Elusive Target #2 The Congressman (Re-Activation) Dec. 1st

i think this et is gonna be delayed

Why? 2020202020202020202202020

Revisiting The Congressman by sending him a BC & FE. Lunch is served. :smirk:

The Congressman wanted to report me to the police but I gave him the fiberwire treatment instead:

The clock is ticking… Get ready for the second Elusive Target Re-activation! The Congressman will be in Sapienza for 10 days starting at 2pm CET on Friday 1st December.
Elusive Targets are the closest thing to the Hitman fantasy that we’ve ever created; a unique target that you’ll only have one chance to eliminate. If you kill them or fail the contract, there will be no second chances. When you’re actually playing the contract, the Elusive Target will not appear on the map and will not appear in Instinct. In order to find them, you’ll need to use clues from the briefing video and a photograph that you will be able to review. You’ll need to explore, find your target, learn their patterns and come up with a plan to eliminate them – all whilst playing.
If you missed any Elusive Targets the first time around, or if you are new to HITMAN, this is your chance to experience these intense time-limited targets. All of the suit unlocks are back in play for both new and existing players to complete their collection. If you’ve already completed or failed an Elusive Target, you won’t be able to play that specific contract again; your record for that contract will stand and cannot be altered. Re-activated ET’s will still be time-limited and released periodically.
Elusive Target Rewards
Elusive Target contracts are the only way to unlock some unique suits for Agent 47, ranging from suits specific to each location in Season One, to signature suits from previous games and the prestigious Winter Suit, which is only awarded to players who can complete 5 Elusive Targets with the Silent Assassin rating. All of the suit unlocks are back in play for both new and existing players to complete their collection.

Intel on ET #2 Reactivation
The Congressman will be in Sapienza for 10 days, starting at 2pm CET on Friday 1st December 2017. Remember that an Elusive Target cannot be restarted once any targets have been eliminated or any objectives have been completed.
This Elusive Target has one objective: (1) Eliminate Anthony L. Troutt

Chandelier plus A ducker. :sunglasses:

Suit Only/Front Door Infiltration:

Random noticed kill out of nowhere.

I heard him saying “that’s a view to die for” while standing there so I decided to let him die for the view. Sadly that fucking gardener at the car saw me (I thought he couldn’t see there). I still got the SA challenge somehow! :smiley:

Also, why the hell his route kept changing? That’s not very sensible.

His route is pretty random. He goes to the library, then the wine cellar and another place. Which is pretty cool in my opinion. It’s almost like The Fugitive ET that we had. Also, cool push! Well done, agent. The money has been wired to your account. :sunglasses:

Yeah, but I restarted a couple of times and his route changed. On my first tries he went to that spot immediately but on my final run he went to other places first. I’d like him to retain he same route every time.

This guy has stupid viewcones, I remember @David47’s Van Helsing elusive contract where he broke my SA run.

Several ETs have pre-established “places they need to go to” but they can go to them randomly. Angel of Death and Food Critic are good examples of ETs with random routes because they have more than one path available. Yet they will always return to a “central hub” before deciding to go somewhere else.

Didn’t try this one yet, so can’t vouch if this mechanic works with him or not.

ET #2: The Congressman – Restriction Run

The following restrictions were obeyed:

• Silent Assassin.
  • Suit Only.
  • Hide All Bodies.
  • No Loadout: Don’t bring or smuggle anything.
  • No Items: Do not pick up or use any items. Exception for guard guns to prevent them distracting anyone, but they have to be dropped somewhere they won’t be found ASAP.
  • No Caruso Staff: Do not knock out, inconvenience, or otherwise interact with staff at the Caruso Mansion or Ether Lab. The Congressman and his bodyguards alone can be messed with.
  • Never Recorded: Do not even get seen by a camera. Don’t damage any video recorders.

Just one more to go for Signature w/ Gloves. I’m pretty sure I can succeed at least once in another dozen ETs.

Oh well, I didn’t notice that with them. I guess that makes them more elusive then. (I still don’t like it Kappa)

Yeah, sorry about that, Silverballer. I playtested that contract to death to make sure it was enjoyable, but that eagle-eyed gardener was the one wild-card. I assume his vision is the same as every other NPC’s, but it really doesn’t seem as though he should be able to spot you from that angle and that distance.

@immadummee47 has told me how much he enjoyed that Van Helsing contract, but I’m sure a big part of his enjoyment came from the fact that he got a very good score; I doubt he would have enjoyed it as much if the gardener had gotten him, too. lol

Maybe that gardener is the only NPC in the game who can use 47’s instinct ability. Hm. :thinking:

P.S. Just to make this post relevant to the thread: I killed the congressman with a sniper rifle. I was quite proud of myself at the time, because I was unaware that we could restart elusives. We all had crappy sniper rifles back then, too. No zoom.

Nah, had nothing to do with my score. It was all about the story and the objectives. But especially the end when I had to drag him into the sunlight. I felt the most tension with that very last part and the entire contract was just super fun. I don’t get upset when I get spotted or I screw up. I take these as pure fun and I know there’s going to be another contract do I just take them as they come.

Has anyone tried poisoning him? I’ve poisoned him clean on two accounts now, and lost the ‘Never Spotted’ bonus both times. :expressionless:

With one start location this turned into a bit of a battle between random(?) paths from the hall vs. duck RNG. With the pokey not working, I had to make do with a chandelier kill.

e: Just seen your run @Bending_Cheese67. I had similar twice with syringe kills, both registered as Unnoticed, so no idea why bonus lost.

subdued his Bodyguards and the Waiter, Anthony stands alone in the Salon, i stand right behind him, pull out my Silverballer and aimed at his Head -he turns around - crime noticed - headshot. fuck, i knew i should have strangle him :joy:

Elusive Target #2 - The Congressman - Back To Basics [3 x Suit Only]

• The Back to Basics run is completed using nothing more than the default starting location, default gear (no unlocks), and anything else that can be found in the map.

The Congressman will take one of three random routes from his starting location in the mansion lobby. The video contains a collection of three suit only runs, one for each of the three possible routes and each using different kill methods: The Library - Suit Only & Chandelier (2.40); The Wine Cellar - Suit Only & Fibre Wire (4.03); The Piano Room: Suit Only & Push (2.20).

I was listening to Carnifex Drown Me In Blood as I remembered that this ET was active… so I decided to go for a drowning kill.

Cakewalk to subdue his guards on the basement hall as they’re heading in and out of the cellar. Then just used emetic syringe.