Freelancer | Patch 3.170.1 | Bugs and Imperfections

AH, I hadn’t realized that about the suppliers! In hindsight that makes a lot of sense, and in the clip I posted I do notice that a npc walks in behind me as I’m standing in front of the supplier.
HOWEVER…
I was able to get a clip of that Whittle Creek baker supplier in the garage:

Whittle Creek Supplier committing to the bit

You can see that Helen West is in the garage with us at first, but then leaves the room,
leaving 47 and the supplier alone together, and he STILL won’t stop kicking the tires. He was stuck in this animation loop the entire mission. There are no other NPCs around, and the garage door is shut. There IS a courier in the room up the stairs behind the door, but that shouldn’t have any bearing on the current situation, as we are both out of his FOV.

As far as the burner phone situation, that makes sense and is something I thought of as well, so I’ve been consciously trying to use the phones when the Suspects aren’t in meetings/busy with anything; no dice. They usually get that icon above that head when in the middle of traveling to or attending a meeting, no? In any case, in that clip I shared of Dartmoor, those NPCs were in the middle of their scripted wandering around routes when I activated the phones, and still were very selective in when they decided to respond.

The button used to zoom in the camera is the same one used for agility actions, which caused me several times to start climbing things when I wanted to take a closer look at a suspect.
The whole tagging suspect mechanic seems to be a bit janky at times. Getting the correct person tagged gets difficult when there are two of them next to each other, and sometimes the camera just doesn’t detect a suspect I’m directly aiming at.
Suspect highlighting appears inconsistent. Sometimes NPCs marked as non-target will stop being highlighted in instinct, and sometimes they’ll reappear again. Though it could be just me not noticing something.
And lastly, had an alerted showdown in Berlin where suspects weren’t enforcers for my suit, but that fixed itself when I entered a trespassing area and then left it, which I guess “refreshed” it.

2 Likes

I’ve ran upon two pretty obnoxious bugs recently.

I managed to spawn in Colorado showdown without the sniper rifle I brought and was so pissed off that I immediately left the level and ended the campaign (it was the first syndicate and I failed the campaign just before this one, so I didn’t lose much aside from that sniper rifle and a few thousand merces). I think the bug happened because I entered inventory immediately upon spawning to equip a gun and the game didn’t have time to give me the briefcase or something like that.

The other bug is just pure bs, in Whittleton Creek the leader managed to walk outside the map (not during an alert, they just left the map somehow). I’ve seen this happen a few times in contracts mode but it’s not that bad there as you can just restart. Here I lost the campaign and my tools because of it. This one really needs to get fixed.

4 Likes

Does anyone know if calling a meeting using a burner phone will attract a suspect that’s gone off the map? I know in Santa Fortuna when Jorge Franco went off the map I could bring him back using the hippy mission story

3 Likes

Was it the realtor who takes Cassidy on a tour of the house if you feed him too many muffins?

1 Like

No it was a suspect for a showdown.

1 Like

Hey IOI, please change the name of the “Rare Melee Takedown - EPIC” to “Rare Melee Pacify - EPIC” or “Rare BLUNT Meelee Takedown - EPIC”.

This objective has eluded me a huge amount of times because I ALWAYS confuse it for “Rare Melee Kill - EPIC”. It’s especially confusingly worded since you never usually use the term “takedown” to refer to pacifying objectives, you use the word “pacify”.

14 Likes

I can’t speak for anyone else, but I share whatever I notice (no matter how small.)

While your diligence is admirable and many of the things you documented are gameplay related, there’s no shortage of posts in the main bug report thread about extremely minor aesthetic details that just muddy the waters.

I urge everyone reading to use their best judgement regarding the severity of a bug and perhaps leave some of the minor visual glitches in threads like this and not the main bug report area, at least until they address the gameplay issues. We can do our part to help them prioritize the things with the biggest effect on our enjoyment of the game.

5 Likes

Well, I’ve spent over a fortnight waiting for TalkTalk to get their act together and let me play the update I’ve waited over a year for (by the way, it doesn’t matter if you’ve spent over a hundred pounds on a game, you’re still COMPLETELY INCAPABLE of playing it if you’re offline, so if I hadn’t downloaded Hitman 2 just a couple of weeks before, I would have been completely locked out). Now that I’ve managed to finally play for 24 hours, I’ve already managed to find a way to softlock myself. Good mode though.
Well, if you’ll excuse me, I’ve got some catch-up reading to do:

3 Likes

fortnite

5 Likes

Twice now I’ve started at the bar in Berlin and lost the item I brought with me in the suitcase. Clearly bugged.

4 Likes

NPCs will not be affected by dart gun they spotted you shooting them with said dart gun and no relevant reward(s) will be granted.

2 Likes

I refuse to like your post

But I’m a nice guy so I’ll like it

Yeah it happened to me in Mendoza in the shrine starting location a couple times and the Berlin starting location as you said

1 Like

Camera needs some fixing, like extending how far away a suspect can be before you’re unable to mark them accordingly, as well as fixing issues where it fails to detect them as a suspect unless you stop aiming then try again.

14 Likes

Also, in a similar vein, let us turn off the circle in the frame. It’s really distracting IO!

11 Likes

“Shit, I’m lost…”

You don’t say?

9 Likes

Although still a bug to have two, it doesn’t load 2 for the actual mission. It’s only 2 in the safehouse.
I was just about to report this.

2 Likes

fortknight

20 characters

3 Likes

You can’t light up gasilone puddles made with the canister with bullets

1 Like