Ask HMF Anything

Can someone explain what monetization is, I can’t seem to understand the definition given by google

I think it means for example: If you sell a collection of some sort, like games, records/cd’s etc and getting money for it, you have then converted your collection into money and that is monetization :smiley:.

I also used Google :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:, because this word was way over my basic knowledge of english :flushed:.

Is it only me or can I not change the title or category of threads anymore ?
@ampburner You got any idea about this ?

You and other non-regular members like yourself, sure.

Wait, How, I was a regular
@Watson @Jarbinger
Has somebody taken away my regular status ?

There is a penalty for necrobumping. :kissing_heart::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Kappa.

I gotta speak what’s on my mind

Well I said kappa but keep doing what you wanna do. I have no idea what happened if you lost your status. Usually you lose that status after a suspension. So I’m clueless.

I didn’t get suspended

c

I know you didn’t get suspended. If you did, many would have celebratory spam-free gif threads weeks on weeks.
Lol.

go-away

Gif
Gif
Gif

I don’t know how, but I can see why.

Ps, I post that gif one time, then you “steal” it and totally destroy any kind of humour that goes with it. Stale. :roll_eyes:

Anyways…

There’s a chart for this IIRC. 5 flag-hidden posts in 100 days, not visiting in 50 out of 100 days, not getting 10 likes and giving 20 in 100 days… any of those is a possible cause.

None of my concern as to why Burn lost it. I don’t remember him behaving inappropiately lately other than necrobumping. And even so, there is one guy that did it too, twice as worse.

Edit: my mistake. Burn disoriented me by changing his profile picture. Yes, he has been necrobumping just about as much as Markie was before his suspention for the same reason.

In Hokkaido, what is the “non-descriptive Card” in the directors office for? I’ve never used it nor figured out what it’s for since I don’t play with opportunities on if by chance, it’s linked to one of them.

Anyone?

Does this help?

Yep, perfect. Had no idea that it’s specofically for that.

And now I know. :smile:
Thanks!!

I think @immadummee47 meant that bumping up old threads should only be done if you have someting useful to add to the old discussion, a useless comment just to necro bump a thread so it will be at the top of this forum can come back and bite you in your a** :smiley: .

It already has

Or if you have done this a lot, this could also be the reason why your regular status is gone.
Or maybe you haven’t achieved one or more of this in 100 days:

Regular (3)

Regulars are the most active readers and reliable contributors over long periods of time.

They can get to trust level 3 by…

This is time and activity based, unlike the previous levels. In the last 100 days…

must have visited at least 50% of days
must have replied to at least 10 different topics
of topics created in the last 100 days, must have viewed 25% (capped at 500)
of posts created in the last 100 days, must have read 25% (capped at 20k)
must have received 20 likes, and given 30 likes.*
must not have received more than 5 spam or offensive flags (with unique posts and unique users for each, confirmed by a moderator)
must not have been suspended

• These likes must be across a minimum number of different users (1/5 the number), across a minimum number of different days (1/4 the number). Likes cannot be from PMs.

It’s because I got flagged by 7 users