Discourse 101

His posts have been deleted, I guess he was seeking “revenge”. But this is not the bad behavior / trolling thread.

…Which I no longer have access to. Just thought I’d ask why he was suspended here.

Anyways I’ll leave it at that since it would seem you boys have already discussed this at length.

Stop stealing my gifs

You mean like this.

The requirements for Regular are based off a 100 day rolling period so if you are absent, go quiet, or get flagged a bit you’ll fall off until those requirements are met again.

We can manually set people’s trust level and lock it in place, but we don’t really do that and if we did we’d let you know.

I’ve been a “member” for ages now. Too many flagged posts. I think you can’t have more than 2 or 3 flagged posts in a 100 day period (amongst other things) so it’ll be a while until we are both back in the Cool Kids’ Club.

It’s a maximum of five posts flagged by up to five different members. Of course, the flags must be approved by staff as usual.

So is undoing your like on a post gone now?

Can’t wait for 50 more people to think it’s okay to insult me because I liked a post I saw when I was tired to the point my brain wasn’t working properly.

I just liked and unliked your post, works on my desktop.

Must be a limited time thing then. I can unlike your post straight after I like it but can’t do it to other posts I’ve liked earlier.

I dunno, whatever. Forget I even mentioned it then.

How do we blur out spoilers?
Thanks.

[spoiler]text, picture or video you will blur out.[/spoiler ] without the gap between the last letter and the ]

Thank you :slight_smile:

Just registered. Wanna create a topic. How do I add videos and music players here? When i embed the code it shows nothing in preview.

Welcome to the forum, before you create topics, please use the search function, we have threads about almost everything :smiley:.

Here is what a user with 0 trust level can’t or can do.

New (0)

Discourse does not quite trust new users yet, as they are visitors who just created an account, still learning the community norms and the way your forum works. Whether accidentally, or intentionally, new users can cause problems in your community.

We also want to hide any so-called “advanced” functionality from new users to make the UI less confusing for them and gently land them on the deeper UI as they get more experienced.

Thus, new users’ abilities are restricted for safety – both theirs and yours.

Users at trust level 0 cannot…

Send private messages to other users
Reply as new topic in the right gutter (UI removed)
Flag posts
Post more than 1 image
Post any attachments
Post more than 2 hyperlinks in a post
Have actual links in the ‘about me’ field of their profile (will be silently and temporarily converted to plain text)
Mention more than 2 users in a post

I notice my embedded videos showing properly if I press enter after the link/do a line change

Thanks, but I am trust level 1. And still hoping someone will advise

Youtube, yes. But something like this?

<object width="578" height="31"><param name="movie" value="http://embedpleer.net/small/track?id=B2tyktBpqbwBhk7&t=grey"></param><embed src="http://embedpleer.net/small/track?id=B2tyktBpqbwBhk7&t=grey" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="578" height="31"></embed></object><br>