General News Thread 2.0

I saw two articles today that I don’t know how to feel about.

As most of us know Facebook has a system called “People you may know” FB won’t tell anyone exactly how the system works but people are discovering that it works very well-too well some would argue.

Now let me say this first I am not passing any judgement on sex workers, and I do have ignorance of the law-but I am unsure of how to educate myself on the topic so forgive me but…isn’t sex work illegal in the United States. (besides Nevada) Besides being a cam girl or otherwise showing your flesh-isn’t the act of having sex for money explicitly illegal?

I ask this because then this comes off as a drug dealer getting mad that FB has connected their family account to their dealer account. And if that’s the case one should take better steps to keep their dual lives separate.

Despite that there is a bigger issue with how FB is using the data it has to connect people that don’t want to be connected. It is very curious how FB was able to link people to their alternative accounts. My first thought was the pictures. (“If you like this picture of this woman-then how about these pictures of another woman who looks similar”)

But then what about the case of FB finding “long lost relatives” whose only connection is through marriage. How did it know two people are related and they don’t share names or friends?

I think this is a big brother issue that some may ignore because it seems to only bother people trying to hide or otherwise connecting you with people you may in fact want to know.

Very curious system they are using and the sex workers might be the canary in the coal mine.

I am unimpressed. I changed my username here because of stuff like this. And still, anyone who knows me on an average level would find ir obvious that this is me.

Yesterday experts said that the North Koreans could knock out the grid and within a year 90% of the United States would be dead.

Not only would that be the end of the United States as we know it but it would put the rest of the world into chaos. Only a new world order could save it.

Personally I am convinced this is how the United States will end. In chaos, anarchy, and gun violence.

Good luck rest of world!

Just six months ago, most experts thought North Korea’s nuclear arsenal was primitive, some academics claiming it had as few as 6 A-Bombs. Now the intelligence community reportedly estimates North Korea has 60 nuclear weapons.

Just six months ago, most experts thought North Korea’s ICBMs were fake, or if real could not strike the U.S. mainland. Now the intelligence community reportedly estimates North Korea’s ICBMs can strike Denver and Chicago, and perhaps the entire United States.

Just six months ago, most experts thought North Korea was many years away from an H-Bomb. Now it appears North Korea has H-Bombs comparable to sophisticated U.S. two-stage thermonuclear weapons.

What a time to be alive

And what scares me is that next week South Korea and US will have a military exercise and i fear that this will only provoke NK to launch more missiles, it has been silent for a while now, so i don’t understand why SK and US will do this now, because they should know that NK will be provoked, maybe this is what Trump meant with calm before the storm, but in my opinion, Trump is bringing the storm and in my opinion, it looks like Trump wants a war with NK and will do whatever it takes to provoke NK so a war will break out.
In my opinion NK is not a threat to the world even if they have nuclear and hydrogen weapons.

I agree with everything you said.

Say…would you mind putting me up as a refugee in your country for when the war starts?

I promise I have marketable skills and I am already married.

Hahaha, sure, why not, if Norway isn’t invaded by Russia when WWIII is starting :smiley:, but i don’t think NK will launch missiles towards the US, that would be a suicide from Kim Jong-Un.

I dunno about North Korea, I’m more worried about this:

But in Norway news they say he will sign off the international nuclear deal:

It’d really benefit the world right now if Trump died, or was impeached. How has this not happened yet, with all the shit he’s said, done, and the investigations?

Apparently he dosen’t even know he is the president of U.S Virgin Islands, president Trump is beyond ridiculous.

In a speech Friday, Trump said he’d recently “met with the president of the Virgin Islands” to discuss the recent hurricanes that have devastated Texas, Florida, Puerto Rico and the island.

But Trump could not have spoken to the “president of the Virgin Islands” because, of course, he is the president of the U.S. Virgin Islands, whose residents are U.S. citizens.

Trump could arguably benefit a great deal from a lesson in the structure of the U.S. government (and perhaps a geography refresher).

Likely incomplete.

If that is how it will be, then there is no perfect timing than now, till Drump is in power. He is the man who all Americans wants to blame for something big. He is trying really hard to give it to them.

Harvey went down quickly. From a respected filmmaker to a filthy rapist sickening everbody who even thinks about him.

It’s Hollywood, all Weinstein has to do is lower the standard age of his victims by about a decade and the industry’ll be building a human pryamid out of itself to get him back up to the top.

Well it wasn’t quickly for the women he assaulted and who had to wait years for anything to be done about it.

Why the hell my message is flakked-_-

Probably because you used “retarded” as a pejorative.

People really got upset about only one word… Did they miss the whole meaning of the post? This forum is even more fascist than my pal describes it

For the first time in 60 year a hurricane will hit Irland and UK :open_mouth::

at the moment the hurricane is a cat 1.