Red Dead Redemption 2 (October 26 2018)

So Dutch Van der Linde is back. I wasn’t expecting that.

I have mixed feelings, thought main hero will be a little bit crazy or mysterious and not so normal and average
But i know shit its only 1:30 long trailer

I’m just so glad that it’s one main character, and not three.

Pretty generic looking main character but I’ll reserve judgement til we get more info on him. I get the feeling they’re going for a spaghetti western vibe compared to the first game, but again too early to say.

It’s still possible. In GTA V’s first trailer they hinted that micheal would be the only character. There was no sign of Trevor or Franklin.
I wouldn’t mind either way though. If they learned from some mistakes from gta v’s campaign, then multiple characters could potentially work. Espicially if they explored how people of different races were treated.
However I agree that rockstar tells better stories when they focus on 1 protagonist.

True, but with the description it really sounds like it’s gonna be a single character.

“The all-new trailer for Red Dead Redemption 2, the story of outlaw Arthur Morgan and the Van der Linde gang as they rob, fight and steal their way across the vast and rugged heart of America in order to survive.”

The game is a prequel set before the events of Red Dead Redemption, when John Marston ran with Dutch’s gang. However by the looks of it we won’t be playing as John Marston but an entirely new character. That definitely isn’t Jack.

i can’t get hyped for this game.
¯_(ツ)_/¯

Get on the Hype steam train… lol

I’m not getting hyped because of the microtransaction bonds they already said are in the game…

And it’s too early, we don’t know enough yet, but i will stop getting hyped for any games from now on, too many games have failed to deliver, latest disappointment Project Cars 2 :sob:.

really loved this detail

https://i.redd.it/78dnlj3jmooz.jpg

but it’s too soon to talk about gameplay, I think it’s gonna be great as always

I heard the platinum is locked behind micro transactions
:roll_eyes:

Knowing R* they’ll figure a way to actually do that lmao.

Looks like we will play Arthur Morgan:

Rockstar has released a new trailer for Red Dead Redemption 2. It reveals the first official details about the game’s story, which will be a prequel, and star a new character, Arthur Morgan - not John Marston.

Rockstar describes the game as “the story of outlaw Arthur Morgan and the Van der Linde gang as they rob, fight and steal their way across the vast and rugged heart of America in order to survive.”

The Van der Linde gang is also known as Dutch’s Gang, which the last game’s protagonist, John Marston would eventually join (and leave).

Ahh I actually didn’t see the description. Thanks for pointing that out.

CAN’T WAIT

This game needs to happen asap. RDR is one of my fav of all time.

Wonder if the main character will be somewhat likable.

If I recall correctly they said there would have been an online mode which makes me iffy. GTA Vs story wasn’t that great and the game although having a big map and being fun ended up having little places to go to and things to do after the story,and the hopes of a DLC were killed. To focus on GTA:O. It started ok but now its literally a repetitive and mind numbling grind,all of this after they fired Leslie Benzies. Without Leslie I’m afraid of how the game is gonna be and I’m starting to think that the quality will not be that high this time around.

Not to mention Benzies himself said that RDR wouldn’t have been possible without him.
There’s not anything to really prove this other than a leaked note that apparently shows the Houser brothers panicking, but if this is true then RDR2 doesn’t have alot going for it.

he sounds like he might be a bit more on the lovable trevor side of protagonists… meaning, we’ll probably like him, but he’s gonna do some really bad stuff… he is an outlaw after all…

Fixed.