Freelancer Challenges: Full list with a more systematic order

To be honest, the '“Sometimes Maybe Good, Sometimes Maybe Shit” challenge was pretty low hanging fruit…

1 Like

I just did it slowly on areas that weren’t alerted once per campaign so that it didn’t lead to a campaign failure.

1 Like

Frogs don’t seem to work for the natural selection challenge. Does anyone know if flowers do? So far the only way I know to complete this is by crafting a poison in Mendoza.

1 Like

I have gotten one elimination that counted towards “Natural Selection” on Santa Fortuna. I’m not sure if I used a frog or a lethal flower, but definitely one of those two. If frogs really don’t work, it must’ve been the flower and they should work.

1 Like

So should the fugu poison in Hokkaido - but that didn’t work for me.

Personally, I think that they should relax the parameters for that natural selection challenge. Currently, people seem to have a lot of issues figuring out what exact poisons are acceptable for that challenge and if the plants-only is true, then your showdowns become so map restricted and punishing for anyone who doesn’t have extensive knowledge of where lethal flowers can be located.

I’d change it to also include crafted poisons at the Safehouse too, then it would definitely be making good use of the poison workbench!

5 Likes

It’s frog from Ambrose? I completed my challenge using frog from Haven Island & Santa Fortuna. People also said that you can progress this challenge from poison workbench in Mendoza.

1 Like

Is the money one cumulative or do you need 500k unspent mercers?

1 Like

Total amount of Merces that you had, including the one that you spend on weapons or the one that you lose from losing campaign. Basically, cumulative.

2 Likes

Excellent news. Thought I had to save up 500k.that would suck.

Guess I only need to save up enough to lose 50k, which will probably be once ive filled the wall anyway.

Just realised that I remember from the CTT that there was a challenge for killing a certain number of Leaders as they were escaping that isn’t in the game (at this stage). Anyone know of any other CTT challenges that got removed? I can’t remember how many there were and I deleted my CTT files so I can’t check. :frowning:

The one for killing 10 Leaders as they’re escaping is still there. It was one of the first challenges I focused on. (Used a lot of rubber ducks. :grin:)

1 Like

Well. I clearly completed it on accident then. Haha.

1 Like

Not to mention a flash phone or similar device to safely prompt them to escape.

Frogs do count towards the Natural Selection challenge but it needs to be consumed, poisoning ventilation systems/fumigators don’t seem to work, tested in Whittleton Creek and Santa Fortuna.

Frogs from Haven Island also work but frogs from Ambrose do not, neither the emetic flower turned lethal with the bio chemistry guy work.

6 Likes

Hi, can you edit this part by adding that you have to meditate for 5 minutes straight for this to work? I just tried this challenge again after a few weeks, and it would be helpful for others who come across this post like me.

2 Likes

Thanks for your input. I’ve updated my original post :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Found one more.

This also works if you simply exit the Showdown mission without completing it. Just tested this.

2 Likes

Is there a particular way to get the challenge Cold Feet? I was simply starting and leaving the mission without doing anything. This worked 2 times, but now didn’t work on my last 2 tries. What gives?

Edit: Got the answer from this reddit post:

For the Cold Feet challenge (exit 20 times without killing all targets) make sure not to skip the mission scoring screen. Specifically, after exiting the mission and leaving the challenges screen you must wait a few seconds until at least the “total mission XP” indicator starts rolling (the one next to time and payout indicators). Otherwise if you just spam Enter to skip through everything then exiting will not count for the Cold Feet challenge. Additionally, make sure ONLY to exit NORMAL missions. Do NOT exit alerted territories and/or showdowns as it will immediately fail the entire campaign.

1 Like

Thanks, I have rephrased the original post for that one as well.

2 Likes