Game News Thread

Hey everyone, this is a megathread for any gaming news, announcements, articles, or rumors that you would like to share with the rest of the forum! Please keep any hitman or other major game news in their respective threads if one has been made. Enjoy!

7 Likes

Don’t hurt me with unkept promises again ,Tim!

Straight up from the article

• VR Game of the Year: Half-Life: Alyx (Phasmophobia, The Room VR: A Dark Matter, Thief Simulator VR, Star Wars Squadrons)
  • Labor of Love: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (Among Us, Terraria, The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, No Man’s Sky)
  • Better With Friends: Fall Guys (Sea of Thieves, Borderlands 3, Deep Rock Galactic, Risk of Rain 2)
  • Most Innovative Gameplay: Death Stranding (Control, Superliminal, Noita, Teardown)
  • Outstanding Story-Rich Game: Red Dead Redemption 2 (Detroit: Become Human, Mafia Definitive Edition, Metro Exodus, Horizon Zero Dawn)
  • Best Game You Suck At: Apex Legends (Crusader Kings 3, Ghostrunner, FIFA 21, GTFO)
  • Outstanding Visual Style: Ori and the Will of the Wisps (Battlefield 5, There is No Game, Marvel’s Avengers, Black Mesa)
  • Best Soundtrack: DOOM Eternal (Halo: The Master Chief Collection, Helltaker, Need for Speed Heat, Persona 4 Golden)
  • Sit Back and Relax: The Sims 4 (Microsoft Flight Simulator, Satisfactory, Untitled Goose Game, Factorio)
  • Game of the Year: Red Dead Redemption 2 (Hades, DOOM Eternal, Fall Guys, Death Stranding)
2 Likes

not exactly the latest news, but disco elysium is finally coming to consoles in march:

some of the very best writing in video games, right there.

2 Likes

For starters, all three games have had their file structures optimised, fitting the entire trilogy into a tidy 100GB.

7 Likes

Took them long enough to give EA the boot.

1 Like

Sony gave release windows for several of their upcoming games at CES:

Returnal - 03/19/21
Pragmata - 2023
Solar Ash - June 2021
Kena: Bridge of Spirits - March 2021
Stray & GhostWire: Tokyo - October 2021
Little Devil Inside - July 2021
Project Athia - January 2022
Hitman 3 - January 2021
Horizon: Forbidden West - 2021 

I, like a number of you, am really curious about Stray, which is slated for an October release.

And thank god they let me know that something called Hitman 3 is coming out this month. I almost missed that one. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

https://twitter.com/bethesda/status/1349023307228704770?s=20

A new Indiana Jones game with an original story is in development from our studio, @MachineGames, and will be executive produced by Todd Howard, in collaboration with @LucasfilmGames. It’ll be some time before we have more to reveal, but we’re very excited to share today’s news!

4 Likes

Oh yay nothing could possibly be worse than hearing Todd Howard working on an Indiana Jones game. Why are people this excited over the game? Have they completely forgotten the last game Todd worked on?

1 Like

haha i have no idea. im not interested in Indiana Jones at all, but it seems like people are excited about it

seems like the Wolfenstein Youngblood people are working on it, i havent played that either

That just makes it less of a sure thing as well. Youngblood didn’t suck but it sure isn’t the best and New Colossus was good but it felt bad in parts.

1 Like

and will be executive produced by Todd Howard, in collaboration with LucasfilmGames
Holy shit! Hope it turns out well :smiley:
Maybe Todd can prove to us that he still got what it takes to make a good game. Especially an adventure one. Anyone remember Reguard? That was Todd’s baby…

2 Likes

Seems that Todd “The Chessmaster” Howard left clues
https://twitter.com/HunterWorldv2/status/1349029095301128193/photo/1

I guess Wolfenstein is taking a nap right now.

If Indiana Jones could replace Tomb Raider in terms of gameplay and missions style I would be interested, I’m not talking about rebooted Tomb Rider where Lara Croft is a massmurderer, but when Tomb Raider was about puzzles, fighting bats, tigers etc and some few humans.

indiana jones had some great games. the three (?) point and clicks were all really good, but i also loved the og xbox’s indiana jones and the emperor’s tomb. the melee system was the perfect fit; sloppy, grabby and brutal.

3 Likes

And in this trailer I saw some classic Tomb Raider mechanics as well :heart_eyes:.

1 Like

yeah, it was nicely divided between platform puzzles and nazi bashing. exactly what you’d want from an indiana jones game.

i think it was made by the same team that did that old buffy the vampire slayer game.

1 Like

And now there’s a new Star Wars game in the works and it’s not by EA :laughing:

2 Likes

Ubisoft is working on a open world Star Wars game.

:roll_eyes:Of course they do, wouldn’t be surprised it would be a Far Recon Assassins Cry Ghost Creed kind of open world game…

I don’t know, Ubisoft took the microtransactions to new heights in Ghost Recon: Breakpoint and your teammates was gone (but put in again now?), it got even further away from being a Ghost Recon game than Wildlands was, but with Serge Hascoët gone:

Hascoët was treated almost like a member of the family. He was given ultimate authority to cancel, greenlight, or overhaul any game to his specifications. Project reviews would take place at a type of meeting known within Ubisoft as “gates,” and Hascoët was usually the gatekeeper.

Maybe we will see better games from Ubisoft from now on, maybe the developer will have more artistic freedom?

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-07-21/ubisoft-sexual-misconduct-scandal-harassment-sexism-and-abuse

I’m not fine with them yet, Ubisoft was once one of my favorite game developers, with the classic Splinter Cell, Ghost Recon and Rainbow Six games.

It’s maybe too early to see changes in Far Cry 6, but here’s hoping their Star Wars game will not be just a generic open world game like Far Cry, Ghost Recon and Assassins Creed is now.

1 Like

After so many years with only EA making SW games, I’m happy that others get a go at it :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like