Everything STAR WARS! [Spoiler tags mandatory]

What I do hope to see more of is the Knights of Ren, I don’t really mind them not being part of the movie, other then Luke hinting at them. But I want to see Kylo Ren and Knights of Ren in the next movie, they are an interesting part of the story.

A Star Wars Fan group on facebook called “Down With Disney’s Treatment of Franchises and its Fanboys

claims that they are responsible for The Last Jedi’s bad user rating on rottentomatoes.com. They claim to be using bots and spamming rottentomatoes.com to lower the movies score. Why you ask? because Dinsey made the already then uncanon “canon” officially uncanon once and for all. This is the aspect of fandom I hate and can’t stand, it’s toxic and beyond childish. What’s worse and sadder, is that this is adults, there ain’t many teens or children that are into the old EU.

TLJ is tracking 10% lower than TFA. It looks like your locality is responsible. Lol.

Oh and… link to my own review of THE LAST JEDI

The more I think back on the film the more it feels like what we got was a story bridge rather than a film that was made to properly stand alone and sit inside a box set.

You may feel that is a criticism of TLJ or feel like that structure is ok. This characterizes the polarizing nature of feedback surrounding this movie.

This depends on the approach to Ben/Kylo.

If they want to do a story of his continuing descent into maddening Force Visions and loneliness (and pining for Rey) the Knights of Ren cannot be given more time. In fact, they may be killed off even before IX or treated like the Praetor Guards in TLJ. The film can even open with Ben killing them all, dismissing them as Snokes’ lackeys or something.

If they want to project that he is successful and gaining notoriety as a leader of villainy then the Knights of Ren will be more plentiful and a couple may even be given names, unique designs and speaking lines. Ben can still pursue Rey in this mode but with less passion.

I think they will appear in some way or the other, especially because J.J himself are very fond of them. He did already say he would like to create a standalone movie about them. But I think it’s likely that he might kill them, especially because he’s on a quest to kill the past to ride himself from what weakens him.

Or both sides might actually gather a smaller force army, Knight of Ren vs. Jedi. Going back to a time where there where a lot more force users. Well all we can do is speculate on episode 9. I’m looking forward to it, that’s for sure!

The Last Jedi = Easily the best Star Wars film to be made so far. No question about it.

Just saw the film. Thought it was way too long, boring, humor was out of place as well. Sad to see what they did to Hamill’s character.

At least the visuals and sound design were nice.

And damn would you look at Lando! I’m warming much more up to this film as more as time progress :slight_smile:

At least they didn’t do Han in CGI

…Looking at you Rogue One

To be honest I had no problem with Lucasfilm recreating Peter Cushing or Carrie Fisher in Rogue One. Sure they weren’t perfect and neither were they horrible, they certainly didn’t take any thing away from my experience. I do think that the movie get’s more shit on that part then it actually deserves, it smells a lot like a bandwagon move.

And here is the full trailer

“Han Solo: A Star Wars Story”

Fucking Christ, all I want is “Darth Plagueis the Wise: A Sith Legend,” honestly. Can’t they just leave Han Solo’s backstory to books?

I guess they don’t want to do what the original canon did.

This is the second Star Wars Story…there is no telling what we will get down the line, but have some patience.

Probably going to do something similar with han once part of the Empire and at some point saving Chewbaca. Also the original canon was the movie and only the movies…the Extended Universe never was canon and that comes from Lucas himself.

God, all the marvel humor…

Apparently the Creator himself have had a little part in the new Han Solo movie

He had intended to just kind of stop by and say hi, and he stayed five hours. There’s even one little moment in a scene that — I can’t tell you what, sorry — but in the scene on the Millennium Falcon where George said, ‘Why doesn’t Han just do this.’ It actually is a funny little bit that will probably get a laugh. And Ron happened to be by the monitor and not inside the Falcon and he goes, ‘Oh that’s a great idea,’ and ran in and said, ‘George wants us to do this.’ So that was pretty cool. I think George felt pretty great about that. He could revisit these characters, and I think he felt so comfortable, obviously with Ron being there, that it was just fun for him.

Even if it’s a very minor role, I like to read these kind of news. To know that George isn’t completely removed from the franchise and he still finds joy in it makes me happy. So I just wanted to share it.

Honestly, I didn’t like the prequels but at this point I would watch a new Lucas SW over anything else that Disney can put forth without him.

You do know that George don’t care about what we want? If he where to make a new movie, he would still do it differently. So how can you say you want something from him? when you have no idea what he would make. He makes movies for himself.

To be honest I think the franchise overall is in a much better state then the Pre-quels era. Even if I enjoy them.

Exactly, as opposed to these plastic Disney productions. I would prefer the guy who made the horrible, embarrassing prequels because at least he cared.

I wouldn’t call TLJ a disney plastic production. The hole rage about TLJ is that Rian got to do whatever he wanted. Rian made the movie he wanted to, like Lucas he wasn’t afraid to do things differently. Also I think a movie like Rogue One is a perfect example of a Star Wars movie that isn’t just more of the same old same old. Like we know it from the MCU.

But that is my view on the new movies, it’s not everything I like. The humor of TLJ was one of the things I didn’t like. But I think we got exactly what we wanted with TFA…but there is no pleasing such a big fan base.