General News Thread 2.0

So should we be comforted or alarmed that Trump and Jong Un are comfortable trading dick jokes with each other.

I’m not sure, but in my opinion we would be better off without that tweet from Trump, he just have to have the last word dosen’t he.

You musn’t have read my comment regarding this.

You brought up pretty fair points,I mean,as of lately being a policeman doesn’t exactly earn you the people’s trust. Not anymore. But we’re talking about a good well known family with multiple kids in a very clean suburb,most cases of police brutality happen in other areas AFAIK(not that there aren’t times when they happen in “clean” areas as well but the chances are smaller). I mean,if you feel safer because you don’t trust your local police it’s perfectly fine,but I just don’t see it as a necessity. But that’s only taking into account my personal experiences and knowledge,so I really can’t say too much about it going in depth. Guns are always a trickier situation because of crooked cops or people that seem to “evade” the law make others always want to have one,but as of lately they seem to be doing more harm than anything. To be fair though,the fault is mostly on how the gun permits are given. Giving a semi auto rifle to a family with a kid with a disorder should be a big NoNo as he also had access to it,doesn’t matter if it’s a light mental problem or a bad one,we shouldn’t take chances with guns. In your case,I’m not worried about people like you wanting a gun or having one because I know you’re a cool and smart dude,and you can handle it just fine but others in other countries get gun permits way too easily.
Having said that and getting back on topic,maybe in certain areas you could very logically need a gun even if the police is nearby,maybe they are a bit too trigger happy. I was a bit too generic with my statements and that’s my bad,I was just a bit upset from the case and seeing a family die like that that’s all,hope I cleared up what I said!

As the old saying goes. “When seconds count the police are minutes away”

Edit: Didn’t mean to reply to you Nova

“Steve Bannon has nothing to do with me or my presidency. When he was fired, he not only lost his job, he lost his mind,” Mr Trump said in a statement on Wednesday.

Steve was a staffer who worked for me after I had already won the nomination by defeating seventeen candidates, often described as the most talented field ever assembled in the Republican party," he continued.

“Now that he is on his own, Steve is learning that winning isn’t as easy as I make it look. Steve had very little to do with our historic victory, which was delivered by the forgotten men and women of this country.”

How the hell can I continue to be surprised by the level of delusion exhibited by this guy? Haven’t we seen everything? I guess not.

My goodness.

Reads like a lover scorned.

“Shortly after 8pm on Election Night, when the unexpected trend - Trump might actually win - seemed confirmed, Don Jr told a friend that his father, or DJT, as he calls him, looked as if he had seen a ghost. Melania was in tears - and not of joy. There was, in the space of little more than an hour, in Steve Bannon’s not unamused observation, a befuddled Trump morphing into a disbelieving Trump and then into a horrified Trump. But still to come was the final transformation: Suddenly, Donald Trump became a man who believed that he deserved to be, and was wholly capable of being, the president of the United States.”

I can believe it. I think Trump wanted to launch his TV network or whatever I think this was a stunt like all the other times he ran. But the man under estimated the power of white anger.

“Trump, in fact, found the White House to be vexing and even a little scary. He retreated to his own bedroom - the first time since the Kennedy White House that a presidential couple had maintained separate rooms. In the first days, he ordered two television screens in addition to the one already there, and a lock on the door, precipitating a brief standoff with the Secret Service, who insisted they have access to the room. He reprimanded the housekeeping staff for picking up his shirt from the floor: ‘If my shirt is on the floor, it’s because I want it on the floor.’ Then he imposed a set of new rules: Nobody touch anything, especially not his toothbrush. (He had a longtime fear of being poisoned, one reason why he liked to eat at McDonald’s - nobody knew he was coming and the food was safely premade.) Also, he would let housekeeping know when he wanted his sheets done, and he would strip his own bed.”

Well, this sums up the police ting

Trump and Kim’s banter looks like something out of C&C: RED ALERT 4.

It reminds me more of Red Alert 3 in how utterly insane this whole thing is.

Some good news:

Read between the bullshit and it’s obvious Trump was forced to eat a big, fat nothingburger.

I only just noticed that this thread already has more posts than the original General News that was locked by mods… LOOK AT WHAT YOU’VE CREATED @Quinn HOW COULD YOU?! BTW, thank you. It was necessary.

That said… this thread has not received the same level of toxicity and off-topic shit that the other one had. If a moderator could sum up the total number of posts from both General News AND those that were moved to the “leader access” “crap from general news” I’d say we’re still a long way to go…

I think that it’s because so many people willingly stay away of this thread like it was a zombie apocalypse. Many even muted it.

Sooo maybe those who stay away were the problem… Just a thought.

Oh and just noticed i’m the 4th most active poster on the thread. Y’all can guess who is no. 1 without a clue…

dont beleive the hype.

All the people who brag about not coming here, come in here and read the comments and like the posts they dont have the resolve to say themselves.

its all just posturing.

You’re scrutinizing likes? Really?

Jarbinger, stop hacking my friend. Thanks.

No sir not at all.

I am saying you know they were here because of the likes thats the proof they were here. Otherwise they claim to have the place muted and dont speak in the thread.

Sorry not Sorry

Nobody would write such a song… except maybe girls who look at firemen a certain way:

You’re really comparing firefighters, a voluntary service which essentially has one job (to put out fires) to the police, who have to enforce nationwide laws? Of course there’s more negativity directed at them.

Firefighters have more than one job. They are essentially a first-aid rescue team that can do anything from rescuing a nanny from a stuck elevator, to help secure a wild animal. Fighting fire is only the most known, not their only task.

Similarly, the United States is a federation that almost works as if it was a confederation due to the large differences between laws in each state. Meaning, police enforce regional laws, not federal laws.

Overall, your post is misinformed.