General News Thread

Their secret is…samurai swords.

Obviously just joking…:laughing:

But yeah, in all seriousness, the gun crimes here in the US is outrageous, to say the least.

Speaking of…

I rest my case…
Honestly, it’s a damn shame really… Paging through news channels here in the US, it’s almost a guarantee that you will hear about a shooting 80% of the time.

It’s people like this, that make it hard for law abiding citizens to own a gun. I’m all for the 2nd amendment, but everytime a shooting happens, the majority of people scream for more strict gun laws, or ban guns all together. (Which I honestly think they are aiming to do) Which I think is a terrible idea. A gun in the hands of a (sane) person is not dangerous.

Banning guns is not the answer, all that is gonna do is make it more easier for criminals to go about their business. Leaving the actual law abiding citizens, defenseless. But that’s a whole different story.

I don’t mind stricter gun laws but I’d never want guns to be banned completely.

I don’t think that’ll ever happen anyways.

I’m unsure why assault rifles need to be legal, but I support the legality of shotguns, non-automatic handguns and bolt-action weapons. Then again, I don’t know why you’d need a bolt action weapon.

Hunting maybe?

Yeah, that’s true.

America is so paranoid of Terrorism that they elected a guy who said he would ban all muslims from entering the country and put all US born muslims on “a list”, but toddlers with guns kill more people in the USA than Islamic terrorists.

Toddlers, with guns.

What the fuck, America. Sort your shit out.

It’s not about need, it’s about want.

inb4 @MadMax

It’s not really about the need or the want, it’s your God given right to own a gun (if you so choose) yes, some people want them and even in rare occasions, may need them.

All I’m saying is, a gun in the hands of a sane person is nothing to be worried about. It’s these crazy ass people you see on the news that give owning a gun a bad name. And for the record, I may be a US citizen, but I in no way support Trump anymore than you do, believe me lol

Oh I appreciate America has the right to bear arms, but I don’t think anyone “needs” an AR-15. But they want one, and they can, so they do. Much like how I want to buy the new Battlefield game.

Anyway, something to alleviate the discussion…

Yeah, I see what you’re saying there, owning an
AR-15 is a want, obviously not a NEED. However, sane people wanting to own one shouldn’t be demonized for wanting to own one, just because of the crazy ass people on the news…

And I don’t think I agree with that. Toddlers with guns kill more people with guns in the US than terrorist?
Look at 9/11 that resulted in over 2,000+ deaths by terrorists… I have yet to see that many deaths in a years time, caused by toddlers with handguns.

and so God said “let there be M14 rifles”

I’m sorry to say that it’s true.

Do you guys think America would be better off if only handguns were legal? I’m not sure if I’m for this but I’m just curious if you guys think it’d be safer, or if there’d still be huge flaws.

I think if that were to happen there’d literally be armed revolts in the street.

In the UK, it’s handguns and semi-automatic rifles that are banned altogether. You can get permits for are shotguns or rifles but gun owners are quite uncommon here.

You’re definitely right, protests at the least. If there was some magical way to make everyone okay with having their rifles and shotguns taken away and only allowing handguns I wonder if it’d do anything positive.

Yes, that may be true. (Over the course of years) But I’m talking the same amount of deaths from 9/11 in a 1 year time period.

huehuehue

“Oh, I was tagged. Let’s see what’s going on.”