Everything STAR WARS! [Spoiler tags mandatory]

New trailer

It’s very interesting, but i’m on the fence about weather or not i should have watch it.

FUCK EA and MICRO-TRANSACTIONS

Well, EA try to calm everyone and in the end they set a new record.

The microtransactions have been removed from the game as off now. Though they will be reintroduced down the line, I hope they give them a big overhaul.

EA’s greedy business practice really backed fired this time.

Wow, that’s quite a move, even if it is only temporary. Did Disney step in, or were any reasons given for it?

Probably some hooded guy waved his hand at EA executives while muttering: “You will suspend all microtransactions…”. :stuck_out_tongue:

But as we approach the worldwide launch, it’s clear that many of you feel there are still challenges in the design. We’ve heard the concerns about potentially giving players unfair advantages. And we’ve heard that this is overshadowing an otherwise great game. This was never our intention. Sorry we didn’t get this right.

We hear you loud and clear, so we’re turning off all in-game purchases. We will now spend more time listening, adjusting, balancing and tuning. This means that the option to purchase crystals in the game is now offline, and all progression will be earned through gameplay. The ability to purchase crystals in-game will become available at a later date, only after we’ve made changes to the game. We’ll share more details as we work through this.

It is and i like this change, also i think it’s a great development. This hole PR nightmare hopefully will leave a trace on the hole industry and how this kind of content should and shouldn’t be handled. I think all this was planned by EA, they are smart business men. That they knew the original version of the system wouldn’t fly and their would be an outcry, but by meeting the fans halfway and giving us the impression we had a say, would buy them some good will. However i don’t think EA took into account how big the backlash would actually be, and that is why we see a temporally remove all of the microtransaction and then a rework of the system.

Now we know…

I know right, I was shocked to see that too!

Premium currency in a triple A game is disgusting.

According to someone working for either EA or DICE (he can’t say which), Disney was pissed, and might be looking at revoking the exclusivity deal they struck with EA because of this mess due to the overall damage it’s caused the Star Wars brand as a whole. Either way, BFII is still not worth buying, even with the MTXs removed. It’s only a temporary measure.

I do believe that could be the cause, Disney unlike EA cares much more about their public image. It’s very reasonable to believe that Disney is disappointed with how EA handles their Star Wars game licens and i find it hard that Disney would renew their agreement with another 10 years. EA got the rights to the Star Wars game franchise back in 2013, so far they have only released two games and their agreements ends in 2023. I don’t got much faith in EA and how many Star Wars games they are going to deliver, especially because EA closed down Visceral and revamping their Star Wars game.

Apparently the rumours are that Bob Iger (Disney’s CO) personally called Andrew Wlison (Electronic Arts executive officer).

IGN test what 100 dollars worth of crates would get you in BF2.

spoiler - It was shit and not worth it.

On EA’s DLC shit…

Thought this was an interesting look. They’ll do this shit over and over again, I’ll call it now. I say boycott EA; make them suffer for their transgressions and show them that their practices are fucking stupid.

Someone else did the math on getting every unlockable in the game. It would take over $4000 to obtain everything. The backlash was inevitable. And considering that this was their plan for every Star Wars game from Battlefront onward, hence the cancellations of 1313 and other single-player focused titles, EA doesn’t have much left in the bag.

EDIT: Sorry, got the hours of game time mixed up with the cost. I meant to say $2000.

I agree absolutely! If we are paying full price for a game, we should get a full game. It’s a simple exchange. Now, some shit devs like EA, Activision, Ubisoft are breaking their base games into gold edition, platinum edition or $150 ‘complete edition’. Wtf seriously, we should never support devs who cheat and steal from their customers.

Some of their games have dlc’s upto $2000. I seriously wish battlefront 2 flops and EA shuts its door for good.

3CBBE237-D4A5-4C6B-A4D9-898F027637B4

We pay for a product we expect a quality product. We pay (minimum!) $60 up front and then these cunts try to squeeze out more from us? And in this insulting way that’s gambling? They don’t even charge you for what you want, they charge you for a CHANCE of getting something useful.

Imagine going to Subway and paying the price of the sandwich. All you get is the bread roll. Then they charge you extra for some butter(season pass), and THEN they charge you some more for pulling cards. You might get a tomato, you might get some salad, you might get some cheese, WHO KNOWS! In the end you probably walk out of Subway like $40 short, pissed and unsatisfied because they loaded you with consolation prizes instead of what you actually hoped to eat. You wanted a sandwich with some ham, cucumber and tomato and instead you have a dry bread roll, pockets full of gummy bears, cotton balls, bolts, nuts and capsules for your washing machine.

That’s basically AAA gaming nowadays. Zero interest, thanks.

No matter what the multiplayer turns out to be, i’m still excited for the single player campaign, plus i like Dice as a developer and BF1 is my most played multiplayer game. Sadly EA owns them.

I’ve had various issues about the Battlefront-EA II Campaign so far. I’ve only seen the first 40 minutes-ish of the campaign’s story, though.

My issues are a bit nit-picky, and are in the spoiler tags at the bottom. Note this is a YouTube comment, so it won’t really be 100% applicable but most of it still is (Had to use multiple spoilers since 1 spoiler doesn’t span across many lines).

Can I just say how stupid this entire introduction on the Rebellion security ship was? Could the Rebel soldiers not set the area/ship on lockdown, even more especially since it was made clear various times to various soldiers (who had time to react accordingly) that the Imperial commando escaped? Shouting also seems to have no effect with the soldiers to eachother, so what’s the point, even more with the loud-ass gunfire going on in the background. Can no one in this deaf-ass game be alerted if the player isn’t within a 5-foot radius of the NPC? It also confused me a ton how the Rebels didn’t detect an unauthorized transmission from the commando’s helmet to the droid, nor to the other commander she was talking to. That was bullshit in the mightiest.

The lockdown later was even worse. Why are they not sending a fucking army after this woman, it was like 5 people with dinky blaster-pistols. Maybe it was just the difficulty setting, but if she’s that fucking dangerous why was the detachments to eliminate her so lax? It also seems some of the characters are lacking accents their races are seen to have in the movie, along with the use of Galactic Basic other than those native languages, ALSO seen in the movies. That might just be me, though.

EDIT: 17:48 NO CASUALTIES? NO CASUALTIES? LIKE 20 PEOPLE DIED ON THAT SECURITY SHIP DUE TO YOUR STUPIDITY WOMAN, WHAT DO YOU MEAN “NO CASUALTIES?”

EDIT 2: Jesus Christ, the MC’s reaction to that Death Star explosion was absolutely horrid. No one would have the pinnacle of their work, the height of the Empire, their leader destroyed, and continue being “Oh yes, let us continue as if nothing happened. Most of my friends and shit were there, but oh well,” I’m sure realistically they’d be in awe, shock and confusion for much longer. The other troopers conveyed that properly and excellently. Maybe that’s me scumming for complaints, but holy hell that scene felt, and was awful.