General News Thread 2.0

Of course, that doesn’t mean you’re instinctually going to face a shooter head on. When it comes down to fight or flight, the latter will usually take priority.

Well, pretty much everyone legally able to own a gun (and WANTS to own one) already does. The only way to add more guns is to toss out background checks (and I really don’t want psychotic’s running around with loaded weapons) OR forcing people to buy a gun who don’t want one. And many, many people don’t seem to realize that openly carrying a fire arm is not against the law in most of the US. It’s just not very common in most parts of the country.

Three states (California, Florida, and Illinois) and the District of Columbia generally prohibit people from openly carrying firearms in public. Two states (New York and South Carolina) prohibit openly carrying handguns, but not long guns, and another three states (Massachusetts, Minnesota, and New Jersey) prohibit openly carrying long guns, but not handguns. In the remaining states, people are generally allowed to openly carry firearms, although some states require a permit or license to do so.

Please also note that open carry laws are usually subject to significant exceptions. Most states that allow open carrying still prohibit carrying firearms in some specific locations such as schools, state-owned businesses, places where alcohol is served, and on public transportation.

For your viewing pleasure.

opencarrymap-January1-2016

Isn’t that already happening though?

Ya got me there :+1:. I guess I should rephrase that by saying EVERY psycho.

So it will be easier to get silencer in the US?

People can say what they want, but Hillary Clinton would be a much better president, than the guy you have now.
Trumps press secretary Sarah Sanders are saying that now is not the right time for this discussion, but if after 59 killed and over 500 wounded is not the right time, how many more must be killed before it is “the right time”, Trump is a supporter of the NRA and that’s why he don’t want this discussion.

A House Plant would be a better President then the overgrown toddler they have now. Maybe i can get a job at the White House, i work with a bunch of kids now in a school / after school program. In the White House i just have to look after one.

Yeah, but you know the kids that require 1-1 are always little shits.

And Stephen Paddock had 23 guns with him, most of them bought from here:

So is there no gun control whatsoever in the US? Nobody didn’t start to question what he would do with all this guns? Is it normal that one person needs 23 guns for self protection?
And he had several thousand of rounds at his home as well, he could start his own little war and he sure did, but hey, don’t take our right to protect ourselves away and for that we need our guns :roll_eyes:.

I guess unless he bought the guns en masse then no one would know that he had so many. Apparently he owned a house in the same state as Las Vegas which is not the house that he shared with his girlfriend. If this house wasn’t being rented out then perhaps he kept the weapons there. This guy was not a young man and the weapons could have been bought over the course of several decades. I read in the news apparently he had a hunting and fishing license in Alaska at some point so maybe that’s what the weapons were for. At the same time, that is a hell of a lot of weapons for one person to own and trying to justify that would be near impossible, I’d assume. But if all the weapons were bought legally then maybe there’s no reason for suspicion. His brother, understandably, seemed completely blown away by the news and didn’t seem to think his brother was into guns but I’m sure I read that they hadn’t seen each other for a while.

But i should be a kind of national gun registry, so the seller could see how many guns the customer owns and if he had says he have sold them, they should also been in the gun registry, i don’t know much about the US and guns, but to me it sounds like some gun stores is way too sloppy, he bought most of his guns from one store and i find it a bit odd that they kept selling him guns without any questions about what do he need all this guns for.

Edit.

He owned 42 guns :open_mouth::grimacing:.

(That terrible typo isn’t mine BTW)

The_Donald is such a fucking cesspit. Imagine still supporting Trump so rabidly this far into his Presidency. That’s no longer a meme. That’s no longer trolling. I guess only the white supremacists are left.

This will no doubt upset people but it needs to be read to be honest.

White supremecists and sexists, which often go hand in hand.

On the other hand we have people like that one CBS Executive who said that she has no sympathy for the victims because country music fans are often republican gun toters. That’s like saying a car bomb isn’t that bad if all the victims were Muslims.

Sometimes I really don’t want to life on this planet anymore. :expressionless:

Well at least we know now for sure, that it is not a limit for how stupid a person can be.
Glad to hear she is fired.

I really hope more Americans will change their views on the 2nd amendment Caleb, you Americans have to open your eyes, if this wasn’t a wake up call, then i honestly don’t know what it will take to open your eyes.

This band member in Josh Abbott Band was playing at this country festival yesterday.

gun control will do nothing to stop people who are already committed to breaking the law.

criminal background checks don’t work because they would not be able to prevent mass murders like in vegas, where the shooter had no criminal record prior to the shooting. also, like i said, criminal background checks are somewhat racist

say what you want about my suggestion to arm and train all civilians who are able to use a gun, but at least i tried to come up with a solution instead of just explaining why your solutions won’t work

Really?

Since major gun law reforms were introduced in Australia, mass shootings have not only stopped, but there has also been an accelerating reduction in rates of firearm-related homicide and suicides, a landmark study has found.

It has been two decades since rapid-fire long guns were banned in Australia, including those already in private ownership, and 19 years since the mandatory buyback of prohibited firearms by government at market price was introduced. A handgun buyback program was later introduced, in 2003.

However, he does not believe the findings will have an impact on gun ownership laws in the US.

“The US is a good example of where evidence is going to take longer to prevail over fear and ideology,” he said.

I will not call training all Americans that have guns to be prepared for using their guns a solution, strick gun control is the solution, it worked in Australia why wouldn’t it work in the US?

Arming everybody is a bad idea. A gun is a huge responsibility. A lot of people can handle it. If everybody was armed there would probably be a lot more situation that ended badly because things escalated. Not to mention that it would make cops even more trigger happy, because now everybody is potential armed suspect.

Come on, guys! Clearly there is NO CONNECTION between lots and lots of people having guns, and lots and lots of people getting shot.

You’d be a fool and a communist to think there was one.