Paris Mastery - unlockable Sedative vial

If you plant a proximity explosive beside a sedated body, will it blow up? If not… I can see this being an opportunity to lure targets to proximity death.

I̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶w̶o̶r̶k̶s̶,̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶c̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶t̶a̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶R̶e̶z̶a̶ ̶Z̶a̶y̶d̶a̶n̶ ̶A̶N̶D̶ ̶S̶t̶r̶a̶n̶d̶b̶e̶r̶g̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶c̶h̶o̶o̶l̶ ̶o̶f̶f̶i̶c̶e̶.̶ ̶A̶f̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶S̶t̶r̶a̶n̶d̶b̶e̶r̶g̶ ̶d̶r̶i̶n̶k̶s̶ ̶f̶r̶o̶m̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶w̶i̶n̶e̶ ̶g̶l̶a̶s̶s̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶s̶e̶d̶a̶t̶e̶d̶,̶ ̶p̶l̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶a̶ ̶p̶r̶o̶x̶i̶m̶i̶t̶y̶ ̶m̶i̶n̶e̶/̶d̶u̶c̶k̶/̶i̶c̶o̶n̶a̶t̶o̶r̶ ̶n̶e̶x̶t̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶b̶o̶d̶y̶.̶ ̶Z̶a̶y̶d̶a̶n̶ ̶w̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶r̶e̶t̶u̶r̶n̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶o̶f̶f̶i̶c̶e̶,̶ ̶i̶n̶v̶e̶s̶t̶i̶g̶a̶t̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶b̶o̶d̶y̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶b̶l̶o̶w̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶m̶ ̶b̶o̶t̶h̶ ̶u̶p̶.̶ <-- not a great example, the same could be done leaving a bomb in the room before they get there.

The issues is the radious of detection. Remember that if they get too close to the body, you lose the no body found bonus, but still a good idea. Maybe a bigger blast can help to solve this issue, hence why the plastic explosive blocks can be useful after all, specially the proximity one.

i didnt know, but indeed props. the first example with the stylist was quite unclear, but when i figured what you were doing there yea its nice. i did “terrible accidents 2” today and i dropped a chandalier on a target, which came to invistigate a body of a target i just pushed, so bodies for luring can be usefull in some cases if you can still keep the silent assasin in tact.

Exactly. So far bodies from accidents are a very valuable and secure asset, but here we must find a way of actually making the sedative vial useful in a much more reliable way. You know, I’ll love to see a Sedative Syringe in the future for more practical uses.

In relation to what @Adidice said about using the vial to lure a victim to an accident, maybe this can be very well applied for some instances where we have a bodyguard/civilian and a target very close from each other, but the situation is hard to find. Sure there has to be an instance for some fast shooting also.

I think that the main issue at the moment is that there are extremely limited circumstances to use the vial, simply because someone needs to eat or drink to get the sedative into their system. As I mentioned in my post above, I really hope that at the moment the effects are broken. That is, like lethal poisons, it was fully intended that you would never lose No Bodies Found bonus if a sedated NPC’s body was found. In which case a sedative syringe could actually be a really powerful tool, allowing us to pull of some highly intricate operations.

@Fox: I love the idea of placing a proximity explosive on the path approaching the sedated NPC (@scm97tl: If it was placed in front of the sedated NPC, on the path the lured NPC follows, then they wouldn’t get close enough to lose the bonus). Of course, you’d have to hide the explosion target’s body quickly, but that would be a really interesting way to take out a target.

Just discovered something very interesting today. Normally, when a body is subdued and any of the 4 proximity explosives are placed next to it (Proximity mine, proximity CX demo block, yellow duck, iconator), they will detonate.

However, proximity explosives placed beside a body collapsed from drinking a sedative vial do not explode!

I tested this on the security guard in Paris in the basement who drinks from the cup near the changing rooms, and the priest in Sapienza who drinks the wine glass in the church basement.

If you don’t mind losing the SA bonus, you could create some interesting traps.

so the bomb would have be a safe distance away from the body to not get the collateral damage but then again you are saying a sleeping body doesn’t set the bomb off so I guess this trap is meant to kill everyone.

You know, I tried something kinda like this with Silvo and Francesca but Silvo doesn’t give a damn about Francesca and doesn’t wanna check on her.

That’s amazing. Good job @Fox. Can be useful if you have to kill two targets actually.

Perhaps the sedative is so strong the person breathes much lighter ? LoL. If 47 chokes you out you still raise and drop your chest slightly more making the bomb go boom!

In the new bonus mission ‘The Author’, a SFX Crewmember comes out the basement of the church to drink from the water bottle. If you sedate that, and you distract one guard while he drinks it the body will never be found. Also, it’s silent so the guards won’t hear it. My first time it’s actually useful…