Now that H3 is released, do you still play H1 or H2?

I had Hitman 1 and 2 on PS4 and recently switched over to Xbox, so for convenience and grinding of the old challenges I’ve just played them both within Hitman 3 to keep my level consistent. That said, once I imported H1 into H2 I never went back to H1 again. In all likelihood, I probably wouldn’t have gone back to either one of them anyways regardless of the platform switch. For me, the vast majority of gameplay updates have been for the best anyways so I’m happy to just play the old maps together in the most recent game.

I was just vacationing in Sapienza a few days ago.

Of course! And for lots of reasons…

First of all every single HITMAN game of the trilogy have it’s own atmosphere and mechanics differ from one to another.

Also the maps, NPC behaviours, features, so much things that are various between the 3 games.

It’s always good to take a look back and compare the differences between 2016 and 2021.
So much things changed, for the good, but also for the bad.

There are things that i like more in HITMAN and others that i prefer in the sequels. Anyway they all have a special place in my gaming heart, thus the reason i keep all of them installed.

Or at least until i get my hands on HITMAN 3 to see if this single game combined all the greatness from previous games into one roof, so we don’t need to go back and forth between 3 games to get a complete and satisfying experience.

Also last but not least, i’m still preparing my Hitman series (Legacy Games and HITMAN) and i still haven’t finished to complete all my 2016 runs :sweat_smile:

Looking forward to try the final chapter in the coming years, without forgetting my usual expensive and detailed review about the matter :blush:

Cheers!

8 Likes

I’ve been jumping around levels, mostly playing Hitman 3 levels still but occasionally I’m doing levels from Hitman 1 (mostly because I started with Hitman 2 so I never played most of the Hitman 1 levels more than once). I’m playing all of them on Hitman 3 though, since I enjoy getting to carry items and suits between the three games and also because I play on Xbox so I don’t have too many unique missions I’m missing out on like the S6.

1 Like

I play all the maps except Patient Zero in Hitman 3. IO needs to restore the option to save loadouts. I can’t be bothered to switch loadouts back and forth between the main story missions and Patient Zero. I can’t believe they haven’t done this yet.

2 Likes

I’m doing the first hitman escalations right now.

Man, those suck

1 Like

So don’t do them?

20 wasted minutes of your life

I’m trying to unlock the escalation track

3 Likes

I thought the Hitman 3 versions of H1 and H2 maps looked worse, so I reinstalled H2 expecting to play them there. Then I loaded it up and realized I had rose tinted glasses, and the Hitman 3 versions do look better despite some quibbles. I thought about keeping it installed for the missing challenge packs and such, but it’s 150GB so in the end I uninstalled it.

But I do play Hitman 1 and 2 maps quite often, especially since I purposely did not do the progress carryover to give me a reason to do so. Lots of challenges to unlock (again). A couple I never did like Fly Silvio!

2 Likes

I’ll tell you a secret: the majority of Escalations suck.
There are only a few that are made with quality

1 Like

i jump around depending on what location i feel like visiting and completing challenges for. it is nice to play H1 and think about how simple things were in terms of story. i played the entire trilogy after H3 came out and tbh the quality was excellent the whole time. it felt like one long game to me. they should revisit the lighting on some legacy maps though as it is a bit of a disaster, i was playing marrakesh when i opened a door and got flashbanged by the sun

2 Likes

H3’s Deluxe escalations are pretty good

1 Like

I might get a lot of hate for this but…

Hitman 2016: Don’t get me wrong, I think Paris, Sapienza, and Hokkaido are phenomenal levels. But rest of the missions didn’t age well. I rarely play Marrakesh, Bangkok, and Colorado.

Hitman 2018: I think all of the missions in Hitman 2 are amazing. I love New Zealand, Miami, Santa Fortuna, Mumbai, Whittleton Creek, and Isle of Sgail. The small bonus missions are even incredible like the Maldives and bank. I replay the Hitman 2 maps the most.

2 Likes

So I think this topic is less about whether anyone plays the maps from H1 or H2 and more about whether anyone actually plays Hitman (2016) and Hitman 2. By which I mean do you actually launch either of those games and play them rather than just playing the maps from those games inside of Hitman 3?

I expect that most players don’t even have Hitman 1 and 2 installed at this point anymore, as seems to be the majority of posts so far.

3 Likes

Santa Fortuna is the weakest h2 map for me

1 Like

I love playing the old maps in Hitman 3 with the new items and suits.

1 Like

I don’t have any of the previous games installed right now, since I can just play them in H3 but when I get my PC I’ll probably get H2 on sale on Steam rather than just getting the access pass on Epic and then have both of them installed since I’d have a lot of storage space. I like starting fresh in Hitman as challenges and stuff give me incentive to play.

I play them through H3, but I don’t think I’ll go back and play them on their specific discs.

I’ll always obviously keep them part of my collection but from now on I’ll play them through H3, especially when IOI have improved the levels in terms of graphics and texture etc. Not to mention 47’s character model looks more badass in H3.

2 Likes

Similar to most I don’t have them installed anymore but play them through H3.

I play H1 quite often still, I still find most of the maps to be the best in the series. Paris, Sapienza and Hokkaido are amazing. Marrakesh is decent. Find Bangkok and Colorado to be a bit of a chore though.

Haven’t really replayed H2 as much as I would like. Not sure why as I enjoyed it when it released but don’t feel motivated to play it so far.

Play H3 quite often, most of the maps give a Contracts-esque atmosphere (especially Chongqing). I tend to replay Berlin and Mendoza the most. I love Chongqing’s atmosphere but I wasn’t struck on the targets and their locations overall.

But basically still see a lot of H1, barely touch H2.

1 Like

I can’t keep all three games installed just due to the sheer filesize of the games (2016 and 2 are 155GB), but as what I suspect with most people, I play via H3. I’m aware it’s a nerdy reason, but it’s much easier to keep 58GB around than 155GB.

That and any excuse to mock Activision for large filesizes is A-ok by me.

5 Likes