General News Thread

And so it begins.

"The White House is now in the hands of a pathological liar and megalomaniac, a mutation spawned of our celebrity culture, a thin-skinned authoritarian whose only real constituent is himself, and whose intentions, to the extent we can discern them, are to destroy a lot of the things that make this country (truly) great.

Plus he has no idea what he’s doing. He’s slowly collecting corrupt and venal misfits who hate government and thrusting them into positions of power, with the sickly acquiescence of a self-serving Republican leadership that until recently saw him as a madman. But even they don’t know what they’re saying yes to.

No matter what you may hear in the coming days from the mainstream press and other elite institutions, this is not normal. This is aberrational. This is crazy.

It’s almost too painful to watch, but we all must watch. To the extent that we care about our core values, we must resist. And we need to figure out how to make things better when it’s over."

Yep. You heard it right. Breaking News. Donald Trump is officially the President of USA.

Good luck America. You’ll be just fine.

Imagine being Hillary right now, that must’ve been so painful to watch. Spending your entire life with the goal of becoming the first female President, just to lose to a buffoon with weird hair.

Not a fan, but hope President Trump has a miraculous positive impact on America, even though that’s very unlikely.

Congratulation USA, this is your president for the next 4 years.

He is full of s***, acting like a baby and have now the power to turn this world into chaos.

God help us all.
I hope he’s not going to be as bad as they say.

Well poor Clinton, not being able to be President. But what really hurts is imagining how ethnic minorities, LGBT people, women and muslims must be feeling right now. This will start with them.

Yeah, I’m scared of the concentration camps Trump is developing for them.

One of the things a president need is a thick skin, Donald Trump dosen’t have that, he takes all critique personally and he wants some form for revenge, so he is indeed a dangerous man and USA elected him to be their president.
I don’t think god can or will help us, i just hope he is removed from the office before China and Russia has had enough of him.

Trump impeachment would be nice, but Pence would need to be impeached too. He’s arguably worse than Trump.

Yup, I don’t think God will help us (I don’t think he exists, I was just using it as a figure of speech). I think he needs to stop taking things personally or he will have to go, that’s not a mindset the president should be having.

Sarcasm aside, Trump’s Muslim Registry idea isn’t too far off of what happened to Japanese Americans with Interment Camps during WW2.

Never again.

I don’t know how the rest of the world viewed Barrack Obama but I’d like to think he was viewed as a great leader and a great man.

Still, he didn’t deserved the Nobel Peace prize.

America is fucked. I don’t know how people can see this man as a good president for one of the most powerful countries in the world. Here’s to the next 4 years. He literally has no idea what he is doing, and he just does everything for himself.

Imo

How people feel and how people are treated are two different things.

Literally not trying to get involved in this shitstorm thread, just saying that people act too much on feeling and women do the same thing in relationships and look how well that goes over most of the time.

I liked him, i’m not that interested in politics, but i’m a democrat and i liked the ObamaCare :smiley:.

Here in Norway we have free hospital care, we pay for it through taxes and we don’t need insurance or sell our houses to pay the hospital bills if we gets seriously ill.

With ObamaCare Obama wanted health insurance to be more affordable for most people:

What Does ObamaCare Do?

The Affordable Care Act does lots of important things including:

Offering Americans a number of new benefits, rights, and protections in regards to their healthcare
Setting up a Health Insurance Marketplace (HealthCare.Gov) where Americans can purchase federally regulated and subsidized Health Insurance during open enrollment.
Expanding Medicaid to all adults in many states.
Improving Medicare for seniors and those with long-term disabilities.
Expanding employer coverage to millions of employees.
Requiring most people to have coverage each month from 2014 in order to get an exemption, or pay a fee.
And introducing new taxes and tax breaks, among other provisions.

History will remember Obama with rose tinted goggles due to what comes next.

Obama’s presidency has been a mixed bag. In a different timeline, I may even be happy to see him hand the reigns over due to his war on whistleblowers, expansion of the surveillance state and extrajudicial drone killings in middle eastern countries. However, he’s being preceded by a sociopathic, racist billionaire with delisions of his own grandeur.

As a Canadian who never really has had an affinity for any of the Presidents, I really liked him up until Trump became a candidate. Then I realized (in my mind, not saying it’s fact) how he lets himself be pushed around by Political Correctness and I find that a weak quality in anyone let alone a leader.

I really felt bad for him in the long run because I feel like American’s didn’t appreciate him when they had him. My wife is dual citizenship, and all of her family is in America. Anytime I went there, eventually they’d all start bitching about Obama. One time I said “yeah fuck that guy who gave you affordable healthcare, and is trying to keep you all from owning firearms you don’t know how to use properly” - well let’s say it didn’t go over well and it pissed me off that a guy can try so hard and still get nowhere with stupid people.

I like Trump, but I don’t love Trump. I like that he actually puts his countrymen first, and up until now, every other recent President has been prone to being pushed around to some degree. Trump doesn’t seem like he’s taking Shit from anyone and I like that. We’ll see how it goes though, there’s still plenty of time for him to become the Monster people are pretending he is right now. I still laugh when I see that video of the girl crying her soul out that he won. That’s the kind of person who runs Tumblr.