Assassins Creed: Origins

Probably unpopular opinion, but I liked Rouge better over Assassins Creed 4. The story was way better imo, and that ending where you kill Arnos father from Unity is dark.

Also I’m kind of happy that the naval combat is just travel, I always preferred land over sea, and I thought 4 did it too much. Assassin’s Creed 4 is great though.

“In 2017-18 we will see the exciting returns of Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, The Crew and South Park,” CEO Yves Guillemot said in a statement.

I actually loved the naval battles in black flag, BUT, I do not wish to have another game of it. 1 was more than enough for me. Even the game with shay got a little old afterwards.

I just got an email from Ubisoft (re: assassin creed) and it showed only this:

“The exciting return of The Crew” is not a sentence I expected to hear.

A new far cry tho. Can’t wait for that. I want to be a gun slinging, bomb toting bad ass again <3

Not AC, but a fake made video teaser trailer. Looks damn good and I’d take this any day as an ac game. Hehe.

Will we see actual gameplay footage at E3?

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/assasins-creed-origins-release-date-leaked/

More details about this new Assassin’s Creed game were revealed via GameInformer. According to the magazine, players will be able to ride a camel, dive underwater, equip themselves with a shield and use it so they can deflect arrows (and reuse them).

A loot system with rare/epic/legendary weapons will also be present, and the game will feature an RPG leveling system inspired by Final Fantasy X. Moreover, the game will focus on tomb-raiding with 20 tombs to explore with puzzles, and will feature an eco system with animals interacting and attacking each other.

The game’s level cap will be 40 and there will be unlimited inventory space. Quests be activated in different ways and have recommended levels, and players can pursue multiple missions at one time. Different types of bows include a bow that shoots multiple arrows at once, and different types of swords include abilities poisoning or setting enemies on fire on contact.

Last but not least, players will be able to make choices like whether or not to kill the final boss in the Gladiator battles.

I won’t provide a source because it’s taken from a polish website and I just translated everything myself.

• Rumored premiere date is October 27th.
  • There is no mini-map, there is a compass
  • Game takes place during Cleopatra’s reign
  • You can climb every building
  • There are multiple towns
  • Players can control an eagle to discover new places on the map
  • There is a night and day cycle and NPCs live by their own schedule (sleep, work etc)
  • Complete overhaul of AI and combat, enemies are said not to attack you politely one by one anymore
  • Right bumper and trigger are used for combat and attacks generate adrenaline, which you can use to deal a strong blow
  • Riddles and puzzles are said to be more challenging
  • There are three leveling paths, Seek, Warrior and Hunter
  • Bayek is not the only playable character.

Well, what do you know, I’m actually interested in an Assassin’s Creed game, what a time to be alive.

Looks like we’re going to see how the Brotherhood was created, as it was already established as far back as the Crusades.

I wonder if the Templars are going to be in this one, with an evil plot to put an eye on the top of a pyramid. Or, if the actions of the protagonist cause a splinter faction of the Brotherhood to form the Order of the Knight’s Templar. Historically, they were created in the Crusades, not before the birth of Christ.

But can there really be an Assassin’s Creed game without Templars?

I’m only super excited to see this new combat. Finally no more 1 or 2 eneamies attacking in succession. It will be like the Witcher and be really free flowing and have multi attacking and keep battles fun and exciting and intense.

Yes! But I hope with this change that the counter-attack animations are not messed up and are still as smooth and seamless as Assassin’s Creed 1.

Well considering that they are making a completely nee game engine, I’m sure it will be incorporated with its animations and all new combat system. When they said they are looking to go more like Witcher combat, that just gets me excited cuz I know how good that combat was and I know Ubisoft can make good combat.

I’m not sure on how I feel about it tho. I don’t know if I really want to see them going that far back. I believe that the storylines have done good at integrating real life events with the presence of the assassin’s creed, because assassin’s creed 1 gave a pretty good “hollywoodistic” unrealistic foundation but still based on real events. But for them to go back in time? I don’t know. That would require ingenious storywriting I think. The muslims that created the assassin’s creed were not a thing until the 11th century. You know this, you said this too. In fact, I have heard arguments (that I thiknk are pretty far fetched and likely false) that claim “stealth” was not a thing before them either.

They can go back in any time. That’s the whole purpose of the animus. To not go back “that far” is actually not assassins creed. And any hardcore ac fan would totally disagree with you as I have done. The past, any time, is what makes assassins creed, assassins creed. They are everywhere and in ever time, past, future and present.

And to find out (and play in) when the brotherhood originated, is every hardcore ac fans dream.

So I can’t wait until this gets revealed at E3. I’m so pumped about it. Totally pissed off they missed a year of ac.

that is far fetched and very false indeed.

I’m pretty sure Judas Iscariot was stealthy. Unless you mean stealth in the military sense, in which case the Trojan army was pretty sneaky with that horse gift.

But I agree that going that far back might be too far because back then a lot of what made the assassins what they are today probably wouldn’t exist. The technology of the hidden blade, the free running techniques, even the irrigation knowledge to grow the hay for their leaps of faith probably wouldn’t be around back then.

But this could be an opportunity to see where those things originated, and see how the order was created all those years ago in the height of the Roman and Egyptian empires. We might even get to hear about Julius Caesar’s assassination or Jesus Christ’s arrest - the ancient equivalent of modern affairs. I suspect the reason they’re going so far back is because as the games progressed, so too did the times they lived in. And in Syndicate we reached the Victorian Era. Beyond that, you’re starting to get into the modern part of history so I think they ran out of timeline to play with.

I’m also interested to see if the Modern Day Segment of the plot deals with Juno (naturally the answers will lie in Ancient Egypt) and who the main character is going to be. The plot seems to have died along with Desmond Miles.

I wonder if I will play the new ac with a SA mindset. Meaning no non target kills. Lol.