The Best Unlockable Item (Forum Game)

I used to use the breach charge/fire extinguisher technique to effortlessly and unsatisfyingly secure elusive targets, but that ended up feeling cheap, so I stopped.

Now I use poison to effortlessly and unsatisfyingly secure elusive targets.

It depends on play style. I use the mixtape a lot. Apart from the obvious long distant audible lure, you can place it precisely to attract one of many NPCs in the same location - it’s all about finding the sweet spot, you can throw it from cover to get it seen as a weapon, but one of the great uses is the memory trick. Drop it in-front of an NPC in plain sight and, as long as you trigger the sound before they realise it’s a weapon or they’re not an enforcer on a fixed sentry point, they forget you just dropped an illegal weapon. This will cause non-enforcers to wander off to report it or an enforcer to pick it up and move away.

It does not depend on play style. Play style determines which of the uses of the item you make use of. Not the total amount of uses, which determines how versatile it is.

When a mixtape can kill people, breach doors, sends objects flying and set off traps like chandeliers we will talk.

And this memory trick can easily be achieved with any weapon if you just bump and drop, same effect. Breacher can also be used for luring.

Breachers are far more versatile than the mixtape, that is just a fact. And playing styles have nothing to do with it

You can’t compare them like for like. They are different tools used for different purposes. As I said, I’m torn. I just know from my own perspective I often find the mixtape to be one of the most useful tools in solving contract puzzles. If I did an analysis of every run I’ve ever completed, would I find that I use breaching charges more often than mixtape? Possibly, but that’s not the issue. I know that I use the mixtape a lot. Hence I said, I’m torn: It’s not an easy decision for me to make. So far I’ve been up-voting BCs, but if it came down to those as the last two, I don’t think I could personally bring myself to down-vote the mixtape - I’m sure others will have no such reservations.

Sure you can. You compare the total amount of different uses the items have, and compare that number. The item with the most uses, is the most versatile. It really is that simple. Spoiler: Breachers win, it’s not even close.

Which item YOU prefer or use more is not relevant to how versatile a weapon is. The former is subjective, while the latter is an objective, measurable comparison.

Antique Emetic Syringe [16]
Concealable Baton [20]
Breach Charges [25]-6
Jaeger 7 Covert [22]
Janbiya [16]
ICA19 F/A Stealth [8]
Mixtape 47 [27]+3

Concealable Baton [20]
Breach Charges [28] +3
Jaeger 7 Covert [22]
Janbiya [16]
ICA19 F/A Stealth [8]
Mixtape 47 [21] -6

Votes like this don’t make any sense whatsoever.

The OP/maker of this game should really put together a list with items/weapons that are actually close to each other.

Concealable Baton [14] -6
Breach Charges [31] +3
Jaeger 7 Covert [22]
Janbiya [16]
ICA19 F/A Stealth [8]
Mixtape 47 [21]

It might not to you but for him it does.

Don’t like the game, simply don’t play or create one of your own with your own lists. I personally don’t mind it as it is.

Unless he’s tactically voting or using preference instead of which item is actually best, then yes, it does not make any sense.

That’s a bit limited don’t you think? That way no one can ever discuss anything or give their opinion.

If the title of the game was: favorite unlockable item instead of best, i would not have said anything. But it is not.

Me giving feedback on how the game could be better shouldn’t hurt anything or anyway.

Imo either change the title, or pick items that are actually close to each other.

Or… or… he just doesn’t like the breaching charge. I never use it myself even though it is as perfect as you say it is. There’s a tool for each type of player, so it shouldn’t come as a surprise that someone is gonna downvote it.

The whole point of this game is to express our opinion on what tools we like the most. It has nothing to do with the “facts” because then it would just be set in stone and there wouldn’t be a need to vote/play.
So sure the breaching charge might be far objectively superior to the other items, but this game is again not about facts, but about our own opinions. If I don’t like it I downvote it.

Or not. The game worked fine thus far. You are the only one I can see complaining.

That’s not what the title says. It’s what the players think is the best item, not which they like the most.

It’s like having a list consisting of Messi and 4 players from a 2nd league. Surely people can like one of those other 4 more, especially if they play at the club they support, but when asked who is the best player, it’s not about preference anymore.

False. You could have a list of the silverballer, breaching charges, coins, phone, and you could argue for each of them being the best, because they are all top tier weapons.

Opinions on which item is the best, not preference, as the title suggests. There is a difference.

So suggestions for improvement are never welcome?

Can’t it be both? If I think an item sucks I tend not to use it because… well it sucks. So i might think the is lockpick the best item and even like it more, where you’ll find the breaching charge the best.

So the title really bugs you out this much?
“The best unlockable item” can actually be understood in two ways. It can either refer to the actual best item in the game based on their stats. Or it can be interpreted as what you think is the best item. Going back to the whole opinion thing.

But this is a voting game not a arguing game. Whatever gets to the top isn’t magically gonna turn into the best item. Just like the game in the
" Best adventure game" isn’t gonna turn into the actual best adventure game.

I never said suggestions aren’t welcome. But the title hardly seems like a big enough issue in this case to start demanding for a change. The rest of us seems fine with it as it is and it haven’t mislead the rest of us.

To be honest I was just trying to get him onto the speedrunners’ side, Breaching Charges are OP, Kappa

Concealable Baton [14]
Breach Charges [25] -6
Jaeger 7 Covert [25] +3
Janbiya [16]
ICA19 F/A Stealth [8]
Mixtape 47 [21]

The Game is still on, Guys.

It certainly is! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Concealable Baton [14]
Breach Charges [28] +3
Jaeger 7 Covert [25]
Janbiya [16]
ICA19 F/A Stealth [2] -6
Mixtape 47 [21]

Oh wow, I thought I posted a submission. Oh well, I’ll just do it now.

Concealable Baton [14]
Breach Charges [31] +3
Jaeger 7 Covert [19] -6
Janbiya [16]
ICA19 F/A Stealth [2] -6
Mixtape 47 [21]

Oh please. This kind of game is full of tactical voting. I still remember in the “best mission of Hitman 2016”, The Showstopper got 3rd place (Wot got 4th place and Patient Zero got 2nd place).

Rule #1 of this game, do not expect that the contestant that liked by the majority will win the game.

And that, is the thing I like best about the game.

And in “the best target” Caruso got killed first lol.
Anyway let’s play.
Concealable Baton [14]
Breach Charges [25] -6
Jaeger 7 Covert [19]
Janbiya [16]
ICA19 F/A Stealth [2]
Mixtape 47 [24] +4