The Workout Thread - Fitter, Faster, Stronger

Hmm, we’re more than halfway through January and no posts in this thread since last year.

It’s okay guys, I know you’re all just too busy doing food prep and your daily cardio, right?

Anyway, today I lifted an elephant.

5 Likes

I’m back at it starting Feb 1st.

Jan 1 of 2023 I was 204 lbs. I got all the way down to 178 ish, but then got lazy and sloppy again so Jan 2024 I was up a bunch. I gave myself one more month of not caring and Feb 1st, 2024 I was 189.5. Just under 190 which was my back up “line in the sand.”

I got two workouts so far. Both on the elliptical. I do the hill profile where it’s 3 min slight incline followed by 4 min steep incline then repeat. 42 min is 6 hills then I cool down. Today I added some planks and press-ups as a warm up. Over 500 calories burned each workout with an avg heart rate of 145 bpm. End goal is to get to 175 and see what that feels like. I never quite made it last time. I got close. This time it’ll happen.

3 Likes

On Sunday when the clock hits midnight, I will end my 3 month / 111 days cutting phase. I started around the 20% bodyfat and currently on 12%. The plane is that from Monday on i’ll enter a 8 week maintance phase, where the goal is to do a bit of body recomposition. Maybe a gain a small amount of muscle, but most importantly keep the fat away. When the 8 weeks are over, i’ll begin a new cutting phase 8-12 weeks. Getting below the 12%. Then maintance again for 8 weeks. When that is done i’ll begin a lean gain phase.

Even though I’m sick and tired of cutting, espeically the last 3-4 weeks have been a drag. I still seen an increase in muscle mass, while a decreas in fat. My Whitings smart scale as it’s a 2.4% muscle mass increase since i begun. I’m a bit sceptical that I gained 2.4% muscle mass while cutting. That said I do believe that I gained muscle, I been consisdent with weighing myself on the same weekday and time of the day, before eating, after peeing and such out through the process. So the baseline should be as close to identiacl as possible.

Good work buddy, our weight will swing up and down. The important part is that you still lost almost 15 lbs, didn’t go all the way back to the start point. It might even be lower, water weight can have a big effect on your weight. One of the tools I use to lose weight, is to begin with in a cutting phase, I start out by switching one meal out with a meal replacement shake (200 cal and 27g protien). It might not fill me up, but it will take the hassel out doing a meal prep. For me convenience is more important then begin full. I can easily handle being hungry.

3 Likes

Dude that’s incredible. It sounds like you’re about to drop below 10% here on the next one too. Keep it up.

1 Like

I hope to hit around 7-8% when done with the next cutting period and make 12-15% my new stable.

1 Like