The Workout Thread - Fitter, Faster, Stronger

I DID IT!!!

8 Likes

I’ve made some little progress on my speed lately. I am still far of my speed objective on short distance (which is 5km in 25 min approximately) but still, it’s something :upside_down_face:

But I haven’t run in a while as I started following Caroline Girvan’s new Epic Heat program since last week and day 1 have killed my legs :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Complex workouts are always hard but my legs was still sore four days after that. I couldn’t even let my cat sit on my thighs as usual. The poor baby was shocked :sob:

Day 5 was a bit hard too. I’m not a big fan of HIIT workouts, but this one has the advantage to make regular burpees relaxing :joy:

So yeaaaah, let’s motivate myself to do Day 7 now :+1:

tenor

8 Likes

Yesterday the Gyms in Denmark opened up again and what a glorious return it was. I haven’t set foot in my local gym since mid December. I been stuck doing body weight workouts at home and I absolutely hate it. I can focus and I get bored by the exercise.

So yesterday was a wonderful Upper body work out and today was a Lower body workout. After yesterdays workout, I’m sore. It feel like someone have beaten me to a pulp with a baseball bat, I dread tomorrow where my legs will be sore. What wonderful feeling, the sweet burn and pump the weights can produce. I look forward to attacking the upper body again tomorrow.

6 Likes

Similar thing happened to me,

First time back at the gym after they opened and my body really felt the big ache afterwards, probably because I wasn’t keeping up with home workouts as much as I wanted to

3 Likes

I’ve been using the basement gym of the building where two of my friends live in. It’s very modest but still has possibilities for several different exercises. I usually go there three times a week. Our school’s gym has been open for only about three months this school year.

5 Likes

1 Like

So, I should be back in the gym very soon (currently saving up for a membership), but for now, I am back on keto and walking/jogging every day for at least 30 minutes to an hour.

Today, I found a gorgeous little trail around a small lake that I did a nice 40 minute speed walk on. Felt amazing, and I definitely plan to use this trail from now on as our local park was sadly shut down due to renovations.

11 Likes

One of the best reasons for having a gym membership is for when I get bored at one in the morning or can’t sleep. Plus, I get the entire gym to myself!

6 Likes

Hi I follow a schedule at the gym for arms, shoulders and stomach muscle I like it a lot haha

Edit: I also do 100 push ups every day

3 Likes

TL:DR >>> nutshell: I’m back in shape!!!

Early April I went to Hawaii with family and when I got back I looked at the photos and had that “wow” moment. I decided I’m too young to carry a belly like that; I went to the gym and prepaid for 2 years. Starting April 7th I managed 17 workouts in April, only 12 in May, and so far I have 12 in June. I didn’t want to post here until I had some good news to share, and today I do.

On April 7th I weighed 204.4 lbs with 25.3% body fat. That’s 51.6 lbs of fat and I had a 40.5” waist. My goal was to be under 20.0% body fat by June 15th. Unfortunately I had a family emergency on June 12th so not only did not take measurements, I also spend 4 days eating junk and not working out. I decided to re-measure today and I weight 182.7 lbs with 20.3% body fat. I nearly made the goal!!! My waist is down three and one half inches too (37” now). I’m really enjoying working out and watching what I intake. I’ll probably start to be active in this thread now. Here was my workout summary for today. My new goal is to get down to 17.5 % body fat by August 15th.

8 Likes

That summary screen doesn’t show the distance. It was 2.0 miles no stops- all front crawl except laps 8 and 20 where I went back stroke, and lap 31 which was elementary back stroke to catch my breath bc lap 30 I went as fast as I could. I like to have one lap towards the end where I really push it and pretend I’m actually fast (I’m not).

7 Likes

Today was a 1 mile swim in 27 min. Then I sat in the hot tub for about 15 min before doing another 1 mile swim in about 30 min. I’d have preferred to do 2 miles no stops but people were waiting for lanes when I was done with the first mile.

After the second no one was waiting so I gave a full length underwater a few tries. I made it the full 50 meters twice (=

7 Likes

The gym has a new touch screen and a new app I get schedule’s on the smartphone now😁

2 Likes

I learned some LAME news today. My gyms pool which I thought to be Olympic length (50 meters) is actually only 48 meters long. They built a pool in the space they had, not found a space for the pool they wanted.

So on a mile swim I was stopping 2/3 of a lap early. From now on I’ll just do the extra lap. My mild OCD is most bothered by this non standard pool length.

5 Likes

Literally unswimmable!

4 Likes

You will have to drag your body across the pool floor to get those extra two meters in. Then slide down as a seal into the pool and continue.

3 Likes

Whenever I try to go the length of the pool underwater I try to stay towards the bottom. It’s only 3 or 3.5 feet deep, but for whatever reason if I look ahead and can see how far away it is I will always fail to get there. Instead I have to push off and just face the floor. After 15 strokes (I count) I can look up and have made it almost 85% and then I can fight my way to the end with that out of air panic setting in.

1 Like

As of today, I have officially reached the 20 lbs lost down mark. Two months of clean eating and working out 4-6 days a week… phew, do I feel a difference. Of course I’m gonna keep it going but, progress!

Sorry for the random face blur LOL, uhhh…

14 Likes

Keep at it! It’s not easy and it’s only sometimes fun, but if I can do it then so can you.

1 Like

Usually, my main exercise is yoga and walking, but since lockdowns started (yoga studio closed, no walking to and from office, etc) I’ve been running instead. Getting my breathing right since having COVID has been a bit of a struggle, but I’m getting there.

Anyway, here’s my favourite running shirt. Ich liebe techno!

11 Likes