantastic Franchise. RIP HITMAN FRANCHISE 2000-2006. LONG LIVE THE KING, THE KING IS DEAD

#42 Quinn

Quinn

Shadow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3041 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 01:55 PM

Nice to see you are still incapable of stringing a coherent sentence together, Pmod.

Please check out my Hitman Absolution compositions -

http://www.hitmanfor...cored-by-quinn/

#43 Mads47

Mads47

Death strikes from within

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1104 posts

Posted 04 April 2013 - 02:10 PM

You have few things in a big mess over there brother. 

Truly speaking, from bottom of my heart, Some levels GRAPHICALLY, were astonishing. When i saw the size of DEXTER LABS, i thought THIS IS IT, or when DIANA at the start says "YOU"R OWN YOUR ON NOW 47" or something along those lines. I had adrenaline rush in me. Sadly, it was short-lived. what followed was pathetic Cover-SHOOTER, which occasional GENIUS (OCCASIONAL as in 5%). 

But when you say ABSOLUTION IS BETTER THEN BLOOD MONEY, i think you just need to look at general public response. People didn't generally dig absolution. they did dig blood money though. Same, Bloody Money wasn't THE BEST HITMAN, i think for me it was SA and CONTRACTS. but BM is MILES, i mean FUCKING MILESSSS ahead of Absolution, just imagine how many miles CONTRACTS & SA is ahead of ABSOLUTION. 

Simply, it all boils down to this "REPLAYABILITY". For me absolution was, Finish This STORY MODE (Like COD), onto MULTIPLAYER (CONTRACTS). lol. and what, now we have MONEY to spend on stupid perks or weapons and upgrades, with a RIDICULOUS POINT system in story mode. Sadly, this game sucks, i only played it so much due to my LOVE for HITMAN, i still love it. 

Even after 4 months of my initial flaming and trolling, fights with quinn etc. heel turn of choronzon (haha). whatever, it was. Even now i think IOI has missed it BIG FUCKING TIME. 

EIDOS is pulling all the strings here folks. just last night, Squeenix head gave Eidos boss a promotion (BIG ONE) and there is going to be a helluva restructuring. Just Imagine, Squeenix said TOMB RAIDER was a failure as it sold 3.4 Million. You can imagine that Hitman Absolution was a failure to them again. they did however predict they wud sell 5 million HITMAN. I am sure, there is TROUBLE BREWING in IO Headquarters. 

Dont be surprised when VERY SOON, you see people departing from IOI and maybe, they might even shut down IOI. Considering Squeenix said (HITMAN WAS A FAILURE) and they needed more Pull from the franchise. Not to mention, in their Report SQueenix mentioned that a lot of Hitman games were sold on a DISCOUNT, which in turn forced squeenix to pay the retailers back on the extra money they lost. HITMAN 6 with squeenix montreal. looks like IOI will be DEAD VERY SOON. 

UNLESS UNLESS UNLESS. 

They have one last HURRAY with Hitman 7, and bring a SANDBOX KILLER GAME, something along the LINES of SILENT ASSASSIN & CONTRACTS (i am sure EVERY FUCKING ONE will agree with that)

Well first off, when Blood Money was released it was flamed to death on this very forum, just like Absolution. And no i do not need to look at a general public response to find out that i prefer Absolution over
Blood Money. Absolution got alot of replayability (in my case). And second things i think you miss understod Squar Enix, they did not think it was a failur, they admiddet they had to high expectations for both Absolution, Tomb Raider and Sleeping Dogs, which was why they was let down by the sales. Absolution (3.6 mil, this is with out Digital Downloads) sold more then both Sleeping Dogs and Tomb Raider. And 3.6 mil is not a low number for a game which franchise have been away for 6 years. 

it is fine, that you think this game is a pile of racon shit. But stop posting bullshit, it is getting annoying. You are alowed to have an opinion, just like me and ever body els,

but if i was you, i would find another tone. Insted of making a rant full of CAPSLOCK and condescending words, because you should be able to get your point across, with having to flash your E-penis.

Oh and stop speaking for the "hardcore fan" / every Hitman fan, because there alot of Hitman fans that have stayed wit the franchise since the beging that likes Absolution (and i'm one of them).

Don't count on Io-interactive is closing, and nother thing is that in the game industry people leave all the time. It is part of the job, you seek out projects, you
work on one and then most people leave unless they are hired to work on another projects for the same company.

I started this disgusion and i'm going to end it, because it wont lead any where.

Edited by Mads47, 04 April 2013 - 02:22 PM.

ih2hzs.png

"This room. This Bullet. There's a bullet for everyone. And a time and a place. An end. Yes, maybe this is how it has to be. Inspector, you've obviously learned too much about me. I can't have that. Even in my death- Agent 47 

She put the lime in the coconut, she drank them both up, She put the lime in the coconut, she called the doctor, woke him up, And said, "Doctor, ain't there nothin' I can take

#44 Dev J Chand

Dev J Chand

Silent Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1340 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 12:34 AM

All you FANBOYISH people can talk the talk. but i have got something clear. I have got 100% Achievements on X360, two playthroughs, Platinum on Ps3 1 account, 75% on 2nd account. 

I have played absolution straight up for 10 days when it was released, SHOCKINGLY, i played it less then SNIPER CHALLENGE. 

I went back to Hitman 2: Silent Assassin (PC), many times many, sometimes panning three different laptops, 5 desktops, over span of 7 years.

Hitman: Contracts(PC) same , went back to it and replayed it so many times i cant even Count. 

Hitman: Bloody money, (Ps2, PC, X360) . Replayed it on each platform, numerous times. I was playing Blood Money on x360 from 2006 till 2012, until absolution came out. I always used to go back to it. 

And now its HITMAN HD COLLECTION, on Ps3, all over again. playing it and loving it immensely. 

HITMAN: Absolution???? i even forgot that came out, what a TRASH. allright, i played for 10 days straight, but nothing, i mean NOTHING has even convinced me to take the dust off that piece of trash. 

The genius of "TRADITIONS OF THE TRADE" formula is down the fucking toilet in Absolution. I admit, after reading the thread i picked up my Absolution Game, put in my ps3, just about 15 minutes ago, played Blackwater Park level. And thought. "MAN, I wish all the fucking 20 levels in this game was like this" At least, we can roam around, look for clues. Have someone to "KILL" But OH, you just get SAD when you think. WAIT , WHAT. this game has maybe , 3 LEVELS OF SANDBOX. i just said, fuck this. back to HD COLLECTION. . . . . . . . . Where was i. ahhhhhhh, the lovely Anathema and some Beldingford Manor. What genius levels. Makes Absolution look like TRASH.

HAIL THE KING, THE KING IS DEAD. 

Ahh, it's nice to see pmodgill in all his glory. :P

Seriously, if you can't post properly, and avoid overusing Caps Lock, why did you even bother coming back? Good that you got banned, though.

editingimages2.jpg

"I wondered how far could this go, before I could stop him. There was no way a imposter could remain that long in the gray darkness..."
*hears sudden movement, some weird sounds*
"Huh? Who was it?"
* hears some instruments in the distance, fading to the distant urban jungle*

#45 DeadlyShadow47

DeadlyShadow47

Shadow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2245 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:05 AM

Makes me lol when I see people(tho. that's only few) saying "I prefer Absolution over BM" - am... WHAT THE ACTUAL F**K, seriously?? I suggest it's because they are in love with SA so they like SOME similar design decisions from it that are put in Absolution, but still - SA is lightyears ahead of Absolution, same with Blood Money, same with... EVERY Hitman game(not counting C47 since it way too old in every way)?.. I know it's all about personal preferences, but DAMN...
My Rig is ready for Hitman 6
--------------------------------------------
Intel® Core™ i5-3570k OC @ 4.2 GHz
Gigabyte GTX 760 OC 2GB GDDR5 rev 2.0
8GB DDR3 @ 1600 MHz

Also check out my Hitman Pro/SA/SO speedruns channel: http://www.youtube.com/DeadlyShadow47

#46 Cold Shadow

Cold Shadow

♣♦Straight Edge Saviour♥��

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12974 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 06:08 AM

^It's still an opinion though. There's no game better than the other. Hell, if we want to go tech wise, then Absolution wins hands down even with the annoying checkpoints. However, technology used isn't what makes the game great either. So let's just say that it's fine to like/ hate whatever Hitman game you want as long as you don't do as pmod did and enforce your opinion on others by placing your view as fact and other's views as something less. :)

I believe that many people have agreed what Absolution got right/ wrong and with the new generation hardware coming out, hopefully it can be done.

Edited by Cold Shadow, 05 April 2013 - 06:09 AM.

Posted Image

#47 grupposcaloddi

grupposcaloddi

Thug

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 06:20 AM

Because they didn't play it on purist mode on the firts run.

#48 No Witnesses

No Witnesses

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 547 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 02:47 PM

Because they didn't play it on purist mode on the firts run.

I did, and to be fair, I didn't hate the game. But its a huge step backwards in the franchise and inferior to all other Hitman games.

Hey, guys, check this out.

Spoiler

#49 Mr.Pink.

Mr.Pink.

I don't tip...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1740 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 03:29 PM

I really don't bother comparing H:A with other Hitman games, because basically it's like it came from a whole entirely different video game series.

Like you cannot compare Birds and Monkeys because they come from different animal families, or you can't compare Halo with Heavy Rain because they both come from different genres, this is how Absolution is different from the past 4 Hitman games IMO.

650b3b4ba484fb232d41d46e767d1dff-d5y1qaq

#50 Killjoke

Killjoke

Henchman

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 180 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 04:38 PM

I really don't bother comparing H:A with other Hitman games, because basically it's like it came from a whole entirely different video game series.

Like you cannot compare Birds and Monkeys because they come from different animal families, or you can't compare Halo with Heavy Rain because they both come from different genres, this is how Absolution is different from the past 4 Hitman games IMO.

It is more similar to a Hollywood remake than being of a different breed. It is very clearly the same basic idea being reused but with very different style of direction. It's a Hitman game but from a director with different tastes.

Actually, what it reminds me the most of is Aliens 3, which is a disastrous failure to capitalise on the very successful Aliens 2 (comparable to Blood Money). Aliens 2 introduced lots of cool ideas to the Alien lore. Pulse rifles for one. Aliens 3 was pretty much completely lacking in cool guns which missed out on what made Aliens 2 a smash hit. YOU HAD A GOLDEN CONCEPT, HOW COULD YOU FAIL TO REUSE IT PROPERLY FOR THE NEXT FILM!? Heads must have rolled.

#51 Festus

Festus

Expert

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 707 posts

Posted 05 April 2013 - 07:37 PM

Those who would defend Absolution compare it to H2 and talk about hardware limitations , and how the next gen systems will fix anything that held Absolution back.

There are a lot of things I don't like about Absolution, but I'll give you one thing that is hard to defend the game for: Magic Pockets. It utterly erodes the idea of being a hitman and ruins everything previously evolved and developed in other Hitman games. Smuggling in weapons was a big part of gameplay in Contracts and Blood Money. And in H2 you couldn't walk around with a rifle or shotgun in most publics places. But... TA-DAAAA, now you can. No more metal detectors. It just plain cripples the experience. It's also hypocritical that you can carry a sniper rifle in your pocket but you cannot carry more than one weapon in contracts mode, and that there's no pre-mission load out.

It's really hard to imagine how they thought magic pockets was a good game mechanic. Fucking stupid, and I rarely swear in a forum.

#52 DeadlyShadow47

DeadlyShadow47

Shadow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2245 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 02:14 AM

Actually, what it reminds me the most of is Aliens 3, which is a disastrous failure to capitalise on the very successful Aliens 2 (comparable to Blood Money). Aliens 2 introduced lots of cool ideas to the Alien lore.

Very well said, Killjoke :)

My Rig is ready for Hitman 6
--------------------------------------------
Intel® Core™ i5-3570k OC @ 4.2 GHz
Gigabyte GTX 760 OC 2GB GDDR5 rev 2.0
8GB DDR3 @ 1600 MHz

Also check out my Hitman Pro/SA/SO speedruns channel: http://www.youtube.com/DeadlyShadow47

#53 Quinn

Quinn

Shadow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3041 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 02:18 AM

I don't care what anyone says, Alien3 was phenomenal and a great way to end the series.
Please check out my Hitman Absolution compositions -

http://www.hitmanfor...cored-by-quinn/

#54 RabidWesmann

RabidWesmann

Thug

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 06 April 2013 - 07:40 PM

I thought Hitman SA was the best. I am a long time Hitman fan, I bought it on day one. Same with, Contracts, Blood Money and Absolution. In all honesty, Hitman Absolution didn't change the formula, it just returned to the old roots (I will admit it felt like I was playing as Sam Fisher sometimes). I personally love getting into high security places. I love the actual hits too. I guess this is why I like every Hitman, and don't curse people out for liking one more than the other.

"Tom, you see that guy? His opinion is different!!!11 Get him!!!"

Edited by RabidWesmann, 06 April 2013 - 07:41 PM.

#55 Saint_McCarthy

Saint_McCarthy

Saint

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 02:46 AM

I like Absolution. I like all Hitman games. However, there are some things to fix, and some other things to remove like the magic pockets.

Now here's the important part, there are two main fanbases of the Hitman series and a dozen of minor ones (such as the people that still think Codename 47 is easily the best Hitman game of the franchise):

Count me in the minor Contracts fanbase. I think that Hitman: Contracts was the right way, it had a fantastic level design, the disguise system was well balanced, the atmosphere and art design were outstanding, along with the music and sound effects. How do I put this? It felt like a solid experience in all senses. The briefings, the targets, the locations, the situations, the disturbing side-stories, the morbid details, the suspense... all of it. It just needed two or three infiltration levels, I believe that kind of levels are necessary to keep things varied.
Hitman Contracts was almost perfect. Blood Money just took another direction with those big levels, without locations full of hostiles to shoot you on sight, less sense of suspense and danger, less opressive atmosphere... things like that.

Absolution has some details related to past games, but I think it's on its own path.

Posted Image

#56 Mr.Pink.

Mr.Pink.

I don't tip...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1740 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 03:13 AM

My problem is that they umffed off Contracts and forgot about it, the mechanics and concept had so much potential.

Imagine a Hitman: Contracts with next gen graphics, more levels, weapon custumization, same disguise system (The best in the series), and video mission breifings, which BTW I miss those little vids that were in Hitman 1 and 2.

It would be the perfect Hitman game.

Contracts will always be my favorite.

Edited by Mr. ME, 07 April 2013 - 03:16 AM.

650b3b4ba484fb232d41d46e767d1dff-d5y1qaq

#57 sgg847

sgg847

Shadow

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2152 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 07:14 AM

So much hate between people because of the boring game... :(

Spoiler

37635e701989.jpg

------ Never Surrender ------

Gamepad settings for PC

#58 RabidWesmann

RabidWesmann

Thug

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:37 AM

Edited by RabidWesmann, 07 April 2013 - 09:42 AM.

#59 RabidWesmann

RabidWesmann

Thug

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 09:40 AM

I like Absolution. I like all Hitman games. However, there are some things to fix, and some other things to remove like the magic pockets.

Count me in the minor Contracts fanbase. I think that Hitman: Contracts was the right way, it had a fantastic level design, the disguise system was well balanced, the atmosphere and art design were outstanding, along with the music and sound effects. How do I put this? It felt like a solid experience in all senses. The briefings, the targets, the locations, the situations, the disturbing side-stories, the morbid details, the suspense... all of it. It just needed two or three infiltration levels, I believe that kind of levels are necessary to keep things varied.
Hitman Contracts was almost perfect. Blood Money just took another direction with those big levels, without locations full of hostiles to shoot you on sight, less sense of suspense and danger, less opressive atmosphere... things like that.

Absolution has some details related to past games, but I think it's on its own path.

True. When I was playing Blood Money I missed the dark and grimy atmosphere of, say, the Meat King's Party. A New Life in Blood Money was a good level, don't get me wrong, but I found it incredibly stupid and cheesy IMO

#60 Dev J Chand

Dev J Chand

Silent Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1340 posts

Posted 07 April 2013 - 10:05 AM

True. When I was playing Blood Money I missed the dark and grimy atmosphere of, say, the Meat King's Party. A New Life in Blood Money was a good level, don't get me wrong, but I found it incredibly stupid and cheesy IMO

Well, that's what most of Blood Money was in terms of atmosphere: cheesy to the point of unbelievable, with some American stereotypes thrown in. Along with the decaying urban area feel in some levels(The Murder Of Crows backalleys and backyards) that resembled some of Kane and Lynch's gloomy and grimy parts.

Edited by Dev J Chand, 07 April 2013 - 10:05 AM.

editingimages2.jpg

"I wondered how far could this go, before I could stop him. There was no way a imposter could remain that long in the gray darkness..."
*hears sudden movement, some weird sounds*
"Huh? Who was it?"
* hears some instruments in the distance, fading to the distant urban jungle*