I discovered the solution to the problem. The problem is the install order.
Much like many of you, I bought the Xbox One Disk Version. I had never played before prior in any fashion. I would start the game and Colorado and the bonus episodes would say “Get Access”. I would click it and it would prompt me to buy. The bonus episodes would prompt me to buy it for $399.99. I was getting angry because I had the update like support is talking about. I clicked update now every single time. Yet, my Colorado kept saying it was 10MB. Something is clearly wrong. Everyone is saying re-install. I un-installed all and re-installed about 5-6 times to no avail.
Finally I got angry and watched it install… then I discovered the problem. It’s not actually installing the 22 GB update or the process is broken. When you click update now, it causes the system to stop installing the main game wrapper (white icon logo) and starts installing Paris etc. I saw this and manual put the white background hitman icon to install first again with the hamburger button. When that finished, it finally moved to the bonus episodes and actually started installing data! Same with Colorado! The updates or something is messed up in the install order. They need to fix it. My guess is the PS4 version doesn’t have the same problem given how they handle installs and updates. It would also explain why support seems confused. I found a way around it.
In short, to solve:
- UNISTALL ALL from My Games & Apps. Do it using the hamburger button. Don’t actually go into the detailed view.
- Eject the disk and re-insert (or just click dashboard icon)
- Game will start installing. Go to Hitman in my games & apps and watch the install.
- Game will say it will need 22 GB update. Click update now.
- At some point, the install will randomly jump to Paris for no reason. Do not let it install that yet. Hamburger button the white logo icon, click install now.
- White hitman logo will start installing/downloading again. At a point, you will be prompted to download a 3GB update. Click update now.
- If it tries to jump to Paris or another icon, manual set the white icon to install once again until it completes.
- Let the white hitman icon install from disk and download the 3GB update. Don’t let it jump off of here.
- After it finishes totally, it will automatically move on to Paris, etc. Let it do its thing.
- Watch when it gets to the Bonus episode. If it starts installing 11GB, you are golden.
- Watch the Colorado install. If it installs 7GB instead of the 10MB it was always doing, you are set.
- You should now have access. ENJOY!
EVEN SHORTER: WATCH THE INSTALL. ENSURE THE WHITE HITMAN ICON FINISHES INSTALLING IN FULL FROM DISK & 3GB UPDATE FIRST BEFORE INDIVIDUAL MISSIONS INSTALL. If you have been having problems, it is because the install has been randomly jumping to individual episodes before the white logo completion. If it fully installs, then the Colorado and Bonus episodes should install in full instead of the small 10 MB file. Enjoy!