General News Thread 2.0

https://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/1u75hh/i_am_the_guy_with_two_penises_ama/

:fearful:

Read the AMA with “DoubleDickDude”, it’s absolutely fascinating.

Factually speaking, Sweden is extremely safe. You’re more likely to get killed on a actual accident, by lightning, by choking on food, etc.

@Supernova
I know your country is in pain and it has greatly affected you. I know it’s a small thing but here’s a brief acticle on Miguel Cabrera, one of the biggest baseball stars here in the US and a fellow Venezuelan and his attempt to call attention to the turmoil. You are not alone. People care. Hearts are with you. I hope a chance for change will come.

:heart:

More live updates from today’s manifestation.

That’d be one hell of a surprise for his gf though :smile:

Is this… real? I mean even if it’s not that thread is hella fun to read haha. Some of the comments with questions / answers are priceless lol

Germany in its purest form.

So United Airlines overbooked a flight, and forcibly removed a Doctor (who had to be back at his workplace the next day) and his wife to make room for extra staff. This is messed up.

Had a similar situation a few days before on my return flight from Florida. They announced over the tannoy would anyone give up the seat. Don’t know if anyone did but the scenes from that video is pathetic.

How the hell can you overbook a plane!

Why the hell did they try to fix this after the passengers boarded the plane?
It is allot harder to get people out of their payed seat compared to just not giving them their seat.

Overbooking a plane is quite common because it’s very normal to have a couple no-shows. Flying planes with all the shit you have to deal with (time-schedule, weather, shit breaking etc.) is very expensive and hard to organize.

Might be too soon, and I feel really bad for the guy but the damage United is eating in memes right now… https://www.reddit.com/r/funny/comments/64mg9f/when_united_airlines_has_to_cancel_the_whole/

I’ve seen different versions of the story from several witnesses, not sure which one is the closest to the truth but…this is freakin brutal! :frowning:

UNITED - We’ll seat you, then we’ll beat you.

Welcome to United Airlines’ Fight Club. If we can’t beat our competitors, we beat our customers. :blush:

Bridges said the man became “very upset” and said that he was a doctor who needed to see patients at a hospital in the morning. The manager told him that security would be called if he did not leave willingly, Bridges said, and the man said he was calling his lawyer. One security official came and spoke with him, and then another security officer came when he still refused. Then, she said, a third security official came on the plane and threw the passenger against the armrest before dragging him out of the plane.

The security officers hurt him and he was bleeding from his mouth :fearful:.

Shame on you United Airlines :rage:.

Having an unwilling passenger forcefully removed from his seat was one of the dumbest thing they could’ve done. Especially in the age of the smart phone. There’s now a video of a bleeding man dragged out of one of your plane by the airport police.

Maybe the guy was a huge asshole who lied through his teeth because he didn’t want to give up his seat? Maybe he stumbled and hit his head? It doesn’t matter because there’s a video of a bleeding man dragged out of one of your plane by the airport police.

They really deserve that backlash,for being that dumb. Still I feel sorry for all the employees who had nothing to do with that and could potentially lose their jobs because of it.