General News Thread 2.0

Sure. But if good movies don’t make good money then eventually people will stop financing good movies.

Blu Ray sales will more than make up for it like they did with Dredd.

Well the original exists in 6 different cuts and it’s the Final Cut from 2001-2007 that is the most critical critical acclaim of them.

lol

Sometimes i wonder if he is faking his own stupidity, it’s hard to believe that a man can be this stupid, but on the other hand he have proved it over and over.
Finally another Republican have found out the the White House is turned into a adult day care center:
Odd it took so long, i have been thinking this from day 1 of Trump’s presidency, or maybe he finally had the guts to say it out loud?

Reading stats is fun, and worrying…

“72 percent of Republicans in the poll said that colleges and universities are not doing enough ‘to teach young Americans about the value of free speech,’ and 90 percent think political correctness is ‘a big problem this country has.’”

Also:

72% want disrespecting the flag criminalized
63% say journalists are “an enemy of the American people"
50% say the press has too much freedom
36% want to ban public statements offensive to police/military
"Nearly half” would ban the construction of mosques

Lefties, too, hold many lamentable views regarding the legal and cultural importance of free expression in America. Fully half of Democrats think that “government should prevent people from engaging in hate speech against certain groups in public.”

Referring to Democrats as “lefties” though, heh. I guess Neoliberalcentries doesn’t sound as catchy.

Some 53 percent say that defending someone else’s right “to say racist things” is just as condemnable as “holding racist views yourself.”

Whilst I would stop short of saying they are “just as bad”, I think there is a point here. I find myself getting more frustrated at people who enable racist thinking and behaviour due to their own ignorance than I do with outright, open racists. At least those people in the latter group are upfront and you expect that kind of bile from them. The excessive handwringing that comes from liberals and centrists when you hold a mirror up to how their “both sides” rhetoric enables oppression is really fucking annoying. Apparently being called racist is more awful than actually saying things that sound racist.

Lol, and what about radical Christians?

And journalists are an enemy of the American people? What about the KKK; the radical Christians I mentioned; the Crips and Bloods?

And banning public statements against military and police is fucking stupid, because if you listen to what people don’t like about the military and police, that’s how you learn.

Sometimes the press does have too much freedom, though.

Today I learned that the ACLU is a seething pot of racism.

Does that include conservative journalists? BlobThinkingSmirk

I think they mean “fake news” journalists, not “real” journalists like Mark Levin, Michael Savage, and Alex Jones. :wink:

Ah, my mistake, clearly there is more important news from this guy, like the chemicals that are turning all the frogs gay.

Harvey Weinstein looks like the result of a high school laboratory accident with a cane toad.

I’ve been running across several articles on this as I enjoy reading a few entertaiment websites so it’s hard to miss. Total scumbag. And it seems his behavior was pretty well known throughout the industry for many, many years yet no one has had the courage say or do anything. I assume for fear of getting blackballed in an industry thats already very difficult to maneuver through.

With the power people like him know they have in their hands, I’m certain it’s a widespread issue. He is certainly not the only one and likely not even close to the worst of them. I anticipate seeing at least a couple more big names getting “outed” in the coming months.

People love to dance on the grave of Gawker, but they did actual journalism on Harvey Weinstein’s so called “open secret” over 2 years ago.

No fake news from this guy, 100% legit. ^^

That is… kind of catchy.

Speaking of catchy tunes…:musical_note:

BET has made the national news thanks to Eminem. :candy:

Last night at the BET hip hop awards :black_flag: the rapper was shown doing a performance which is called a “freestyle” :man_dancing:t2: in which he criticizes President Donald Trump :frog: (Peace and Blessings on his name). The video is trending on you tube with 4 million views.

Response from Trump supporters has been swift.
https://twitter.com/MarkDice/status/917937676925276160
:joy:
https://twitter.com/MarkDice/status/917938029762830337
:grin:

Some of Eminem’s lyrics:
“But this is his form of distraction, plus he gets an enormous reaction when he attacks the NFL, so we focus on that instead of talking Puerto Rico or gun reform for Nevada. All these horrible tragedies and he’s bored and would rather cause a Twitter storm with the Packers.”

“He says you’re spitting in the face of vets who fought for us you b-------, Unless you’re a POW who’s tortured … cause to him you’re zero cause he don’t like his war heroes captured. That’s not disrespecting the military.”

“Same shit that he tormented Hillary for and he slandered then does it more. From his endorsement of Bannon, support for the Klansman, tiki torches in hand for the solider that’s black and comes home from Iraq and is still told to go back to Africa.”

Lump has also been whining about the fact free speech and press freedom exists.

Funny how so many “muh freeze peach” type people love Trump given his attitudes.

That’s because free speech is apparently only great when you agree with what’s being said.

Lol @ the guy who said he can rap better than Eminem.