Favorite Movie Score/Soundtrack

I thought that with every thread that has been made, why hasn’t there been one about the soundtracks in movies? Individual score composed for the movie. Music that happens to be in the movie doesn’t count.
I’m kicking this thread off with one of my favorite pieces of instrumental music ever composed for a movie. Very fitting for the Japan location and the theme of this movie. The Bond movie scores have a very special place in my heart, I can tell you that, at least.

Hope to see some nice uploads, I haven’t set the bar high or low so get cracking!

This song is a remake that was made for a Volvo commercial for the Swedish market, so maybe it does not exactly qualify but I think it’s so darn good. Original song is also good, but lacks the feeling.

Fun fact about the Bestiality track - it wasn’t used in the film, instead it was used decades later in… Tarantino’s The Hateful Eight

Both one of the most soundtracks if heard in a really long time. I still like to listen to them whilst drawing or painting. They’re really relaxing

Michael Nyman’s score (the whole thing) for Gattaca is one of my favorites. Not only is it really good in its own right, it also complements the movie really well. It’s a classy score for a classy hard scifi flick,

I love Clint Mansell. His scores for Requiem For A Dream, The Fountain, and Moon are all spectacular.

I adore the scores of Thomas Newman. American Beaty, Road to Perdition, hell even Finding Nemo, are all great. Some pieces from different movies sound a bit samey, I guess, but this is a problem I have with a lot of composers. I just learn their sound after a while.

Dario Marianelli’s score for V For Vendetta (all of it) was pretty epic. It’s a shame he hasn’t done more work for big bigger movies.

I could go on forever. :wink:

The only Thomas Newman score that I’m not very keen on is his Skyfall one and segments of the Spectre one. I just don’t find them as interesting as I did for any of his other films he’s done. One of the reasons is that there is a score composed for every corner, (eg Bond Farts, there has to be music behind that). Many people also have noted that he’s reused music for Spectre from his Skyfall soundtrack which I think is fair enough considering how much music he has composed for it. I think that David Arnold did a much better job for the Bonds in my opinion, giving them a modern electro feel like in this part of The World Is Not Enough score…

…or in this piece of Tomorrow Never Dies score keeping the classic feel of Bond…

and let’s not forget the best pre titles music ever composed for a Bond film!

Star Wars. Any of them.
You guys don’t need a clip… you’re hearing the Imperial March in your head right now. :smile:

I do! Also :

Ennio is an absolute legend, and it doesn’t get much better than this.

Bonus top soundtrack.

My favourite during the training session.

One of my favourite movies, also thanks to the soundtrack:
City of God

Never actually saw the movie, but my father had the soundtrack of Mishima on CD and I used to listen to it quite often as a kid:

A bit more eclectic soundtrack, just like the movie itself, can’t find a complete playlist:
Survive Style 5+

Philip Glass, man. Can’t get any better than that.

Braveheart soundtrack by James Horner. RIP.

Bernard Herrmann is such a fucking legend.

One of my favorites soundtracks is the one Elliot Goldenthal did for Final Fantasy The Spirit Within. Despite being considered not a very good movie i believe the score did a very good job setting the tone.

Lord of the Rings!

What could beat that, come on.