Music Thread

Eminem fell off really hard after MMLP, imo. Yea The Eminem Show is a fine album with some pretty good songs on it, but he never even tried to go back to the effortless, give-no-fucks time of SSLP and MMLP.

Some of the latest tunes I’m enjoying.

One of the major things that I don’t like about this album is the whole “fuck drumpf” attitude. I’m not really picking a dog in this fight, no politics, but isn’t this theme way too overused already? Make fun of his hair, looks or something in a small part of a song in a humoruous way and great, maybe even he’ll laugh at it everybody’s happy.
Feats were, eh. I love skylar with em and the unnamed one on Castle was great too. Rest are just kinda, idk.
Feel like he got the some bigs like ed and beyonce JUST for more recognition which would’ve been ok if they felt fitting. I personally liked skylar’s live walk on water a lot more than original recording with beyonce.
Beats suck. Framed and Castle, Walk On Water are good and the rest is either generic or some 90s rock. Another song with good beat is actually Believe but he completely ruined it with the weird-modern-surely-not-fitting-to-eminem rapping style he went with.

I’m surprised I even dislike anything from Eminem but yeah, this album’s bad.

Why? Fuck that guy tbh.

It’s overdone & boring, doesn’t deserve this much spotlight.

Forgot about Encore?

Encore wasn’t this bad,I mean it had Mockingbird,Just Lose It and Toy Soldiers. I mean,this one has some good ones too,but the core problem is how SJW Eminem is. Makes me puke goddamn

It actually wasn’t bad but I’d put it at the bottom of the list when ranking all his albums.

It’s a close one,because with that one you had bad ones and 3 very solid ones whereas this new one is a lot more nuances,you get good ones (Castle),ok ones but too generic (River) and then SJW shit (Untouchable).

Insulting Trump is “SJW” now?

That word is so fucking meaningless.

Listen to the album’s songs,say,“Untouchable”. The musicality of it is soooo fucking bad,the hook is annoying and the theme is OVERDONE by a mile now,in a million other songs,in a catchier/better way than that mess. Just to give you one example.

So what are the lyrics and what is so offensive about them?

I fucking love sociopolitical lyrics. Give me Napalm Death and Dälek over almost anything else.

It’s the same old song about racism,police brutality,the fact that an average black mans life is shorter than a white mans. I get it,important problems worth talking about. But this is one of his last albums and he already treated similiar concepts in “White America”. It just gets annoying,I want to listen to something fresh. I’m all for satire/deep songs/whatever you want to make us laugh/think at our society,but this way felt like a boring rinse and repeat.
'Cause you’re a white boy, white boy
You’re a rockstar (My momma talk to me
Try to tell me how to live)
White boy, white boy, in your cop car (But I don’t listen to her
’Cause my head is like a sieve)
White boy, white boy, you’re untouchable (The world’s coming to an end, I don’t even care)
Nobody can tell me shit cause I’m a (big rockstar)

See what I mean?
This is not “clever”. This reeks of “done before”. Hasn’t drawn a point home. 0.

No. I have no problem with that because i’m not easily offended.

Okay, let me get this straight… Putting aside the hilarity of you thinking you know better than Eminem - one of the most decorated rappers and lyricists of all time - about how his songs should be composed - You don’t mind Trump references as long as they are totally benign and uncontroversial. Making a joke about his silly hair is fine, but using an artistic medium and platform to challenge his views is not? I don’t like art that is designed to cater to, and flatter, the powerful. I like art that makes them fucking furious and scared. Why do you think the first people censored by despots are journalists and artists? It’s because both have the ability to make people question those in power.

It seems that what you are really asking for is neutered art. Sorry, you’re not getting that - Especially not in Hip Hop and especially not in this current climate. Art is at its best when it is impassioned, fired up and has something to say.

If you don’t want to think when you listen to music then that’s fine - But maybe you should look to something other than hip hop music for that. I’ve got an album of Disney songs I could lend you if you like.

Having listened to the song and read the lyrics I beg to differ. It seems to have made too specific a point for some people and rustled their jimmies. And all I can say to that is - good. Kick over a few tables.

But they’re gonna say you’re tryin’ to take an irrational stance
If you try to slander the flag but
Somebody has to be the sacrificial lamb
So they call it a Kaepernick tantrum
If you don’t stand for the national anthem
We raise it, you better praise it
Or you’ll be made to feel like a traitor, we’ll
Treat you like Rodney Dangerfield
Home of the brave is still racist ‘ville
So this whole nation feels like a plantation field
In a country that claims that its foundation was based on United States ideals
That had its Natives killed
Got you singin’ this star-spangled spiel
To a piece of cloth that represents the “Land of the Free” that made people slaves to build

The fact this exists and is triggering idiotic Status Quo Warriors (SQW’s) everywhere is actually tremendously satisfying to me. I don’t care if it has been “done before”, it’s still relevant and as long as it is relevant it needs to be said.

Putting aside the hilarity of you thinking you know better than Eminem

heh heh

You don’t mind Trump references as long as they are totally benign and uncontroversial.

My problem is that he has gave the fuck trump too much spotlight, if you somehow still think that my problem is him dissing Trump, maybe re-read instead of putting words in my mouth. Before you ask, why do I think it doesn’t deserve as much spotlight? It’s overused. Beaten down. If you’re gonna take a theme like that, I expect you to add something original to it and not things you can find in every leftist’s twitter. Again, if Trump diss was like the one in Framed, the one about Ivanka which is humoruous and fitting, I wouldn’t have a problem with it.

I’ve got an album of Disney songs I could lend you if you like.

You’re a real savage mate holy shit.

It’s not about me getting offended(never said that I am,why would I?It discriminates racists),it’s about Eminem wasting a song talking about an argument that is so cliché by now he might as well have rapped about the ABCs. He triggered some racist assholes. Perfect. He wasted a song like that acting like some SJW,making 0 smart points I expect him to make. A mean tweet would have done the trick. It also attacked the american flag,I mean,I never got the whole admiration for a piece of cloth (not there not in my own country) and I bet it also triggered some patriots. But what has this song done effectively besides triggering some racists here and there and maaaybe a few americans?That last bit? The “This flag was built on slaves” thrope?I am pissed because I know that Eminem can and has the abilities to do better.
Plus if you listen to the songs musicality it sounds sooo generic. I mean it,try it,it just does not click to me.

I don’t care what anyone says, I don’t care if anyone thinks Poppy is crazy (which I do agree she is I’M POPPY), I like this song.

One of Bowie’s best tracks, imo.