David Bateson Interview

18 Likes

woah… Bateson has a beard

he looks like Hakan now

9 Likes

Quite fascinating interview with a bit more information on the Absolution scandal and how it luckily got resolved.

5 Likes

Beardson

11 Likes

But does he also have helicopters? :thinking:

4 Likes

Yes, he got a silver one, a black one, a chrome one, also heard he got a white and red one.

9 Likes

Pre-order bonus I presume?

3 Likes

David suggests 47 loves dropping things on targets. Canon kills being confirmed left and right, woah.

Absolution scandal?

Yes the backlash that lead to IO rehiring David Bateson as the voice of 47.

1 Like

Oh. I didn’t know that

“It was just a communication thing” - David
10 years later and IO still has this problem :stuck_out_tongue:

But yeah, I remember when I watched the Run for Your Life gameplay demo and when I heard 47 talk, I actually had to repeat that part of the video because I couldn’t believe it wasn’t David :sob:

6 Likes

This is the most relevant thread I could find :man_shrugging: But new Bateson interview just dropped :green_heart:

6 Likes

Wholesome. We might face a longer break of Hitman, but as long Bateson is alive, 47 is out there somewhere.

2 Likes

You live in Copenhagen where IO is based, right?
Yeah, I’m just stalking them constantly. “Gimme a job! I know you’re making a James Bond game!” I see there’s a bit of a movement on social media where people are saying they should put me in, that I’d make a great villain. I mean, I don’t know. IO can choose whoever they want. Let’s see what happens. I wish them all the best for that project. It’s a tremendous honour for them to have been granted this franchise. I feel very protective of them, actually. I do quite a lot of interviews, for all sorts of weird sites, and I always want to thank IO Interactive. I’m very proud to be a part of Hitman.

please make Bateson a villain or something in Project 007 :pray: (but using his normal voice not his 47 voice. his normal voice is already quite unique)

5 Likes

Alright who’s making the change.org page then? :wink:

We pressured IO into making him the voice of 47 again in Absolution. We can do it for 007 too like

2 Likes

I would like to come with my own suggestion, I would love to see Bateson as M. I have a feeling he would fit perfectly into those shoes.

6 Likes